SC - Miracle McLean, 2, beaten to death, Spring Lake, 2 July 2007

It seems to me that little lives don't mean much to a lot of people anymore. :(

Ummm-it could be worse because how long has he already been in prison? Is he going to get credit for time served?

INVOLUNTARY manslaughter-huh?
"Uh , yeah I know she died of blunt force trauma on my watch and the COD was my fists but it was the aliens/devil/meth inhabiting my body that was actually at fault."

Correct me if I am wrong, but this implies that he did not know that the end result of applying his fists to a two year old would be death? Then he put her in a tub, IIRC? He is a grown man.

OK-I cannot let this go.

"He just said he didn't do it, (that) this is a huge misunderstanding," Jones said. "It's kind of hard to talk to him because he's always crying."

This was from an article published on June 9, 2007.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1571585/

Huh. He was denied bond. So either he was taking the fall for the 3 year old...who was the only other person in the house, or he beat this child to death. He was held without bond for this whole time, and then given a slap on the wrist? I am quite confused.

Ummm-it could be worse because how long has he already been in prison? Is he going to get credit for time served?

INVOLUNTARY manslaughter-huh?
"Uh , yeah I know she died of blunt force trauma on my watch and the COD was my fists but it was the aliens/devil/meth inhabiting my body that was actually at fault."

Correct me if I am wrong, but this implies that he did not know that the end result of applying his fists to a two year old would be death? Then he put her in a tub, IIRC? He is a grown man.

The article says he's been incarcerated since he was arrested. I pray this murderer at least serves the full 2 years. If he get's time-served credited, I'll flip!

I, too, would like to know if he is getting two years plus time served, or minus.

There is something wrong with people when we punish people more severely for property or drug crimes than the murder of a child.

It really seems like you should at least spend twice as long in prison as that poor kid got to live on earth... 2 years for a life is a joke. Disgusting.

An O/T note - searches for threads work a lot better if the threads have good tags - please take a moment to add tags to threads when they have none, as it makes the site easier to navigate.

How can it be that people get more time for extortion and armed robbery than for killing a defenseless baby ?
Money seems to matter a lot more than life in our justice system.
If this judge is elected, someone needs to make sure this is his last term.

Again, another baby murdered by Mom's live in bf.

Anyone see an issue here?

The jury found Byrd guilty of involuntary manslaughter and a judge sentenced him to 20 to 24 months in prison. Byrd, who had been in custody since his arrest in Miracle's death, got credit for time served and was released after the verdict.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/5670699/My comments: so really the trial was just a huge waste of money for the tax payers.
Had he been aquitted: go home
Convicted: your good, go home

Why waste everyone's time and effort to go through the motions of a trial?
And how the hell do they get to involuntary manslaugter? The defendant cries constantly?
I bet the child he beat to death shed a few tears as well. I guess since we don't have audio of that the jury and judge can just ignore those cries and focus on his. Gag.

:furious: ERRRRRRRR....... I am sooo angry with our children being worth sooo little to our court system that I could scream! Nothing against animals, but people have recieved longer sentences for animal cruelty than for murdering children! This has to STOP!:furious:

Since this child didn't get any justice from the justice dept, let's pray for some good ol' vigilante justice in this case.

Since this child didn't get any justice from the justice dept, let's pray for some good ol' vigilante justice in this case.

I'd bet money that it will not be long before this sob has some woman so thrilled with having him in her life that he will be welcomed into her home and around her kids.

VB

I'd bet money that it will not be long before this sob has some woman so thrilled with having him in her life that he will be welcomed into her home and around her kids.

VB

I wouldn't be surprised to see the victim's mother welcome him back into the house, have a kid with him, the usual.

The jury found Byrd guilty of involuntary manslaughter and a judge sentenced him to 20 to 24 months in prison. Byrd, who had been in custody since his arrest in Miracle's death, got credit for time served and was released after the verdict.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/5670699/My comments: so really the trial was just a huge waste of money for the tax payers.
Had he been aquitted: go home
Convicted: your good, go home

Why waste everyone's time and effort to go through the motions of a trial?
And how the hell do they get to involuntary manslaugter? The defendant cries constantly?
I bet the child he beat to death shed a few tears as well. I guess since we don't have audio of that the jury and judge can just ignore those cries and focus on his. Gag.

He was released after the verdict? He killed an innocent child, and he's free to go?

I feel sick.

He was released after the verdict? He killed an innocent child, and he's free to go?

I feel sick.

Byrd has lived with Miracle's mother, Sheteka McDougald, for more than a year, according to family members.
Christine McDougald, Sheteka McDougald's mother, said she believes Byrd is innocent. He would never have intentionally hurt Miracle or her 3-year-old sister, Zahane, she said.
"He treated them like his kids. That's what he said, 'These are my kids,' and he loved them," Christine McDougald said. "In my heart, I don't believe that (he killed her). Accidents happen, and nobody was there (at the home) but them."

bbm- that right there is part of the reason he got such a handslap. If the family of this little girl says they believe it was an accident (don't let the facts get in the way) it is going to be difficult to get a jury to come back with first degree murder.

It is pathetic. Her entire life was barely longer than the time he waited for his trial and then walked away to live the rest of his life.

Good grief, where was the investigation in this case? Did they let this guy just plead out on a deal? I know the prisons are crowded, but child murderers are not the ones to go easy on.

I have to say, as a mother, if someone ever killed my son, heaven forbid, even if it was an accident, I would still have a hard time ever seeing him again, let alone under any circumstance remotely close to this.

But, then, that person doesn't seem to be any sort of a real mother. They noted injuries on the baby likely inflicted by her, as well. Anyone know if she has ever been charged with anything?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back