1287 users online (235 members and 1052 guests)  

Websleuths News

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!

Officials: Gov't To Suspend 'Cash For Clunkers'

Congressional officials say the government plans to suspend the popular "cash for clunkers" program amid concerns it could quickly use up the $1 billion in rebates for new car purchases.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/cash.for....2.1108660.html
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

I looked into this program and found out my old car was just over the mileage requirement.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Oh bummer. I started a thread in the Jury Room about what a great program this is.LOL

WHEW! We just made it! We picked up our new 2009 JEEP Compass 4X4 last night at 5:30. We spent a lot more than we'd originally planned because there was very little left on the lot(s). It was still one heckuva deal! The dealership only "allows" 5 car deliveries per day--they hit 14 yesterday! What a great problem to have. I admit, I doubted Chrysler/JEEP was going to be able to reorganize and leave bankruptcy, but now I don't doubt it. It's time to reopen the plants. Dealers are hiding the most popular vehicles in their inventory so they can sell them at a profit rather than ship them to another dealership at cost. If you go to a lot, look in the back of the lot, employee parking, and over by the garage.

I am incredibly bummed-this was the only way I was going to be able to replace "Hannah" this year! (Hannah=low mileage 1998 Nissan Pathfinder that EATS gasoline, lol...kids named her.)
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Latest news: The program is secure through Friday evening. Over the weekend they will re-evaluate where they are. The Obama administration is trying to find another 2 billion in funding so that the program can continue.

On another note: The dealer we used is continuing to sell through the program and figures if/when the money runs out, he will just take the hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    Latest news: The program is secure through Friday evening. Over the weekend they will re-evaluate where they are. The Obama administration is trying to find another 2 billion in funding so that the program can continue.

On another note: The dealer we used is continuing to sell through the program and figures if/when the money runs out, he will just take the hit.
    Wonder how fast I can get to PA, lol...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post

Latest:

Program is good through the weekend + Congress is going to throw another 2 billion dollars, of our money, into the pot.

Great. Just another few billion here and there. No problem. We can just add it to the healthcare tab.

It kills me how excited everyone is about this, as if "the government" paying for it means something other than us being taxed even more to pay for it. Where do you think the government gets its money???