Officials: Gov't To Suspend 'Cash For Clunkers'

I looked into this program and found out my old car was just over the mileage requirement.

VB

Oh bummer. I started a thread in the Jury Room about what a great program this is.LOL

WHEW! We just made it! We picked up our new 2009 JEEP Compass 4X4 last night at 5:30. :D We spent a lot more than we'd originally planned because there was very little left on the lot(s). It was still one heckuva deal! The dealership only "allows" 5 car deliveries per day--they hit 14 yesterday! What a great problem to have. I admit, I doubted Chrysler/JEEP was going to be able to reorganize and leave bankruptcy, but now I don't doubt it. It's time to reopen the plants. Dealers are hiding the most popular vehicles in their inventory so they can sell them at a profit rather than ship them to another dealership at cost. If you go to a lot, look in the back of the lot, employee parking, and over by the garage. :)

I am incredibly bummed-this was the only way I was going to be able to replace "Hannah" this year! (Hannah=low mileage 1998 Nissan Pathfinder that EATS gasoline, lol...kids named her.)

Latest news: The program is secure through Friday evening. Over the weekend they will re-evaluate where they are. The Obama administration is trying to find another 2 billion in funding so that the program can continue.

On another note: The dealer we used is continuing to sell through the program and figures if/when the money runs out, he will just take the hit.

Latest news: The program is secure through Friday evening. Over the weekend they will re-evaluate where they are. The Obama administration is trying to find another 2 billion in funding so that the program can continue.

On another note: The dealer we used is continuing to sell through the program and figures if/when the money runs out, he will just take the hit.

Wonder how fast I can get to PA, lol...

Latest:

Program is good through the weekend + Congress is going to throw another 2 billion dollars, of our money, into the pot.

Great. Just another few billion here and there. No problem. We can just add it to the healthcare tab.:rolleyes:

It kills me how excited everyone is about this, as if "the government" paying for it means something other than us being taxed even more to pay for it. Where do you think the government gets its money???

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back