909 users online (182 members and 727 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Has the top-level perpetrator been arrested?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 10.00%
  • No

46 65.71%
  • Not Sure

17 24.29%

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Has the top-level perpetrator been arrested?

I wish that there was a way of adding a multi-question poll but will include it here for additional discussion.

If you answered no, will the top-level person or individuals responsible be held accountable for this crime?

There are multiple reasons I ask these questions:
    • The key person may have enough clout to silence the high-end investigation. The clout may exist through (government or police) connections, power or money.
    • The plan may have been too well thought-out and blankets the key person or individuals responsible. There may be multiple layers of individuals responsible for this crime thus shielding the top layer.
    • The sudden silence in this case from LE is deafening.

To Mods: I'm sorry in advance if this question is too similar to Vote: PWL and LPG Jr: Who Is The Organizer and Who Got "Recruited"? I was hoping to start a poll targeting directly the concern that the responsible parties have not been arrested yet and if there is a possibility that they never will be.

However, if you believe that these questions are too close to the other post, please delete this one thus proving that the clout of the person responsible is much deeper then originally expected with having forum mod connections.
    Last edited by Chemaster; 07-27-2009 at 04:07 PM.
    The only constant is change so embrace it as if it were your best friend.

What if the top person is a government CI? Remember Whitey Bulger is Mass?
    Ran the Irish Mob there while an FBI informant.

I don't think LPG is the one.

Money speaks loudly - I think the sudden silence has to do with the fact that someone higher up insured the silence.

Silence may be necessary to get some folks to drop their guard.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderDog View Post
    Silence may be necessary to get some folks to drop their guard.
    Good point and I would agree.

My opinion on justice and money changed years ago. I was involved in a lawsuit and once informed my attorney "it is not about money, it about the principle". He immediately approached me and assumed his power-stance, looked at me dead-square in the eyes and firmly explained.

Attorney, "I want to make this 100% perfectly clear .... THIS IS ALL ABOUT MONEY AND NOTHING ELSE ......... THEY DON'T GIVE A &^%* ABOUT YOUR PRINCIPLES and money is the only way to get their attention!"

To this day I conduct myself on principles involving integrity and honesty. However, I have a deep respect on what he told me that day because money and power guides many powerful people, politics and society.
    Last edited by Chemaster; 07-27-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Morgan deferred to Eddins on several questions during press conferences and then stated he wasn't gone say anymore at the request of the SA (sorry, don't have link handy).

Has anyone seen a case like this where the SA is SO involved in info that's released?

Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    Morgan deferred to Eddins on several questions during press conferences and then stated he wasn't gone say anymore at the request of the SA (sorry, don't have link handy).

Has anyone seen a case like this where the SA is SO involved in info that's released?
    Normally, I think this relationship would be good ...

I am mainly concerned with the TOTAL reversal of pressers, pulling back of information provided, pulling back of statements already made, charges filed, low bail and some of the paths that the investigation has taken.

There seems to be far more to this story and I'm not sure if we will ever know the truth and all of the parties involved.

Great forum thread. Hope it stays open. It's a relief to me that others are on the same page. The silence has been deafening. I can understand that they'd be quiet for now about other speculations, but the crime just can't make sense without the rest of the information LE must have. IMO, I do think there's some very powerful people involved, and a protection going on suppressing the information we all sense is there to explain this strange crime. Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

All I can say is thank goodness this crime took place in the Sunshine State, so we will get to see all the discovery eventually.

Maybe the FBI is keeping the lid on this as they investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post

I think the sheriff and SA are doing the right thing by working closely together. I also think they were overwhelmed by the media attention given this case. Aside from getting the word out about the red van, I really see no useful purpose in everybody in the country being on a need to know basis regarding the facts of this case. Since they have arrested everyone that was in the house, how does reporting all the details to the public help their case? Maybe the SA and sheriff have decided that it is not worth the risk to make mistakes in the press that may jeopardize their case.

So far, I have the lone vote for...Yes, they already have the top-level perpetrator. Another reason there really isn't much left to tell.
    Last edited by RiverPirate; 07-28-2009 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemaster View Post
    [*]The key person may have enough clout to silence the high-end investigation. The clout may exist through (government or police) connections, power or money.
    I have felt this way from the start! The LE media briefings always made me feel uncomfortable. Why wouldnt' the police even consider that the safe was stolen to mislead a murder investigation? Why did it seem the police were protecting the reputations of the victims? Why did the Billings family hire a lawyer to protect the reputations of the Billings family? Did the mere presence of a laywer protecting the family reputations prevent LE from looking into the family because LE feared a lawsuit?

The recent news report about Operation Cold Dish proves to me that Gonzalez Jr is capable of being hired for anything. Although he claimed that he came forward because 'he didn't want to do anything illegal,' I suspect he flipped because the relationship soured or he thought he could get gratitude money from the husband. I don't think the details of Operation Cold Dish reveals a high moral code.

Here's the article I'm referencing: http://www.pnj.com/article/20090729/NEWS01/907290333

Quote Originally Posted by Chemaster View Post
    I am mainly concerned with the TOTAL reversal of pressers, pulling back of information provided, pulling back of statements already made....
    I've wondered if pressure from the Billings family attorney caused LE to retract statements.

Can fear of litigation direct the course of a murder investigation?

Related article found in quick search.
    "The NAFTA freeway makes it so easy and inexpensive for them to just steal the car and drive it down from Houston to Guatemala," said Lt. Victor Rodriguez of
    Houston's auto theft division. "They can do it for $100 in gas, and there are very few checks."

It is suspected that many of the vehicles end up in Mexico. Others make it farther south.

Gaining access to Guatemala's database took time, communication and lots of tedious work, Salazar said. It could be even more challenging in countries where
    paper files and typewriters are still used, he said.

"No country really checks its registrations against another country's stolen vehicles," said Rodriguez, who estimates vehicle theft generates $8 billion a year. He's in
    Washington, D.C., working for a year with the FBI to promote and expand his department's efforts to other countries.

Central American countries and Mexico "are beginning to see the totality of the problem," said Ralph Lumpkin, border operations director of the National Insurance
    Crime Bureau.

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/...ons/stolen.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Muffet View Post
    I've wondered if pressure from the Billings family attorney caused LE to retract statements.

Can fear of litigation direct the course of a murder investigation?
    I don't believe it directs the course of the investigation, particularly when government agencies are involved as well. But it DOES have an impact on how the investigation is presented to the community. There are certainly issues of libel and slander to be considered when addressing the public, but not in the course of events within the investigation itself. Personally, I think the decision to go "quiet" was a good one. It can give contributing parties to the attack a sense of confidence and it drops their guard, in some cases. It also keeps key points of evidence under the control of the Prosecutors, which is essential to a successful prosecution of ALL the perps, known and unknown to the general public. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by who knew? View Post
    Money speaks loudly - I think the sudden silence has to do with the fact that someone higher up insured the silence.
    I couldn't not AGREE with you more!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast