GUILTY PA - Amy Kucsmas, 36, beaten to death, Mount Oliver, 12 July 2009

believe09

Reaction score
I could not find this story anywhere-please merge if there is a thread already.

This poor woman was allowed to call her children to say goodbye-and then was found two weeks later murdered, bound with tape, rolled in a carpet and dumped like trash.

How impossibly sad...:(

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/cnn-news/20165920/detail.html

Note how the public works person who discovered her refers to her as an "it"....

Oh this is so sad... I could not imagine the horror this family is going through.

WILKINSBURG, Pa. -- Amy Kucsmas knew she would soon be a murder victim, and the 36-year-old Mt. Oliver woman made a final phone call to her daughter while her apparent killer stood nearby.

Two weeks later, on Friday morning, Kucsmas' body was found bound with electrical tape and wrapped in a carpet in a wooded area of Hunter Park in Wilkinsburg.

How horrible. It's hard for me to imagine a man letting a woman call home like that and then screaming in the background. I wonder if a woman, known to the victim was involved in the murder and had some sort of sick form of compassion and allowed the call resulting in the screaming man.

It sounds to me more like she made the phone call and was caught by the man. :( What a horrible thing for her daughter to hear, but a blessing she got to hear her mother say she loved her once more. Very sad.

The perp left some good evidence behind so hopefully they will have him behind bars soon. It sounds like she could have gotten mixed with the wrong crowd again and things went wrong. They said she was struggling with drug addiction. She obviously wasn't home with her kids when she went missing. Drug deal gone bad maybe.

"Kayla got a call the night that it happened. She said that she's going to die tonight," Kucsmas' sister, Jayme, told WTAE Channel 4's Marcie Cipriani on Wednesday. "She told Kayla not to cry and that everything will be OK, and then Kayla heard some man in the background screaming. Then, she said her mom was hysterically crying. She couldn't understand what she was saying, and then the phone hung up."

My God. This sent a shiver down my spine.Ive mentioned before on here about a rape case where the attacker called his victims mother from the victims cell phone to gloat about having just sexually assaulted her daughter and this reminded me a little of that.

I wonder of the man screaming in the background was the murderer or another victim?

I know of another very similar case to this. A woman had dated a guy then broke up with him. He stalked her, then one night kidnapped her. He allowed her to call her mother.... it was very early am and the mother was still sleeping and didn't hear the phone so she left a message. He allowed her to call her sister. Later both the guy and the woman were found dead.

It is showing that he is the one who is in control. He "allowed" her to make the calls. It is a way of attempting to show her that not only is he in control, he is a very "generous" person if only she would have cooperated. Crazy I know. But a controlling abuser thinks very differently than most people.

But what happens is it haunts the family. They knew it was happening, but they couldn't help.

In the article the public works person says that he doesn't think she had anything on the bottom, that she was only wearing a shirt. I wonder if they will find evidence of rape?

Sounds like there will probably be evidence of rape. I also wondered how old the daughter who got the call was? Sad case, why allow the call at all?

Police said Kucsmas had been dead for several days before her body was discovered wrapped in a carpet a few feet off a well-traveled path through the park. Investigators said she was wearing only a shirt, and her ankles and wrists had been bound with duct tape. There were no obvious signs of trauma to the body, leaving cause and manner of death to be determined by the medical examiner, which may take weeks, police said.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/20165536/detail.html

Ms. Kucsmas leaves behind three children: a daughter, Kayla, 18; a son, Shane, 17, and a daughter, Katie, 13.

WILKINSBURG, Pa. - Allegheny County police on Tuesday charged 27-year-old Timothy Brunner and 30-year-old Kristopher Benjamin, both of Mount Oliver, with criminal homicide, kidnapping and abuse of a corpse.

Police say the men beat then killed 36-year-old Amy Lynn Kucsmas at Brunner's apartment. Her body was found by maintenance workers July 24 in Harding Park in Wilkinsburg.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09217/988594-53.stm

A jury convicted Timothy Brunner, 28, of second-degree murder for the July 12, 2009, killing of Amy Kucsmas, 36. He helped wrap her body in a carpet and dumped it near a Wilkinsburg park.

The jury convicted Kristopher Benjamin, 31, of first-degree murder. He is serving a life term.

Police said the final hours of Kucsmas' life were filled with beatings and interrogations after the men accused her of stealing $200. Kucsmas, of Mt. Oliver, previously stayed at Brunner's apartment.

After county Public Works employees found the body two weeks later, police checked missing-person records and identified Kucsmas through a tattoo and dental records.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1218685126&start=7

Thought this needed to be updated - Justice for Amy Lynn

Thank you LCoast-but I dont know if there is any justice here. Over 200.00? Are you kidding?

believe - If the alternative was not catching these two or them getting off with a slap on the wrist, I will accept two life sentences as the best we could hope for.

Otherwise you're right, but that means justice will never be achieved for any victim and I cannot accept that.

Over 200.00? Are you kidding?

No doubt it wasn't the money but the principle. If a drug dealer let her crash at his house then stealing from him would be a very unwise thing to do (assuming she did in fact steal the money/id).

Allowing her to call her family and then killing her....I can't reconcile the two events in my mind...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back