Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Emma Thompson - 4-yr old w/STD and fractured skull dies

Hybrid View

Emma Thompson - 4-yr old w/STD and fractured skull dies

Slain Spring girl's siblings awarded to grandparents
    Neighbor testified mother blamed falls for girl's death
    By TERRI LANGFORD and PEGGY O'HARE Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
    July 30, 2009, 10:42AM

The paternal grandparents of a 4-year-old Spring girl who died last month after being beaten and sexually assaulted have received temporary custody of her two sisters.

State District Judge Judy Warne directed Children's Protective Services to retrieve the girls, ages 6 and 11, and deliver them to the paternal grandparents. The father of the slain girl, Emma Thompson, and the surviving 6-year-old also lives there. The 11-year-old has a different father.

The girls' mother, 33-year-old Abigail Elizabeth Young, is restricted to two one-hour visits per month at CPS offices during the temporary custody period, Warne said.

====================================

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32217008...ws-houston_tx/

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6555444.html

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...g/6551978.html

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/6553916.html

http://www.click2houston.com/news/20222590/detail.html

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/20.../child0630.txt
    Last edited by JBean; 08-01-2009 at 02:27 AM. Reason: copyright infringement

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to CuriousTwo For This Useful Post:

Omg

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amandab For This Useful Post:

Reading this article made me take a very deep sigh for these children. I'm so sorry for them.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Reading this article made me take a very deep sigh for these children. I'm so sorry for them.
    Hi (((Kat))) I have missed you! I agree with what you have said here.
    This bee my opinion

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

I am outraged that they did not remove that precious baby after they found out that she had contracted genital herpes!!! I hope that sorry excuse for a mother and her POS BF both fry for what they were doing to little Emma.
    Happy New Years

There are just no words ......

That poor, poor child!

JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

The judicial system is letting these kids down. They need to be held responsible as well. This is another case of "It could have been avoided" if people would have just done their da*n jobs right.
    moo
    My Opinion Only..MOO

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to yosande For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yosande View Post
    The judicial system is letting these kids down. They need to be held responsible as well. This is another case of "It could have been avoided" if people would have just done their da*n jobs right.
    moo
    I'm sorry if I missed something, but did the courts give visitation to the POS mother of the other children? She shouldn't be allowed within 10 miles of the other 2 siblings. What are our courts up to. Hang her by her thumbs...if you ask me.

Children are a gift, a blessing, and as parents we take the oath - do no harm/break no spirit. Anyone who thinks otherwise should NOT be a parent.

Mel

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

fhc

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    I'm sorry if I missed something, but did the courts give visitation to the POS mother of the other children? She shouldn't be allowed within 10 miles of the other 2 siblings. What are our courts up to. Hang her by her thumbs...if you ask me.

Children are a gift, a blessing, and as parents we take the oath - do no harm/break no spirit. Anyone who thinks otherwise should NOT be a parent.

Mel
    She is not allowed to see her other children. She can only send court-monitored letters to them.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

fhc

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    She is not allowed to see her other children. She can only send court-monitored letters to them.
    Ahhh, thank you very much. I thought I heard she would have CPS visits. Glad I'm wrong!

Thanks!

Mel

I pray for justice. May this "gifted nurse" egg donor and her criminal boyfriend now receive what they deserve - an eternity in he-- together after the death penalty. How she can call herself a nurse is beyond evil.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/moms/6551978.html

"Mom is a ‘gifted' nurse

Texas Board of Nursing Examiners records show the child's mother has been licensed as a registered nurse since June 2001 and has no record of any disciplinary actions. Her license is set to expire Aug. 31. State board officials said their records show she works in the in-patient hospital field .

“From everyone's accounts, relatives and friends, she's a ‘gifted' nurse — this is a term they use,” Nelson said.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aperture For This Useful Post:

And, this just blows my mind regarding the suspect:

Boyfriend of dead girl's mom has dark past

CPS had investigated him before little girl's death
    By PEGGY O'HARE and TERRI LANGFORD
    HOUSTON CHRONICLE
    July 31, 2009, 3:53PM

Lucas Ruric Coe's criminal history includes assault with a deadly weapon and injury to a child.

The boyfriend of the Spring woman whose 4-year-old daughter died after being beaten and sexually assaulted has a lengthy history with Texas Child Protective Services as well as criminal records for assault with a deadly weapon, criminal mischief and injury to a child, records obtained by the Houston Chronicle show.

