GUILTY TX - Gloria Marmolejo, 54, El Paso, 25 July 2009

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/20208122/detail.html

28 July 09

El Paso police need your help in finding a missing woman.

Gloria Marmolejo’s family called KFOX and said their sister went missing late Saturday evening.

Her family said she had just returned from Phoenix, when she went to the store and never returned.

Her family remains worried, hoping someone will know something about Gloria's disappearance.

Mark Huerta, Gloria’s brother, said, "She never travels to Juarez, she doesn't have a passport, she doesn’t have any kind of contact with anybody over there. So for her not to be in contact or for us not to know what’s going on it’s shocking and flabbergasting to us."

Anyone with information is asked to call 911 immediately.

pic
20208466_240X135.jpg

I'm praying for this family. For those unfamiliar with the area in question, it's more or less 10-15 miles from El Paso.

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2009/08/02/4303646.htm

[August 02, 2009]

Police yet to identify body of woman found in Santa Teresa desert

...The body of a woman found... still had not been identified late Saturday, prolonging the agony of an El Paso family... praying that the woman is not their missing loved one...

...Dr. Paul Shrode, county medical examiner, said results of the autopsy, which began Saturday, might not be available until Monday...

...Police have said they suspect foul play in the death of the woman, who matches the description of Gloria Huerta Marmolejo...

I've been listening to the local news Kfox. Gloria has not yet been found and the woman in the desert has not been identified.

I continue to hold hope for her family.

Another woman is missing as well. Judith Elizabeth Flores.

It hasn't been reported as connected but it was reported along with Gloria's story.

Prayers for both women. I will start a thread for Judith.

ETA: Again it hasn't been stated as connected but here is Judith's thread: TX(NM)-Judith Elizabeth Flores,20,LC or EP,07/25/09 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I just read about this as well, very sad especially for this family to loose this grandmother of nine. May she rest in speed and to the family God speed.

aww...I'm so sorry to hear this.

Rest in Peace Gloria. Prayers for your family and friends. May justice be swift for your murder and may peace come to your loved one's hearts.

Sorry it's been a couple of years since I've been there. Is Santa Theresa where the smelly dairy is or the waterpark?

Sorry it's been a couple of years since I've been there. Is Santa Theresa where the smelly dairy is or the waterpark?

Off Topic:

I think the dairy is between EP and LC, not Santa Teresa, but I am new to this area (two weeks now).

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_12994514?source=most_viewed

Posted: 08/05/2009 12:00:00 AM MDT

Family in agony over woman's slaying
'She lived such a beautiful life'
The shock, the anger, the confusion

...The 54-year-old grandmother of nine went missing July 25, hours after returning to El Paso from an almost 5-month vacation in Phoenix. She had been visiting her son Manny Marmolejo, his wife, Jennifer, and their four children...

...About 5 p.m., Gloria arrived at her home in the cul-de-sac of Sonoma Place off Montwood Drive on the East Side. Her son David Marmolejo, who lived with her, helped her unload her luggage and then left the house.

Gloria Marmolejo then talked to her mother on the telephone, Huerta said...

...Neither Gloria Marmolejo's mother nor her family heard from her again. Soon after, her vehicle was found a few blocks from her home...

...David Marmolejo said he would never forget how his mother helped him through his leg amputation...

Thanks for the bump Missy. I had missed that article.

I haven't seen it in print (heard this on the local news) but either her car or her body itself was found close to the track behind a school she used to walk on a regular basis when she was in town. It was considered a routine for her to go and walk that track.

However, she had just returned from visiting with one of her children, a lengthy visit.

My first impression has been that whoever abducted Gloria and did this to her knew her. JMHO.

Missy, I didn't want to say here that I had thought that he should be looked at since he was the last person known to have seen her.

It appears the LE already had that covered.

I wonder what his motive could have possibly have been? And the bag on her foot was odd considering the relationship of the victim to the murderer.

Shame on him. May justice for Gloria be swift for her other children that whose raw grief is opened again like a wound.

Some updates from labor day weekend that weren't posted to this thread. If I post duplicates please ignore.

http://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=11081402&nav=AbC0
Updated: Sep 5, 2009 11:32 PM MDT

...Gloria's body was found with brown paper bags on her hands and on her left foot, but as of Saturday morning police have not said whether they put those on to preserve evidence or if she was found that way.

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/20751069/detail.html
Updated: 8:58 pm MDT September 5, 2009

Psychologist Offers Insight On Parent Killings

..But KFOX asked licensed clinical psychologist Dr. Garry Feldman what could compel someone to turn on their parents?

"A lot of times people are frustrated with their relationships in the rest of the world," said Feldman. "And who do you take it out on most? At home."

But he said offspring actually killing their parents is a relatively rare occurrence. He said the crime is usually triggered from a sense of disappointment or rejection combined with extreme desperation, rage or fear.

"Not getting the parental support the child was used to when they were younger, like getting bailed out of trouble," said Feldman. "Sometimes the parents take a tough love stance."

Feldman said usually there's a history of strained family dynamics that are typically kept secret from outsiders...

Lord Missy. God bless her other children. This has got to be horrendous for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back