ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Boise boy still missing, police ask for public's help
Saturday, July 25th, 2009

Robert Manwill is 8-years-old, roughly 4 feet, 11 inches tall, weighing approximately 50 pounds. He was last seen wearing blue jeans, black shoes and a either a blue shirt with the Superman symbol on it, or a brown shirt that had the words "Andy don't need no mic" on it. He has brown hair and brown eyes. --> more at link

Better pic of Robert at this link

BOISE - Robert Manwill was last seen at 9:30 p.m. Friday near his home in the 2800 block of West Cherry Lane. [snipped]

Seen Robert? Call Ada County Dispatch at 377-6790.

Thanks for posting Liz. I just saw this. I hope Robert is found safe and soon.

FBI to Join in Search for Missing Boy

The search continues for a missing 8 year old boy, and now the FBI is getting involved.

Charles McClure of the Boise Police department says they've handed out fliers, stopped cars, and searched a canal and a nearby pond trying to find Robert Manwill who was last seen Friday night about 9:30 near his home in the 2800 block of Cherry Lane.

http://www.670kboi.com/Article.asp?id=1429312&spid=18042

Update from about 3 hours ago:

Community still searching for missing 8-year-old Sunday

About 75 volunteers, including off-duty officers, Boise State University officers and residents, methodically scoured the neighborhood around Robert Manwill's home.

The 8-year-old went missing 9:30 p.m. Friday from the 2800 block of Cherry Lane, near Vista Avenue and Targee Street in Southwest Boise. The New York Canal is about two blocks south of the apartment complex where Robert lives.

~snipped~

Officers have asked anyone who may have seen the boy, even for a moment walking down the street, to call them at Crime Stoppers, 343-COPS.

# # # # # #

Police say family members are not suspected in the boy's disappearance.

Well, it's good to hear that the family isn't suspected. But I do have to question why he wasn't asked to which friend's home he was going for this "party" at 9:30 at night. I was in Boise on Friday night and Saturday, but didn't hear about this until just now.

Also...I don't recall the FBI getting involved in a case so soon before. I could be mistaken, but it's kind of concerning.

It does appear as if the FBI is getting involved rather quickly. LE must think something happened to the him? I'm glad they are getting involved and I'm wondering if Idaho has another alert system, like Amber Alert, but that can be used when there is no car or suspect?

Prayers this child is found soon!!

Salem

As always, I am hoping that someone already brought in some tracking dogs, to try and distinguish just how far this little guy got. Time is of the essence! I pray Robert is found safe and sound.

Plus, isn't 8-years old a little young to be going partying? :waitasec: (Or maybe I'm just being an "old fart"?)

As always, I am hoping that someone already brought in some tracking dogs, to try and distinguish just how far this little guy got. Time is of the essence! I pray Robert is found safe and sound.

Plus, isn't 8-years old a little young to be going partying? :waitasec: (Or maybe I'm just being an "old fart"?)

It depends on what you mean by "party," I guess. My 12 y.o. goes to a "party" at a friend's house and it means they eat pizza and ice cream, chase each other around with Nerf guns, and then sleep on the rec room floor in sleeping bags for the night, all under a parent's supervision.

Hope Robert is found safe soon!

Hoppy

It does appear as if the FBI is getting involved rather quickly. LE must think something happened to the him? I'm glad they are getting involved and I'm wondering if Idaho has another alert system, like Amber Alert, but that can be used when there is no car or suspect?

Prayers this child is found soon!!

Salem

I don't think Idaho has any specific other alerts, but I'm pretty sure they use the CANS Missing Endangered Alert nation wide. Some sort of alert should be issued. They always wait so long to issue a CANS, and I just don't get it. Lindsey Baum's was 3 days after she was missing. Adji Desir's was 5 days later. I'm not sure of the exact criteria for a CANS, but in my opinion, the second the AMBER Alert request was denied, they should have requested a CANS. He's an 8 year old that hasn't been home in 2 days. I'm pretty sure he qualifies as "missing endangered".