Before Emma Thompson's June 27 death, CPS officials had investigated him not once but three times in unrelated cases involving another girlfriend's child.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6555444.html
    Last edited by JBean; 08-01-2009 at 02:28 AM. Reason: copyright infringement

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CuriousTwo For This Useful Post:

Ok, now I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I just don't understand these women. What do they find so attractive about POS's like this that makes them willing to sacrifice their own flesh and blood? This guy is nothing but a lowlife thug and she is an educated professional. WTF? Do our young women today suffer from such tragically low self-esteem that they will settle for any loser and allow him to harm their babies? What is that?

Something is terribly, terribly wrong when we hear these stories nearly every day. I will bet dollars to donuts that little Robert Manwill missing in Idaho has been killed by his mother or her boyfriend as well.

And CPS everywhere seems to be quite worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aperture View Post
    I pray for justice. May this "gifted nurse" egg donor and her criminal boyfriend now receive what they deserve - an eternity in he-- together after the death penalty. How she can call herself a nurse is beyond evil.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/moms/6551978.html

"Mom is a ‘gifted' nurse

Texas Board of Nursing Examiners records show the child's mother has been licensed as a registered nurse since June 2001 and has no record of any disciplinary actions. Her license is set to expire Aug. 31. State board officials said their records show she works in the in-patient hospital field .

“From everyone's accounts, relatives and friends, she's a ‘gifted' nurse — this is a term they use,” Nelson said.
    This "person" (cannot print the real word I want to use) is a NURSE in title only. REAL nurses are not made, they are born. REAL nurses are compassionate and are naturally driven to help others, not hurt others.
    I knew I wanted to be a nurse from the time I could "think". Its my identity, its part of who I am. Its in everything I do, and think, Its my personality, its my identity. I could no more harm a child, or anyone else, than I could hurt one of my own family members. Its not in a REAL nurse to harm anyone. REAL nurses come to the aid of anyone who needs it. The term "gifted Nurse" should be reserved for only the truly compassionate nurses who demonstrate over time that they have nothing but a patients best interest, dignity and healing in mind. Melanie McGwire was also considered a "gifted" nurse. She killed her husband and dismantled his body and dumped him in 3 suitcases into the potomac river. Gifted Nurse,? I think not! I think this title of "gifted" is handed out way too recklessly anymore. I have known nurses who are truly "gifted". Just like "anyone" can be a mother, only a loving mother can be a "mom", anyone can go to nursing school, pass boards and get a job. But only Nurses who are BORN TO BE A NURSE are true "Nurses".
    Those reading this that are Nurses will know what I am talking about. Its not a profession, its who you ARE.

Abbie
    A REAL Nurse

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AbbieNormal For This Useful Post:

Hhhmmmm wonder if the boyfriend has herpes?? Im no psychic but I think the answer is a solid "yes"!!!!!!!!!
    I think his daughter & the Momster's other children need to be checked too as with the attitude ,in that household,of a CHILD being described as "kinky like her father" its not a giant leap to assume what was truly infecting that household.
    I will now say no more or I will violate TOS-Im THAT pizzed off by this story!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to VespaElf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    Hhhmmmm wonder if the boyfriend has herpes?? Im no psychic but I think the answer is a solid "yes"!!!!!!!!!
    I think his daughter & the Momster's other children need to be checked too as with the attitude ,in that household,of a CHILD being described as "kinky like her father" its not a giant leap to assume what was truly infecting that household.
    She [the grandmother] testified Wednesday that she knew her daughter had the same STD that was later found in Emma's system.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CuriousTwo For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousTwo View Post
    She [the grandmother] testified Wednesday that she knew her daughter had the same STD that was later found in Emma's system.

another snip from your link... that absolutely defies ALL LOGIC!

Even though Emma was allowed to remain in her mother's care despite the discovery of the STD, Estella Olguin with CPS said the agency did everything it should have done to keep her safe.
    And just what was the "everything" that they did to keep her safe when she was a small child with an STD! Amazing! The only thing they could and SHOULD have done to keep her safe was to get her the he!! out of that home!
    This bee my opinion

31. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post

And just what was the "everything" that they did to keep her safe when she was a small child with an STD! Amazing! The only thing they could and SHOULD have done to keep her safe was to get her the he!! out of that home!
    That's a great question. Did ANYONE ever stop to wonder WHY this baby had an STD?

So this "mother" is left with genital herpes and a dead daughter. I sure hope the POS was worth it.

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    That's a great question. Did ANYONE ever stop to wonder WHY this baby had an STD?
    "Thompson [baby's father] said his wife told him that the type of herpes their daughter contracted had started out as a “childhood” version and had somehow developed into the sexual disease adults contract. He also said his wife told him that their daughter could have contracted the disease from a toilet seat."

Is this even possible?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...g/6551978.html

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CuriousTwo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post

There are probably a lot of excuses. There wasn't any man living in the household, mother promised to keep a better eye on the daughter. Child was too young to testify against anyone. So they a) made sure mother was aware of the problem b) made sure there were no males living in the hh c) felt confident that if the mother determined who had molested her child that she would notify authorities d) was unable to substantiate a suspect

They just happened to be wrong.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    There are probably a lot of excuses. There wasn't any man living in the household, mother promised to keep a better eye on the daughter. Child was too young to testify against anyone. So they a) made sure mother was aware of the problem b) made sure there were no males living in the hh c) felt confident that if the mother determined who had molested her child that she would notify authorities d) was unable to substantiate a suspect

Mysteriew ~ I'm not sure if you were trying to be sarcstic at all, but you're pretty much correct. If the mother is able to come up with a good enough lie, has a safety plan in place to protect the child - including specific steps to take in different possible scenarios, the child does not disclose in the "appropriate" setting - or recants, and LE does not take any action, then CPS will most likely close the case. Believe me, CPS and foster care workers do have cases they have to close, even though they have a bad gut feeling. The problem is, without solid evidence to back it up, there is nothing that can be done. It sucks. In a way, it's good, because it means there has to be solid reasons to remove a child (although many people, I'm sure, will argue that and say that CPS removes for no reason...). But it's not good when the hands of CPS are legally and bureaucratically tied. It works both ways. No matter what, the system will never be perfect, humans are the ones working the system, and it's overseen by governmental agencies. I would venture to say the majority of workers do what they can within the scope of what they are allowed to do. However, some cases will always fall through the cracks. Those are the ones we hear about.

Anyway, sorry for the long diatribe. =)

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyn1001 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post

Actually, he was living with them (according to later news reports) ... the mother lied to CPS and told them Emma wasn't exposed to anyone other than the parents, and usual caregivers. CPS took her at her "word."
    LACI & CONNER - GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!
    Laci's Archived Thread (Read Only):
    http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CuriousTwo For This Useful Post:

The best is the lawyer arguing shes a good Mom & the other children should be returned to her! SO good Mothers let their BF's rape & infect their daughters & abuse them to death?
    WTF?????? These girls should not go to Granma.I think after home studies they should go to the Fathers & I think MOMster should have her "rights" TERMINATED!!!!!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

43. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to VespaElf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    The best is the lawyer arguing shes a good Mom & the other children should be returned to her! SO good Mothers let their BF's rape & infect their daughters & abuse them to death?
    WTF?????? These girls should not go to Granma.I think after home studies they should go to the Fathers & I think MOMster should have her "rights" TERMINATED!!!!!!!
    Oh, it's horrible. That mother didn't give two cents for her darling little girl. That poor babies face will haunt me. I can't imagine her with a mouth, etc, full of herpes. I'm sick.
    This mother and the other really, really need to pay. Emma's mom failed to call 911 from her house so she could give the boyfriend time to leave, IMO. She knew exactly what her ugly boyfriend was doing and tried to treat her child rather than first seeking medical attention, so she could protect the P.O.S.
    Until women like these are prosecuted as accomplices to murder, abuse, etc., we have little hope for change. In addition, I think it should be a crime punishable as neglect at the least and actionable by removing the child from the home when "mothers" leave their precious kids alone with the new guy and anything happens. We also need a slew of public service announcements talking about the results when the "need" for a new man becomes a greater priority than one's children, and a message about the penalities for exposing one's kids to these creeps and then protecting the creep after he harms the child. The moms need to pay for this nonsense at the same level, in many cases, as the perp, IMO. That's the way to send a message and to reduce the frequency of such tragedies.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

45. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

There's more ....

"Two more children who had contact with Lucas Ruric Coe were taken into protective custody Friday after Texas Child Protective Services confirmed one, a 4-year-old girl, had been sexually abused."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/moms/6556702.html

Unbelievable! Wonder how many more children he's hurt?

47. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CuriousTwo For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast