GUILTY MA - Darlene Haynes, 23, slain, fetus cut from womb, Worcester, 23 July 2009

Woman killed, fetus cut from body

(CNN) -- Police are searching for someone who killed a woman in her Massachusetts apartment and cut an 8-month-old fetus from her body.

Officers found Darlene Haynes dead after neighbors complained about a stench coming from her Worcester apartment.

The 23-year-old was found in the closet of a bedroom, wrapped in bedding, according to authorities. She was last seen on Thursday, police said.

Haynes had been dead for several days, police said. During an autopsy, police learned that a fetus had been removed from the woman's body.

More at link...
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/29/massachusetts.fetus/index.html

Bet police are looking for the friend who stopped by for the wine coolers.

The news gets sicker by the day. Sounds like something from a horror movie. I hope the person that did this gets caught. So sad for this mother and I guess its unknown if the baby survived.

I'm running out of ways to express my disgust at the things I read about daily.

Ugh! The people who do this are sick, twisted, and disgusting!!

Pregnant women beware!

I hope the baby survived.
Clearly LE need to check hospitals to see if anyone brought in a 'newborn'.
In all likelihood this was committed by a woman who has told her BF or husband she was pregnant & needed to "have" the imaginary baby ASAP!
So sick & sad! :(:

ho many days was she there dead? no one missed her? Where's the baby daddy??

She also has a one year old, who is safe with relatives.
http://www.examiner.com/x-15948-Hom...-Mom-killed-eightmonthold-fetus-cut-from-womb

According to court records, Ms. Haynes has a daughter who will be 2 years old in November. Ms. Haynes' landlord, William Thompson, said he believed Ms. Haynes took the child to Roberto C. Rodriguez, Ms. Haynes' boyfriend, on Thursday.

Ms. Haynes had an active restraining order against Mr. Rodriguez, according to records on file in Central District Court. The issuance of the restraining order stemmed from an alleged assault on June 24.

According to a criminal file, Mr. Rodriguez allegedly pushed Ms. Haynes into a glass table, cutting her arm. In the report, she called Mr. Rodriguez her boyfriend of several years, and told police she was seven months pregnant at the time. ......

He was released on personal recognizance and his case was continued to tomorrow. He was ordered to obey the restraining order, have no contact with the woman and not abuse her.

Court records also show Mr. Rodriguez was charged in early 2008 with striking Ms. Haynes. He was arraigned in Central District Court on an assault and battery charge, which was continued without a finding on July 2, 2008. The continuance without a finding ended June 23, according to court records.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20090729/NEWS/907290408/1116

I've read several articles and don't see any mention of the friend and the wine coolers? The boston herald has a good article. Steve Huff at the true crime report has a post up with a link to mom's myspace. I can't post links from my bberry and my pc is broken. :(

Anyone else remember when we had a rash of these crimes? I can't remember the year.

I agree VespaElf. Most of these crimes that I have read about are commited women that have faked a pregnancy and are in need of producing a baby~ pronto. LE's best bet if this is the case is that someone will come forward with a story about a woman who supposedly recently delivered but the story of the delivery doesn't quite jibe.

Of course they have to clear the Father of the baby first. Not saying he had anything to do with it, just saying they have to clear him.

As for the wine cooler(s). I'm old school and I don't see a problem with a woman having a wine cooler or even a one glass of wine with dinner...once in a great while...during her third trimester. Only during the last trimester though. And again, only a very very mild drink like a cooler or a very small glass of wine with dinner. But that's just me.

The baby would have been Haynes' fourth daughter. She left behind Jasmine, 5, and Lilli, 3, who were being raised by Haynes' grandmother, and Christina, 1, who Haynes had custody of.

While the police have not yet named a suspect in the murder, Grandmaison said Darlene Haynes had problems with two men, her ex-boyfriend Roberto Rodriquez and her landlord William Thompson, who discovered her body. ....

Grandmaison said Thompson would sometimes let himself into her apartment unannounced. "He was just literally harrassing her," she said.

Grandmaison described Haynes' as a loving mother who was friendly to strangers, and said she was severely developmentally disabled as a result of abuse as a young child.

Grandmaison estimated that Haynes' functioned as a 12 or 13-year-old would and had a hard time holding down a job. She loved her children...

(Maybe her baby was taken in attempts to hide who the father was, not to steal a baby)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8201108&page=1

She also has a one year old, who is safe with relatives.
http://www.examiner.com/x-15948-Hom...-Mom-killed-eightmonthold-fetus-cut-from-womb

According to court records, Ms. Haynes has a daughter who will be 2 years old in November. Ms. Haynes' landlord, William Thompson, said he believed Ms. Haynes took the child to Roberto C. Rodriguez, Ms. Haynes' boyfriend, on Thursday.

Ms. Haynes had an active restraining order against Mr. Rodriguez, according to records on file in Central District Court. The issuance of the restraining order stemmed from an alleged assault on June 24.

According to a criminal file, Mr. Rodriguez allegedly pushed Ms. Haynes into a glass table, cutting her arm. In the report, she called Mr. Rodriguez her boyfriend of several years, and told police she was seven months pregnant at the time. ......

He was released on personal recognizance and his case was continued to tomorrow. He was ordered to obey the restraining order, have no contact with the woman and not abuse her.

Court records also show Mr. Rodriguez was charged in early 2008 with striking Ms. Haynes. He was arraigned in Central District Court on an assault and battery charge, which was continued without a finding on July 2, 2008. The continuance without a finding ended June 23, according to court records.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20090729/NEWS/907290408/1116

Mr. Rodriguez allegedly pulled the telephone cord out of the wall so she could not call police, she said. Ms. Haynes also said in the affidavit in support of a restraining order that Mr. Rodriguez grabbed her by the throat and slapped her during the alleged assault. A warrant was issued at the time for Mr. Rodriguez, according to court records, and he was arraigned June 29 on charges of aggravated assault and battery and intimidation of a witness.

Mr. Rodriguez moved out of the Southgate Street apartment that he shared with Ms. Haynes about a month ago, according to the landlord.

Court records list Mr. Rodriguez as the father of Ms. Haynes' daughter

Hmmmm... so the boyfriend, whom she had a restraining order against knew that the daughter wouldn't be home, and if he wanted to hurt his girlfriend but not the child... just doing some speculating.

When I was pregnant, my mum was really paranoid about these types of crimes. They are pretty horrific, so I can see why they got stuck in her brain.

Sympathy to the family, especially the little one year old, and I hope for the best for the stolen baby.

I've read several articles and don't see any mention of the friend and the wine coolers? The boston herald has a good article. Steve Huff at the true crime report has a post up with a link to mom's myspace. I can't post links from my bberry and my pc is broken. :(

Hi Suzi here is the mention I saw:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/29/massachusetts.fetus/index.html

(Cleo had posted the link)

...A friend of Haynes told CNN affiliate WHDH that she had received a text message from Haynes at 11:20 p.m. Thursday that said she was having wine coolers with a friend at her apartment. That was the last she heard from her.

Hope that helps :)

It's in the first link on this thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back