TX TX - Doris McIntosh, 78, Carthage, 24 July 2009

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.news-journal.com/news/content/news/stories/2009/07/27/07272009_missing_woman.html

27 July 09

Authorities in Panola County are searching for a woman last seen Friday night leaving a hospital in Carthage.

Doris McIntosh, 78, was driving a gold 1997 Ford Expedition with tinted windows when last seen, according to a statement from the Panola County Sheriff's Office.

She was leaving East Texas Medical Center in Carthage, where her husband was being treated.

A sheriff's dispatcher said Sunday that authorities suspect McIntosh is suffering early symptoms of Alzheimer's disease.

McIntosh is 5 feet, 6 inches tall and has blond/gray hair. Anyone with information can call the sheriff's department at (903) 693-0333.

no pic at link

I have never done this before but thought I would put this out here. If this isn't where this goes please move... This is in my town Carthage Tx.

http://www.ktbs.com/news/search-on-for-missing-panola-county-woman/

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 6:22 PM

Authorities in East Texas are looking for an elderly woman who was last seen leaving a Carthage hospital over the weekend.

Doris McIntosh, 78, of Panola County, Texas, was last seen by family members as they left East Texas Medical Center on Friday night.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=10811074&nav=0RY5

29 July 09

Her 1997 gold Ford Expedition was found this morning at an oil well site in Panola County.

more at link (although it's a poorly written story)

pic
10811074_BG1.jpg

http://www.panolawatchman.com/defau...ame=&pform=&sc=2100&hn=panolawatchman&he=.com

Family, friends still hope for safe return of missing woman

The organized search for Doris McIntosh ended Monday, August 3, 2009 although the Panola County Sheriff’s Office will continue to take calls from anyone who might lead them to her.

McIntosh has been missing since Saturday morning after stopping and asking for directions from a resident in the Del Ray community. Residents at the house gave her directions and told law enforcement personnel that she was disoriented. . . .

Foul play is not suspected at this time.

. . .

McIntosh’s Expedition was found Tuesday on County Road 173 stuck in the mud at a well location. A search of the vehicle showed that the keys and her purse were missing. She walked away from the vehicle and disappeared.

. . .

Bobbie, thank you for the update.

The second article says her Expedition was found stuck in the mud at a well location. Her keys and purse were gone from the car.

What has the weather there been like (since you are local) since she has been missing? TIA.

I looked up a google map of County Road 173 In Panola County, that's pretty isolated. I really don't see very many homes near that road. The route I pulled up has her crossing over Lake Murvual. She could have taken another route though.

I reread the article and it states she lives in the Lake Murvual area. I don't understand why she would have pulled onto County Road 173 unless she has overshot a turn and wanted to turn around. She's out there somewhere.

I'd like to see the article that outlines the searches already done for her.

I hope she is found soon.

However, if anyone has any information that will lead to bringing McIntosh home, family and friends urge them to call the Sheriff’s office at 903-693-0333.

Bobbie, thank you for the update.

The second article says her Expedition was found stuck in the mud at a well location. Her keys and purse were gone from the car.

What has the weather there been like (since you are local) since she has been missing? TIA.

I looked up a google map of County Road 173 In Panola County, that's pretty isolated. I really don't see very many homes near that road. The route I pulled up has her crossing over Lake Murvual. She could have taken another route though.

I reread the article and it states she lives in the Lake Murvual area. I don't understand why she would have pulled onto County Road 173 unless she has overshot a turn and wanted to turn around. She's out there somewhere.

I'd like to see the article that outlines the searches already done for her.

I hope she is found soon.

Kat yes her car was stuck in the mud. I've heard from people that I work with that live out at the lake that her hand prints were all down the side of the car like she was trying to feel her way out. They brought the dogs in to track her scent and it just dissapears like possibly getting in a car with someone. She always wore alot of flashy jewelry so that could be easily seen by someone that could have picked her up and would want to rob her or something.
The weather that weekend that she disappeared was rainy. We had storms that friday night and saturday that weekend. Otherwise this week it's been hot hot hot... We did have a storm blow in last night but not much rain with it just alot of thundering and booming and high winds.
The people that said she stopped to ask for directions are saying that they could tell she was disorientated and that they had to turn her car around for her to head her in the right direction to her home at the lake. When she left she took a different turn than what they told her. I couldn't sleep at night knowing that I could've have done something right then especially knowing that she was not in the right state of mind at that moment.
The oil locations they are every where here. And most are very muddy especially with all the rain that we had the week of her disappearing. And the woods alot of woods. We are in the part of texas they call the piney woods. They are everywhere.
I will have to see on more articles. There really hasn't been a whole lot. I know that they had a few searchers out there but most of them have been the volunteer fire depts all in this area, they did use search dogs and cadaver dogs. They had helicopters in here searching and horses and 4 wheelers. They state they believe she is no longer in the area.

However, if anyone has any information that will lead to bringing McIntosh home, family and friends urge them to call the Sheriff’s office at 903-693-0333.

Thanks arielilane. I take it you live in the area?

It was her husband that is in the hospital. He has alzheimers.

I know about her friends letting her leave.. Man I could not live with myself if I did that. No doubt in my mind stranger or not someone was like that when they showed up at my house asking for directions I would've made them stay there, take their keys from them and call the police.

It was her husband that is in the hospital. He has alzheimers.

I know about her friends letting her leave.. Man I could not live with myself if I did that. No doubt in my mind stranger or not someone was like that when they showed up at my house asking for directions I would've made them stay there, take their keys from them and call the police.

In looking for info about Doris, there was an article posted on July 31 reporting that she had the beginning symptoms of alzheimers too.

http://www.news-journal.com/news/content/news/stories/2009/07/31/07312009_Missing_Woman_.html

That might explain the disorientation? I hope she is found soon.

Thanks arielilane. I take it you live in the area?

Hi BobbieBu,

No, I don't live in that area. I posted the contact number from a Web site that you or someone else posted. I did that because a lot of folks don't read links.

I wonder if she had a cellphone with her?
Keep us posted. I'm hoping for some good news.

Family offers reward for information leading to discovery of missing woman
8-11-2009-3-34-45-PM-4255731.jpg

The family of missing Doris McIntosh is now offering a $2,000 reward for any information that leads the family to her.
If anyone has any information that will lead to bringing McIntosh home, family and friends urge them to call the Sheriff’s office at
903-693-0333.
http://www.panolawatchman.com/defau...ame=&pform=&sc=2100&hn=panolawatchman&he=.com

Bumping for Doris! Nothing has been reported on her lately. The search is over and she's no where to be found. I am now seeing signs on the side of the roads with her name and picture on them and the flyers in the store windows. But that's it on her disappearance.

A Panola County woman has been missing since Saturday, July 25th. She is Doris McIntosh, 78 years old, 5' 6", 120 lbs and blonde/grey hair.

Mrs. McIntosh was last seen at a local residence asking for directions late Friday, July 24, 2009. Her vehicle was found abandoned on a drilling location off CR 173 on July 28, 2009.

There is a $2000 reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Mrs. McIntosh. If you have any information please call Panola County Sheriff's office at 903-693-0333.
http://shelbycountytoday.com/sctNewsspecial.php#el

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/beckville-tx/T5QVV0B8TSPPH1B46#lastPost

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77