It depends on what you mean by "party," I guess. My 12 y.o. goes to a "party" at a friend's house and it means they eat pizza and ice cream, chase each other around with Nerf guns, and then sleep on the rec room floor in sleeping bags for the night, all under a parent's supervision.

Hope Robert is found safe soon!

Hoppy

This is what I assumed "party" to mean too. Even if it's a sleep-over though, I think 9:30 is a little late to be starting...and for the parents to not know whos party it is.

Search Continues for Missing Boise Boy

Police officers and over one hundred volunteers together in prayer before heading out to again look for a missing eight-year-old boy.

Robert Manwill disappeared late Friday night now 48 hours later he is still nowhere to be found.

"At this point we don't know where Robert is we're trying to determine what has happened and pleading with the public for the assistance to locate Robert Manwill", says Deputy Chief Jim Kerns.

http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10790517&nav=menu536_7

According to the Idaho State Patrol sex offender registry, there are 408 RSO's within 5 miles of Robert's home. There are 70 within 1 mile. And there are 5-10 VERY close to his home.

I couldn't get the link of the search to work, but if you want to see, just use the 2800 W. Cherry Lane address that has been given in reports. That's not his exact address, it's just the block given in media reports.

http://www.isp.state.id.us/sor_id/map_search.htm

They are doing a news conference right now. The officer says they don't believe there actually was a party.

I heard there was going to be a news conference, but didn't hear when. Thanks for letting us know!!! Are you watching it locally or online? Keep us updated on it if you can! I'm at work and can't watch either way.

I don't think Idaho has any specific other alerts, but I'm pretty sure they use the CANS Missing Endangered Alert nation wide. Some sort of alert should be issued. They always wait so long to issue a CANS, and I just don't get it. Lindsey Baum's was 3 days after she was missing. Adji Desir's was 5 days later. I'm not sure of the exact criteria for a CANS, but in my opinion, the second the AMBER Alert request was denied, they should have requested a CANS. He's an 8 year old that hasn't been home in 2 days. I'm pretty sure he qualifies as "missing endangered".

This is what I assumed "party" to mean too. Even if it's a sleep-over though, I think 9:30 is a little late to be starting...and for the parents to not know whos party it is.

Not only ,wondering why the family does not know where the party was going to be but also WHY did they not walk him to that party? I have a 7 year old and 5 year old twins. I don;t even let my 7 year old walk to our mailbox which is just yards away unless I stand at my front door and watch her. It is way too easy for some pedophile to come zooming around the corner at just the right time and grab her into the car before I can get to her. NO WAY. My now grown son and daughter are always teasing me saying they had such a "sheltered" childhood. They couldn;t do "anything". Well it wasn;t they couldn;t do anything or go anywhere. It was just we had rules. If they were going out with someone or to a party or sleepover I had to know where that house was, if parents were going to be home, speak to the parents and have them call every hour to check in. SO while that may have been sheltered, thank God they are alive and well. Now I just pray that I can keep my three little ones safe and sound by following these same rules.

I pray for this baby;s safe return. Why does this keep happening? Oh yeah because these pedophiles (If this turns out to be the case) have nothing to worry about.

UPDATE: "No good leads" in boy's disappearance

Police continue to search for a missing eight-year-old Boise boy - and say they have no good leads into his disappearance.

[snip]

Helicopters from the Idaho National Guard have also joined in on the search, and are hovering over the area where he went missing - near Vista Ave. and Cherry Lane in Boise.

During a Monday morning news conference, police say they have received a number of leads - but nothing concrete that tells them where the boy may be.

The child’s family thanked the community for the response they’ve received, and for the large-scale search response.

"It's tough. It really is tough, this is very difficult to go through as a family," said Trish Burrill, who is Robert's aunt.

Police say this is one of the most important cases they’ve covered in a while – but despite the intense effort, they have so far come up empty.

More: http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-jul2709-missing_boy.76b69882.html

They are doing a news conference right now. The officer says they don't believe there actually was a party.

I find the mention of a party kind of disturbing. Could it be that someone in the neighborhood told him there was a party on Friday and he snuck off to go there?

I do hope they check the neighborhood SO's.

Why are the parents ruled out already?? Sorry if I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth