FL FL - Kyla Porter, 19, Pasco County, 15 Feb 2008

Sleuthster

Verified - friend of Wendy Huggy
Reaction score
Website
cynthiaparrott.blogspot.com
http://www.pascosheriff.com/webapps/COLDCASE.pgm?TASK=disp&rrn=000000073&rnd=99331

On February 2, 2008, w/f Kyla Porter, 19 y/o at the time of her disappearance, made a call to her sister stating she was on her way home. Kyla was never heard from again. It is unknown where she was at the time of the call. Kyla is 5'4/125 with brown eyes and brown hair. Foul play is suspected.

Kyla's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/kylafreakingporter

Kyla's mom's myspace, now dedicated to finding Kyla

http://www.myspace.com/heyheresmomonmyspacehaha

This hits home, I just moved to Holiday and she disappeared about 2 miles from my house. Interestingly, she has 2 tatoos of stars on her chest. My daughter is obsessed with star tatoo's and has atleast 4 I know of and 1 looks just like Kyla's! Bizzare, maybe same tatoo place I dont know.

Thing is, the tatoo's haunt me as do some of the comments on her myspace right around when she disappeared. Also, LE has her missing as of 2-2-08 but there is a comments from people on 2-8 like they had seen her or gotten messages from her that day.

There is also a blog on mom's myspace that Kylas friends said she had amnesia and thinks she's someone else. Well, here is the thing, if Kyla is alive and I am hoping she is very much, those tattoos are a major identifyer and she should be easy to find. I wonder if anyone has printed posters with the tattoos on them.

Just found this, she was reported missing 2-8-08

http://www.nampn.org/cases/porter_kyla.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: February 8, 2008 from Holiday, Florida
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: October 27, 1988
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Tattoo left and right
breast, tattoo right shoulder and on back Case Number: 08-13138

Details of Disappearance
Kyla was last seen by her sister in the Holiday area on 02/08/08 and has not been seen or heard from since. She may possibly be in the Moon Lake area and has friends in New Port Richey and Palm Harbor.
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Pasco County Sheriff's Office
Det. Lisa Schoneman
727-847-5878, EX: 7473

</B>

Bump**** for Kyla.

I received an email from her Mom today and she is really sad and just wants to know what has happened to her daughter.

Kyla's family is in dire need of assistance. It's been two years and her daughter has not received any media attention nor any newspaper reports. Info MUST get published so that the public may be aware of Kyla's disappearance. At the same time, there is reason to believe that foul play may have occurred. If anyone has any information we beg them to come forward. It's also possible that she may be living on the streets. How she is supported is anyone's guess and any that I can think of are not good. She would not just stop all contact with her family. Kyla is 20 years old today. Her official missing date is February 15, 2008 contrary to what other reports may show.

These are her mother's words and it is heart wrenching:
"she went out one evening and called her sister and told her she would be home to her sisters house who she was living with at the time. She stated that she was with a particular friend and she would be home in about one hour that would have made it about 11 PM. she never showed up and her friend claims that she was never with her that night but did not want anything to do with trying to help me or the investigating detective. Never found any evidence or a body to this day so it just went no where and it just seems like no one even cares."

Here is the direct link to Kyla's banner if you could please post in as many forums, websites, blogs and email as possible. Thank you very much.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg241/LavandaDolce/KylaPorter19MISSINGsince2008Holiday.jpg

KylaPorter19MISSINGsince2008Holiday.jpg

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/95361849.html?storySection=story

Updated: 6:28 PM Jun 1, 2010
Reporter: LostNMissing, Inc
Missing Holiday, Florida Woman: Kyla Porter
REWARD $1,000 for information leading to her safe return.

Information from LostNMissing, Inc.-Kyla Porter, 19, is missing. She was last seen on February 15, 2008 from Holiday, Florida. Her family asks the public to please help with any information possible- they have been searching for Kyla continually over the past two years.

I can't believe I lived two hours away and NEVER heard of this case....even though I was an active member here! How could they not have put this in the media?! Infuriating.

I totally agree!! Thanks to Lavanda for sharing this young girl's story with me!

