1314 users online (292 members and 1022 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

OH - Fathima Rifqa Bary, 16, Columbus, 19 July 2009

reported on nbc4i.com and there is a photo at this news website.
    also here: http://www.mcc.ag.state.oh.us/P2.aspx?PQID=FATHIM -- (they have her listed as endangered runaway)

Published: July 31, 2009
    COLUMBUS, Ohio—Columbus police issued an endangered missing child alert late Thursday.

NBC 4 reported with the FAST FACTS.
    Fathima Rifqa Bary, 16, was seen last at her North Side home Sunday, July 19.

Fathima is 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs about 90 pounds.
    She has black eyes and hair.
    Columbus police said what she was wearing when she was seen last was unknown.
    Officers also said Fathima may have been near the OSU campus Sunday, July 19.

Anyone with information on Fathima’s whereabouts was encouraged to call CPD’s missing persons unit at 614-645-2358.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/loc...r.html?sid=102

Updated: Saturday, August 1, 2009 2:59 PM

After Nearly 2 Weeks, New Albany Teen Still Missing

...Investigators said there is no evidence that Fathima Rifqa Bary, 16, is a victim of foul play, but they could not rule out that she is not in danger...

...The teenager's cell phone has been turned off and her Facebook account deactivated...

...According to police, the girl's friends told detectives that it was possible she ran away because of conflicting religious beliefs in her home...
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Missing Teen Found Safe In Fla.
    Friday, August 7, 2009 3:59 PM

...Bary was found safe in Orlando, Fla. Arrangements were being made for her return to central Ohio...
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

guess she is still in florida but being taken to child protective services.

hope they are investigating that minister in Kansas who was in contact with her and appears to be the one that had her go to florida. very strange.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/local...s_story/20932/

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    I heard an update on this girl a little while ago. Rifqa allegedly has told the authorities that IF she goes back home, her father will kill her, due to her converting to Christianity. Her father says that he would not. A judge is supposed to make a ruling today.

My gut feeling is that for now this girl seems safe where she is.

Praying that the Lord guides the Judge to make the right decision and that she stays safe.

ETA: http://rifqabary.com/index.html
    Last edited by Liz; 08-21-2009 at 10:17 AM.
    When Obama called on the SEALs, they answered the call and killed Bin Laden. When the SEALs called on Obama, he didn't answer, and they were killed.

From yesterday, August 20th
    Extremist Ohio mosque becoming focus of Rifqa Bary custody dispute

Tomorrow afternoon, Rifqa Bary's fate will be in the hands of a Florida judge. Rifqa fled her Ohio home last month claiming that her father threatened to kill her for converting from Islam to Christianity. As I noted previously, all schools of Islamic law proscribe death for Islamic apostates. For that reason, Rifqa fled to Florida and ended up on the doorstep of a pastor she had met through Facebook. A judge has temporarily placed her with a foster family until the court determines whether she should be turned over to Ohio authorities, who have already stated their intention to send Rifqa back to her parents. ---> more at link
    When Obama called on the SEALs, they answered the call and killed Bin Laden. When the SEALs called on Obama, he didn't answer, and they were killed.

Thursday, August 20, 2009
    Terrorizing Rifqa Bary: Media Crimes and Misdemeanors and Immorality

Yesterday I called Amy Edwards at The Orlando Sentinel to understand why she would shill for Muslim fundamentalists. She is not alone, just more pathetic than most of the shills. --> more

My gut still says, leave her in foster care in Florida, where she is.

Fox News is covering this case now.
    Johnna Spilbor thinks she should be sent home w/ her parents.
    Kimberly Guillfoyle thinks that she should be able to practice the religion of her choice.

I'm not sure, but I think it's possible she might be lying. Anybody know if there was a boy involved ?

There was another hearing today. I thought for sure someone would have posted an update. I hope Rifqa is allowed to stay in Florida if that's what she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    There was another hearing today. I thought for sure someone would have posted an update. I hope Rifqa is allowed to stay in Florida if that's what she wants.
    I have a question for you. Please don't think I'm trying to be argumentative, I'm just curious and wondering if you've thought about this aspect.
    If your teenager decided he/she wanted to live somewhere else, would you be ok paying child support to whomever he/she chose to live with ?
    If the court decides she's old enough to decide where she lives, they should release her parents from financial responsibility. I'm not trying to be cold, but a $500 or $600 child support order because your teen doesn't like your rules is IMO wrong. I also don't think it sets a very good example for the child.

Based on the LE investigation, I don't think Rifqa was in danger. There were holes in her story and she lied about hitch-hiking to the bus stop and about who paid for her ticket that was actually purchased anonymously in Florida.
    If I had pulled something like this at her age, regardless of religion, I'd be afraid to face the consequences of going home also.

The judge won't return her to Ohio til they prove their immigration status. This is another stall. Really, what does it have to do with Ohio having jurisdiction ? Unless he plans on handing the entire family, including Rifqa over to immigration officials. He's a family court judge employed by the state, immigration is a federal matter. He can't grant assylum and according to LE, Rifqa'a claims are unfounded. If they can prove they are Ohio residents and that they are her parents,IMO he doesn't have the right to make this an issue.

Rifqa Bary publishes a book

Some may recall headlines a few years back. In my home state of Ohio this all began with parents frantically searching for their missing daughter. And then she was found in Florida, being hidden by a husband and wife team of pastors. And from there it got crazy. The pastors, cheered on by multiple far-right religio-political groups claiming Christianity as their motivation; a couple of militant Zionists who make their living in selling their hatred of Islam (same folks who ran the recent cartooning debacle in Texas); and assorted other Muslim haters told stories of grave danger of an "honor killing," and essentially sold the story of a brave little girl they had rescued for Jesus.

They fought her return to Ohio--despite clear evidence that Ohio had jurisdiction. They made claims of infiltration of Ohio government by radical Islam, provided lawyers, spun the propaganda, and essentially made any reunification with family impossible.

Five years (or so) later, Rifqa is in college studying philosophy. Her location remains a secret, and she has published a book detailing her experience. Sadly, she is sticking to the same story, with all the same weaknesses (claiming to have been raised in a strict Muslim household despite all evidence to the contrary in terms of dress, school involvements and so forth; and particularly her complete ignorance of basic tenets of Islam--such as a belief in the God of Abraham and Moses). Based on the endorsers listed in the Amazon review (inclusive of John Stemberger of the Florida Family Policy Council and Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council) she remains a darling of far right religionists.

Presents an interesting counterpoint to the Stanley case in Arkansas, where supporters accuse child protectors of interfering with parental rights to raise their children according to a legalistic and patriarchal code (as the Barys are accused of doing--although the evidence doesn't seem to support that).

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...bary-book.html

An additional article detailing the original case and some of the players, as well as one additional HuffPost article on Ergun Caner. I think he gave a very brief statement of support early on. What is interesting is that he built a pretty solid career of being a (phony) ex-Muslim--within Southern Baptist circles. The point being that many really want to believe a story like the one that Caner invented for himself, and by appearances Bary has followed a similar path. Another name (Jamal Juvanjee), and story, that was prevalent at the time was that of Jamal Juvanjee. I don't know if his story was as thoroughly invented as Caner's, but it followed along similar lines.

There were also at the time (from 9/11 forward) folks who invented "anti-terrorism" credentials for themselves and made a living "training" local law enforcement (not to mention the US Military) in all kinds of supposed ties between moderate Muslims and Mosques and Hamas and Al Queda. Didn't do much for US security, but did quite a bit to pump up anti-Muslim fears and misinformation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/walid-..._b_582225.html
    http://www.talk2action.org/story/2010/5/17/151130/395