View Poll Results: Will this case ever be formally solved?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - someone will have a eureka moment and spot a smoking gun

7 8.43%
  • Yes - someone will have a moment of conscience and confess all they know

9 10.84%
  • No - 'the rice is cooked' and our grandchildren will be discussing the case

47 56.63%
  • No because it's hard formally to pin a crime on a dead person

20 24.10%
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Poll: Will this case ever be solved?

I know this has been done before but it's always worth updating opinions, especially since the case is apparently being reviewed in Boulder.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sophie For This Useful Post:

I don't believe this crime will be solved..Cause at times I really think John Ramsey did kill JB..And as long everybody point the finger at Patsy Ramsey the real killer(s)as nothing to worry about..And if the R's lawyers have ties with the DA office then that is other block..
    Knowledge of time is precious.Wisdom of truth is more precious than time..Opinions I write are mine..

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravyn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    I don't believe this crime will be solved..Cause at times I really think John Ramsey did kill JB..And as long everybody point the finger at Patsy Ramsey the real killer(s)as nothing to worry about..And if the R's lawyers have ties with the DA office then that is other block..
    You're right, Ravyn: if JDI, then the PDI faction is manna from heaven to him.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sophie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    You're right, Ravyn: if JDI, then the PDI faction is manna from heaven to him.
    would you consider the crime solved if JB unknown DNA were to match Amy's rapist (if they did do a rape exam on Amy)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to voynich For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by voynich View Post
    would you consider the crime solved if JB unknown DNA were to match Amy's rapist (if they did do a rape exam on Amy)
    Well, I can't believe that the Amy rapist DNA wasn't put on CODIS so it's highly hypothetical but:

1) If the rapist spoke excellent English and could have written the RN or at least had the education to duplicate pseudo-RN notes; and

2) Could be placed in Boulder that night

then there'd be a pretty strong case for saying the case was solved.

However, given that the RN indicates that the murderer knew the Ramseys, you'd have to look for the Amy rapist connection to the Ramseys then make sure you could eliminate the possibility of innocent transfer of the DNA. So formally saying you'd solved the case wouldn't be as simple as just matching the DNA.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sophie For This Useful Post:

Well, I can't believe that the Amy rapist DNA wasn't put on CODIS so it's highly hypothetical but:

1) If the rapist spoke excellent English and could have written the RN or at least had the education to duplicate pseudo-RN notes; and

then there'd be a pretty strong case for saying the case was solved.

However, given that the RN indicates that the murderer knew the Ramseys, you'd have to look for the Amy rapist connection to the Ramseys then make sure you could eliminate the possibility of innocent transfer of the DNA. So formally saying you'd solved the case wouldn't be as simple as just matching the DNA.
    I don't know if they recovered DNA from Amy that night, is it possible to learn more via FOIA request?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to voynich For This Useful Post:

Uh, who says JBR's RN author speaks 'excellent' English? You've no idea how the RN author speaks anyway. The RN is written.

It seems to me that the RN composition is only average, and the spelling and handwriting are below average. Certainly not 'excellent'.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Holdontoyourhat For This Useful Post:

I would believe this to be solved if the LE proved it..But look how long it's been so I'm doubtful it's Amy's rapist..
    Knowledge of time is precious.Wisdom of truth is more precious than time..Opinions I write are mine..

No,that wouldn't be enough for me,not in THIS case.

No - 'the rice is cooked' and our grandchildren will be discussing the case

Even IF this will ever go to trial (and I mean RDI) it will probably go like this:

DERSHOWITZ: And that's a fair answer, but under your analysis you couldn't arrest John Ramsey and you could only arrest Patsy Ramsey for accidentally causing a death, because I think any criminal lawyer will tell you that if either the death caused -- either the accident caused the death of JonBenet or she reasonably thought it caused the death of JonBenet, whatever she did thereafter could be only be an obstruction of justice. But it wouldn't turn an accident into a murder.

VAN SUSTEREN: And...

THOMAS: Let me respond, Greta, if I could please, just real quickly.

Mr. Dershowitz, you're not getting an argument from me. I lay out that I don't think the father's involved. And as I've said before, I think this was an accidental death, which by definition lacked motive.

I'm not suggesting a first-degree murder charge here.

DERSHOWITZ: Not even a murder charge. Probably at most a negligent homicide charge.

THOMPSON: How about manslaughter, Alan? Are we just forgetting manslaughter?

DERSHOWITZ: Well, manslaughter...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...04/lkl.00.html

It will be very hard to prove especially since PR is dead.
    Last edited by madeleine; 07-30-2009 at 06:20 AM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:

Lawyers will spin it and spin it and I don't see a conviction being possible,ever,not without a R confessing.

yes, someday I believe someone (brother? he was in house & awake) will break and tell what they know when John R. dies...............IMO
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

22. The Following User Says Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Not the only fat cat around and we had and we had a group of individuals calling themselves the Rat Pack...

S.B.T.C. Saved By The Cross along with W.W.J.D What Would Jesus Do..

Beheaded sorry anyone that reads the Bible would know about John the Baptist..

And no one can't say the Ramsey's didn't read so any of this RN can come anywhere...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravyn For This Useful Post:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences[/ame]
    Compounds and hyphens

British English often prefers hyphenated compounds, such as counter-attack, whereas American English discourages the use of hyphens in compounds where there is no compelling reason, so [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterattack"]counterattack[/ame] is much more common.

Heyya Hotyh?

counter-measures? br?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast