978 users online (209 members and 769 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,051

    Children, 4,3,2 and 1 home alone in filth

    http://www.newsnet5.com/news/20229686/detail.html

    I am just trying to straighten this out in my mind. Mom leaves these children alone in a filthy home, no working plumbing and no food. The children go begging to the neighbors for food and it is revealed that they haven't been bathed for a month, since they moved in....

    Police call mom at work, and she blames it on her brother-the reason they are alone that is.

    Kids are removed to grandma's house pending mom getting the house cleaned up-and the police are going to decide IF they are going to charge mom.

    Now, had she left them alone in a car while she worked, she would have been charged for sure. I am trying not to leap to a judgement here, but this is a DISASTER in the making...jmo. We are talking 4 BABIES here.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,748
    Wow believe, I totally agree with you! that is horrible! either scenario, car or an apartment.

    Looks like abandonment or neglect at the least! hmmm, interesting to see any updates on this article...
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com


    Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

    JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

    ~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,401
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    http://www.newsnet5.com/news/20229686/detail.html

    I am just trying to straighten this out in my mind. Mom leaves these children alone in a filthy home, no working plumbing and no food. The children go begging to the neighbors for food and it is revealed that they haven't been bathed for a month, since they moved in....

    Police call mom at work, and she blames it on her brother-the reason they are alone that is.

    Kids are removed to grandma's house pending mom getting the house cleaned up-and the police are going to decide IF they are going to charge mom.

    Now, had she left them alone in a car while she worked, she would have been charged for sure. I am trying not to leap to a judgement here, but this is a DISASTER in the making...jmo. We are talking 4 BABIES here.
    If she left them home alone, she needs to be charged with neglect. They could have been hurt or killed. They're babies.
    If her brother said he'd watch them, I think he should be charged.
    It sounds like she might need a bailout. It might seem strange for the government to hand out money to people who actually need it, but there's a first time for everything.
    Paying her water and trash for a year would certainly help.
    Maybe they could help her out with decent childcare too.
    A cleaning lady ?
    It has to be hard to work, take care of four children under the age of four and have a spotless house.
    At least the dirty dishes were in the sink.
    Also, these kids are 4 and under, do kids that age really know how long it's been since they had a bath ?
    I'd imagine someone asked, hey kid- have you had a bath since you moved in here ?
    "NO"
    It said they were hungry, do we know if they looked malnourished or abused ?


    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Police said they found the children, ages 4, 3, 2 and 1, alone in the home that had dirty dishes in the sink, a toilet filled with feces and spoiled food in the refrigerator.

    As for this... I didn't see the inside, there was bagged trash outside the back door- if she couldn't afford water, she probably couldn't afford trash service either.
    I have dirty dishes in my sink right now. I worked late last night, the kids ate at their babysitters, but had a late snack. I was too tired to do the dishes last night and I had to leave for work at 7 AM. Hopefully my eight year old daughter remembered to flush the toilet (she forgets sometimes) but there were no feces in my toilet last time I checked.
    Sometimes I find some scary looking stuff at the back of my fridge's veggie drawer.
    I'd really have to see the inside, my version of filth might not be the same as others.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    379
    This is exactly how our adopted twins were found. ALL alone in a duplex while mom was down the road just visiting. The house was nasty, no clean bottles, the special formula they had to take due to being preemies had raoches crawling in them. My babies were 5 months old at this time. Our baby girl was still wearing preemie clothes when we got her. A preemie size at 5 months!!! This biomom would feed them at 7pm put them to bed, leave to go out to local bar, then not get them out of bed, feed them or change them until at least 8 am the next day. Luckily the caseworker who had given services for her first two kids that were removed, was also worker for this case. Luckily she went by unannounced. It is funny the things they can find out when they make unscheduled visits. Wonder if this mother had been involved with CPS at all? ALso this is an awfully big house for someone who is single, raising 4 kids and can;t afford to have water on. Glad she is working at least. DO we know what that profession is? Glad these babies weren;t left in a hot car.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    930
    Total neglect. She should be charged with neglect and endangerment, and I agree that if the mother's brother was supposed to be watching them and didn't, he should also be charged with neglect and endangerment.

    If the food was spoiled in the fridge, it means that she left that morning knowing that there was no food in the house - no milk, no juice, no baby formula or baby food, etc. There are government programs that provide food assistance and there's no excuse for starving children.

    Regarding the one child stating they'd not bathed since moving into the house, I think a 4-year old is quite capable of comprehending whether they've ever had a bath in their new home, and they're also quite capable of communicating that to adults.

    Another sad, sad situation and unfortunately, the children will probably be put back in the same environment.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,384
    Government intervention is no solution for ignorance,cruelty & irresponsibility -which are just a few of the nicer adjectives that likely describe this woman.
    I was a young,overwhelmed & poor mom with 4 kids & I can assure you NOTHING like this ever occurred in my household.
    This woman likely had no business having ONE child let alone FOUR.
    The only victims in this story are the children & the are the only ones who need government help (i.e state intervention)
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    Government intervention is no solution for ignorance,cruelty & irresponsibility -which are just a few of the nicer adjectives that likely describe this woman.
    I was a young,overwhelmed & poor mom with 4 kids & I can assure you NOTHING like this ever occurred in my household.
    This woman likely had no business having ONE child let alone FOUR.
    The only victims in this story are the children & the are the only ones who need government help (i.e state intervention)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,655
    Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    Government intervention is no solution for ignorance,cruelty & irresponsibility -which are just a few of the nicer adjectives that likely describe this woman.
    I was a young,overwhelmed & poor mom with 4 kids & I can assure you NOTHING like this ever occurred in my household.
    This woman likely had no business having ONE child let alone FOUR.
    The only victims in this story are the children & the are the only ones who need government help (i.e state intervention)
    ITA! And where is the father - or more likely - fathers of all these babies?

    Her FAMILY said she is overwhelmed and struggling. Where were they if they knew she needed help? Her claim that she told her brother to watch the kids means nothing. She obviously left before he showed up or she would have known he wasn't there. Idiots all around.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Her FAMILY said she is overwhelmed and struggling. Where were they if they knew she needed help? Her claim that she told her brother to watch the kids means nothing. She obviously left before he showed up or she would have known he wasn't there. Idiots all around.
    Not that I blame the grandparents totally for not being aware of the situation, but if they knew there was potential for the children to not be cared for adequately, I agree they are just as guilty. Hopefully, the grandparents aren't grudgingly caring for them now - that's the last thing those poor children need - to know that someone is only taking them in because they feel they HAVE to.

    Honestly, what is going on in this world?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,285
    I think we all know how this one will end (or take a good guess)... kids go back, neglect continues until one of the children really get hurt..


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,655
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    I think we all know how this one will end (or take a good guess)... kids go back, neglect continues until one of the children really get hurt..
    Or dead.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,187
    I hope it's checked whether the mother left the kids alone and asleep when she went to work. The article said they were eating berries off a tree. If they had picked the wrong tree or bush, that alone could have made them very ill.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,401
    Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    Government intervention is no solution for ignorance,cruelty & irresponsibility -which are just a few of the nicer adjectives that likely describe this woman.
    I was a young,overwhelmed & poor mom with 4 kids & I can assure you NOTHING like this ever occurred in my household.
    This woman likely had no business having ONE child let alone FOUR.
    The only victims in this story are the children & the are the only ones who need government help (i.e state intervention)
    If she left her children with her brother who she thought she could trust, was she intentionally ignorant and irresponsible ?
    I don't see where the cruelty comes in.

    It doesn't say they were malnourished, just hungry. I need more to decide that she's unfit. I don't know if this is just a circumstantial event.
    My youngest eats all the time.
    If the issues are due to finances, then ya, I think gov't could divert some of the $$ they're giving to banks who pay their CEO's millions, to a working mother who's having a hard time making ends meet.
    Helping her financially would cost less and be less traumatic than sticking her kids in foster care and destroying her life and probably those of the children.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,401
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousTwo View Post
    Total neglect. She should be charged with neglect and endangerment, and I agree that if the mother's brother was supposed to be watching them and didn't, he should also be charged with neglect and endangerment.

    If the food was spoiled in the fridge, it means that she left that morning knowing that there was no food in the house - no milk, no juice, no baby formula or baby food, etc. There are government programs that provide food assistance and there's no excuse for starving children.

    Regarding the one child stating they'd not bathed since moving into the house, I think a 4-year old is quite capable of comprehending whether they've ever had a bath in their new home, and they're also quite capable of communicating that to adults.

    Another sad, sad situation and unfortunately, the children will probably be put back in the same environment.
    I don't think a 4 year old knows the difference between a week and a month.
    4 year old's are awesome judges of facial expressions and tones and love to give answers they think the asker wants.
    My teen liked to ask my 3-4 year old "is this your $1 or $20 to see her smile and nod her head yes.
    The adult's demeanor plays a huge part in any answer you get from a toddler/pre-schooler.

    I disagree that having spoiled food means there was no food. When I've found a surprise, fuzz covered whatever in my fridge, it's because someone put something new in the fridge and shoved the old to the back or it fell between the shelf & fridge wall.
    Groceries don't last long in my house. It's like, "wow, mom brought home $300 of everything we like. Let's eat it all now". The kitchen door leads to the back-yard and my son is famous for coming in from playing and taking 'snacks' to the 5,10,20 kids playing in our yard.
    Last edited by CHICANA; 08-01-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: add

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,401
    Good thing they don't live in Oklahoma City. They could end up in this foster home....

    http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-...,5098466.story

    He's 9 years old.
    "The foster mother accused him of stealing money from her. At that point she took this potato masher, heated it on the stove to where it was red hot & branded him."

    The boy told police he then went back to his bedroom, started crying and then the 72-year-old foster mother Joycelyn Louis told him "I'm not finished with you" and continued to burn him. She then allegedly told him, if anybody asks, "say you were accidentally burned."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. WI - 7 children lived in filth despite child welfare visits
    By angelainwi in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2014, 02:55 PM
  2. GA - Children Found Living in Filth
    By dee10134 in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-17-2014, 01:15 PM
  3. OK - Woman faces charge of leaving kids home alone, living in filth
    By SewingDeb in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 01:46 PM
  4. Orphaned children fly home
    By lollipop3 in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2006, 07:20 PM