NM NM - Angela 'Autumn' Castilleja, 20, Las Cruces, 6 June 2004

Doyle

Reaction score
Website
www.
A New Mexico State University nursing student is missing after a Saturday night trip to Juárez to celebrate her birthday with a friend.

Angela Castilleja, 20, also called Autumn, told family members she would be back Sunday morning. The whole family then planned to return to their home in Clayton, N.M., where Castilleja was to spend the summer.

"She wanted to go to summer school," Linda Garcia, the missing woman's mother, said Wednesday. "I was afraid she would burn out, so I urged her to take the summer off and come home."

Garcia said her daughter went to Juárez with Mario Jimenez, also an NMSU student, who told police he dropped Castilleja off early Sunday morning.

"We don't believe that," Garcia said. "He has told all kinds of stories." Castilleja was expected to be home Sunday morning when her son returned from a visit with his father.
http://www.borderlandnews.com/stories/borderland/20040611-129339.shtml

The body of a missing New Mexico State University nursing student has been found in the desert south of Las Cruces.

Twenty-year-old Angela Castilleja was last seen by a fellow NMSU student who said he dropped her off at her apartment June Sixth after a night out in Juarez, Mexico.

Las Cruces police say her fully clothed body was in an advanced state of decomposition when found and the cause of death was not immediately known. Castilleja's body was sent to the Office of the Medical Investigator in Albuquerque for an autopsy.
http://www.krqe.com/business/expanded.asp?RECORD_KEY[Business]=ID&ID[Business]=5736

Prosecutors have sealed all records -- including autopsy results -- in the case of a 20-year-old Doña Ana Branch Community College student who was found dead.

The body of Angela Castilleja, 20, was found early Sunday in the desert near Mesquite, N.M. She had been missing since June 6 after a trip to Juárez with a friend, Mario Jimenez, 28, to celebrate her 20th birthday.

"We have done it to protect the integrity of the investigation," Chief Deputy District Attorney Susan Riedel said Tuesday.
http://www.borderlandnews.com/stories/borderland/20040616-131203.shtml

From November 2006:

http://www.lcsun-news.com/ci_4727062

On June 7, 2004, the family of Angela Autumn Castilleja contacted the Las Cruces Police Department when she did not return home from a night out celebrating her 20th birthday.

Castilleja's apartment on West Park Drive was searched, but nothing there pointed to her whereabouts or circumstances surrounding her disappearance. Five days later detectives located Castilleja's body in the desert east of Interstate 10 near Mesquite.

Witnesses told detectives that Castilleja, a mother and nursing student, was last seen alive leaving Juárez during the early morning hours of June 6, 2004. Detectives suspect foul play in her death and are treating the case as a homicide.

Anyone have updates on this case <modsnip>
Here no one remembers her just the girl from the dump ! Really I am just so sad that with hours months detectives looked into her case the evidence pulled up an someone is still free !

Last edited by a moderator:
This case always gives me chills, it takes me to a moment where someone close to my mom came to us with this story about how he found someone dead out in the desert during this time frame... a female student that had gone missing back when he was commuting to new mexico from El Paso Tx. This man always gave me the creeps so to see her story it makes me think he was either lying and wanted to seem involved or....On a random search yrs later I am sure I found this mans grandfather living near where she was found. Im not sure why I feel compelled into sharing, my hunch tells me I should.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back