I googled her name. The first media coverage appeared as the 3rd hit on the second page!! That is unusual for a missing person. It's unfortunate that when you are honest with LEO and mention any past drug use, or prior absences with lack of communication, you lose credibility.. At the same time, the media often ignore cries for help... It's so sad.

I will certainly keep Kyla and her family in my thoughts and praryers...
:rose:

Quoted from: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/31/grace.coldcase.porter/index.html

"The case continues to be treated as open and ongoing, Sessa said, adding that everyone they talked with who might be considered suspicious has an alibi.

Ahrens insists that the alibies checked out only because detectives questioned Kyla's associates based on an incorrect date Ahrens originally gave investigators."

This is a little weird. It seems to me as though it wouldn't be that difficult to re-interview these individuals as soon as the date/time was corrected? I sure hope this does not affect the investigation, though I fear it has.

Of course there is another unfortunate factor here - Every day that passes makes it harder to prove/disprove a POI's alibi.

Ahrens called a friend Kyla said she was with at the party. But Ahrens said the friend told her she had not seen Kyla for weeks, then became irritated and abruptly hung up the phone.

"What irritated me is that someone was lying to me," Ahrens said. "Why would Kyla be lying, or why would [her friend] be lying?"

This is beyond belief. If you are really someone's friend, you SHOULD be doing everything within your means to assist in his/her recovery! Personally, I am a very compassionate person, so even when a stranger goes missing, I always do whatever I can to help out. If it were one of my friends, I would work day and night to find them!

This "friend's" attitude reminds of another case - Brittanee Drexel - missing from Myrtle Beach 4-25-09... She was there with several "friends". Within HOURS of her going missing, several the people she was with, got the hell out of town, back to their home town 800+ miles away, with a quickness... The interview with one of these individuals had to be conducted via phone, and the POI had counsel present. I went off track a little there, my point is - Why do these people "clam up" when someone they know is missing, and not even try to help? Even this "friend's" mother slammed the door (metaphorically) on Kyla's family!!! They abandoned this poor girl's family in a time where they desperately need help. IMO - it's disgusting and heartless! These people should be ashamed of themselves.

"They didn't take me seriously to begin with because she had gone away before," Ahrens said. "They said give it about a week or so and if she hasn't turned up, then we'll do a report."

Bad advice!!! I can only assume by "They" she means LEO... If that is true, it was very unproffesional of that LEO. IMO, the best way to go about filing a missing persons report, is to skip the "front line" of the local police department, and go straight to a detective that would cover a case such as this.

I wonder if she could have called someone else to pick her up. Another friend or family member.
I think it is bizzare that Kayleen would not want to help find her friend. They where supposively very close at one point according to her mom's emails to me. But I just think it is too suspicious that she and her mom would not talk to anyone about Kyla disappearing. In all honestly it is quite possible that she didnt have anything to do with her disapearance and is just scared that she could be implicated if something did happen to Kyla.

She called her sister so one would think that she was looking for a ride home so she may have parted ways with this kayleen by then.

I am glad it is geting alot of publicity now. I hope it helps find her!

Present updates:
Right now we are establishing a reward fund. Then a press release about the reward fund so that we can get media attention. At the same time there is a special show that is in the works that may be featuring her case. We cannot name the show as there are "exclusive rights to promotion" regarding the show but keep prayers it works and comes through as that will be a certain positive! That is the present update.

Does anyone think Kyla's disappearance may be related to that of Stefanie Francique (she's listed here)? It's very interesting to me that neither woman has been found and that it's been mentioned Kyla might be in the Moon Lake area as Stefanie was abducted FROM the Moon Lake area...

Does anyone think Kyla's disappearance may be related to that of Stefanie Francique (she's listed here)? It's very interesting to me that neither woman has been found and that it's been mentioned Kyla might be in the Moon Lake area as Stefanie was abducted FROM the Moon Lake area...

I am not familiar with Stefanie's case but I will certainly look into it. Thanks for the heads up. Hugs, Cyn

I saw her story, too. I hope the best for her and her family.

I saw the show too. Amazing what the kids came up with and I hope the new leads and the search of the house where Kyla was last seen will bring answers for Kyla's family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back