816 users online (107 members and 709 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Gloria Marmolejo, 54, El Paso, 25 July 2009

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/20208122/detail.html

28 July 09

El Paso police need your help in finding a missing woman.

Gloria Marmolejo’s family called KFOX and said their sister went missing late Saturday evening.

Her family said she had just returned from Phoenix, when she went to the store and never returned.

Her family remains worried, hoping someone will know something about Gloria's disappearance.

Mark Huerta, Gloria’s brother, said, "She never travels to Juarez, she doesn't have a passport, she doesn’t have any kind of contact with anybody over there. So for her not to be in contact or for us not to know what’s going on it’s shocking and flabbergasting to us."

Anyone with information is asked to call 911 immediately.

pic
    Last edited by Salem; 04-15-2011 at 01:22 AM.
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

The El Paso Times is reporting that a body of a woman has been found in Santa Theresa New Mexico. May or may not be her but doesn't look good.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_12966400

Hope for the families sake it isn't her.
    "What though the radiance which was once so bright, be now forever taken from my sight. Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower: we will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind." William Wordsworth

I'm praying for this family. For those unfamiliar with the area in question, it's more or less 10-15 miles from El Paso.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2009/08/02/4303646.htm

[August 02, 2009]

Police yet to identify body of woman found in Santa Teresa desert

...The body of a woman found... still had not been identified late Saturday, prolonging the agony of an El Paso family... praying that the woman is not their missing loved one...

...Dr. Paul Shrode, county medical examiner, said results of the autopsy, which began Saturday, might not be available until Monday...

...Police have said they suspect foul play in the death of the woman, who matches the description of Gloria Huerta Marmolejo...
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

I've been listening to the local news Kfox. Gloria has not yet been found and the woman in the desert has not been identified.

I continue to hold hope for her family.

Another woman is missing as well. Judith Elizabeth Flores.

It hasn't been reported as connected but it was reported along with Gloria's story.

Prayers for both women. I will start a thread for Judith.

ETA: Again it hasn't been stated as connected but here is Judith's thread: TX(NM)-Judith Elizabeth Flores,20,LC or EP,07/25/09 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 05-16-2015 at 10:44 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

The lady found in the desert has been identified as Miss Gloria

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_12985015

May she rest in peace.

I just read about this as well, very sad especially for this family to loose this grandmother of nine. May she rest in speed and to the family God speed.
    "What though the radiance which was once so bright, be now forever taken from my sight. Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower: we will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind." William Wordsworth

aww...I'm so sorry to hear this.

Rest in Peace Gloria. Prayers for your family and friends. May justice be swift for your murder and may peace come to your loved one's hearts.

Sorry it's been a couple of years since I've been there. Is Santa Theresa where the smelly dairy is or the waterpark?

Quote Originally Posted by cassiusleuth View Post
    Sorry it's been a couple of years since I've been there. Is Santa Theresa where the smelly dairy is or the waterpark?
    Off Topic:

I think the dairy is between EP and LC, not Santa Teresa, but I am new to this area (two weeks now).

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_129945...ce=most_viewed

Posted: 08/05/2009 12:00:00 AM MDT

Family in agony over woman's slaying
    'She lived such a beautiful life'
    The shock, the anger, the confusion

...The 54-year-old grandmother of nine went missing July 25, hours after returning to El Paso from an almost 5-month vacation in Phoenix. She had been visiting her son Manny Marmolejo, his wife, Jennifer, and their four children...

...About 5 p.m., Gloria arrived at her home in the cul-de-sac of Sonoma Place off Montwood Drive on the East Side. Her son David Marmolejo, who lived with her, helped her unload her luggage and then left the house.

Gloria Marmolejo then talked to her mother on the telephone, Huerta said...

...Neither Gloria Marmolejo's mother nor her family heard from her again. Soon after, her vehicle was found a few blocks from her home...

...David Marmolejo said he would never forget how his mother helped him through his leg amputation...

Bumping this back up, more info has been released. Wonder if the bag over the head leans towards familiar abduction???

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_131739...ce=most_viewed

Thanks for the bump Missy. I had missed that article.

I haven't seen it in print (heard this on the local news) but either her car or her body itself was found close to the track behind a school she used to walk on a regular basis when she was in town. It was considered a routine for her to go and walk that track.

However, she had just returned from visiting with one of her children, a lengthy visit.

My first impression has been that whoever abducted Gloria and did this to her knew her. JMHO.

http://www.kdbc.com/Global/story.asp...&nav=menu608_2

The autopsy report for anyone who wishes to read.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast