1081 users online (196 members and 885 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SC - Man sentenced to 24 months for murder of Miracle McLean, 2

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/5670699/

I know I started a thread for little Miracle when this first happened but I can't find it. This is why things like this will continue, these monsters can kill innocent babies and get a frickin' slap on the wrist!!!
    Last edited by Kymistry35; 07-28-2009 at 11:38 PM.
    Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/5670699/

I know I started a thread for little Miracle when this first happened but I can'y find it. This is why things like this will continue, these monsters can kill innocent babies and get a frickin' slap on the wrist!!!
    He beat her to death, and this is all he get's!!!

Some convicted drug felon's serve more time!

It seems to me that little lives don't mean much to a lot of people anymore.

Ummm-it could be worse because how long has he already been in prison? Is he going to get credit for time served?

INVOLUNTARY manslaughter-huh?
    "Uh , yeah I know she died of blunt force trauma on my watch and the COD was my fists but it was the aliens/devil/meth inhabiting my body that was actually at fault."

Correct me if I am wrong, but this implies that he did not know that the end result of applying his fists to a two year old would be death? Then he put her in a tub, IIRC? He is a grown man.
    Last edited by believe09; 07-28-2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: mistaken about the facts
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

OK-I cannot let this go.

"He just said he didn't do it, (that) this is a huge misunderstanding," Jones said. "It's kind of hard to talk to him because he's always crying."

This was from an article published on June 9, 2007.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1571585/

Huh. He was denied bond. So either he was taking the fall for the 3 year old...who was the only other person in the house, or he beat this child to death. He was held without bond for this whole time, and then given a slap on the wrist? I am quite confused.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Ummm-it could be worse because how long has he already been in prison? Is he going to get credit for time served?

INVOLUNTARY manslaughter-huh?
    "Uh , yeah I know she died of blunt force trauma on my watch and the COD was my fists but it was the aliens/devil/meth inhabiting my body that was actually at fault."

Correct me if I am wrong, but this implies that he did not know that the end result of applying his fists to a two year old would be death? Then he put her in a tub, IIRC? He is a grown man.
    The article says he's been incarcerated since he was arrested. I pray this murderer at least serves the full 2 years. If he get's time-served credited, I'll flip!

I, too, would like to know if he is getting two years plus time served, or minus.

There is something wrong with people when we punish people more severely for property or drug crimes than the murder of a child.

It really seems like you should at least spend twice as long in prison as that poor kid got to live on earth... 2 years for a life is a joke. Disgusting.

An O/T note - searches for threads work a lot better if the threads have good tags - please take a moment to add tags to threads when they have none, as it makes the site easier to navigate.

How can it be that people get more time for extortion and armed robbery than for killing a defenseless baby ?
    Money seems to matter a lot more than life in our justice system.
    If this judge is elected, someone needs to make sure this is his last term.

Again, another baby murdered by Mom's live in bf.

Anyone see an issue here?

The jury found Byrd guilty of involuntary manslaughter and a judge sentenced him to 20 to 24 months in prison. Byrd, who had been in custody since his arrest in Miracle's death, got credit for time served and was released after the verdict.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/5670699/My comments: so really the trial was just a huge waste of money for the tax payers.
    Had he been aquitted: go home
    Convicted: your good, go home

Why waste everyone's time and effort to go through the motions of a trial?
    And how the hell do they get to involuntary manslaugter? The defendant cries constantly?
    I bet the child he beat to death shed a few tears as well. I guess since we don't have audio of that the jury and judge can just ignore those cries and focus on his. Gag.
    Last edited by impatientredhead; 07-28-2009 at 11:46 PM.

GannyP is offline Proud to be an American, the Government- not so much.
    ERRRRRRRR....... I am sooo angry with our children being worth sooo little to our court system that I could scream! Nothing against animals, but people have recieved longer sentences for animal cruelty than for murdering children! This has to STOP!

Since this child didn't get any justice from the justice dept, let's pray for some good ol' vigilante justice in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
    Since this child didn't get any justice from the justice dept, let's pray for some good ol' vigilante justice in this case.
    I'd bet money that it will not be long before this sob has some woman so thrilled with having him in her life that he will be welcomed into her home and around her kids.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast