Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Emma Thompson - 4-yr old w/STD and fractured skull dies

I think this"Mother" was likely twisted before she met him if the biting comment is to be believed.......seriously little kids bite but who immediately thinks its a "sex thing"? She did as she was comfortable apparently commenting the baby(3 year old)was "kinky"! WTH?!

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousTwo View Post
    Seriously, what is it about these mothers that makes them vulnerable to these predators? I just can't figure this out. What am I missing? This mother lived in a very nice neighborhood in a home that was appraised at $200K+ - she's educated and comes from a wealthy family (from reading all the Houston Chronicle comments), yet bailed him out of jail at one point What makes women vulnerable to this type of scummy person and what makes them put the safety of their children secondary to protecting these guys? Are they threatened by these guys? I can't wrap my mind around this at all.
    HAVE ANY STUDIES EVER BEEN ON THESE WOMEN? Its clearly not a socio-economic or ethnic thing as we have seen,time & time again,that this burning desire to "have a man" at all costs crosses those.Have women who offer their children up for sex or knowingly involve themselves with sex offenders or let a man abuse their children..........have they ever been studied?Any data complied? Id love to read a "profile" as theres seriously something going on in their heads!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by VespaElf; 08-02-2009 at 11:22 AM.
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VespaElf For This Useful Post:

Has the "mom" of the little boy from Magnolia been charged with anything?? If not, she should be!! She allowed this POS to torture her little boy for years!! Until these women start being charged, it will keep happening. Since they obviously only care about their wants and "needs", then show them that their selfish actions have consequences...for them!
    IMO

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Amster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    Has the "mom" of the little boy from Magnolia been charged with anything?? If not, she should be!! She allowed this POS to torture her little boy for years!! Until these women start being charged, it will keep happening. Since they obviously only care about their wants and "needs", then show them that their selfish actions have consequences...for them!

Oh, Amster, I agree with your every word and especially the bolded part.
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

I don't think anyone's been charged yet in any of these crimes. Emma's autopsy results have not yet been released and she passed away about a month ago. They must be doing toxicology as well, for it to take this long (my guess).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CuriousTwo For This Useful Post:

IIRC, Coe has one charge against him for the little boy he tortured, with the help from "mom" and CPS.
    IMO

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Based on this guy's criminal record, I would definitely say he seeks out single mothers. But it's a great question as to why these mothers fall for him and his BS. I'm sure he does whatever it takes to draw them in and make them believe they can't live without him. But for me, first time I had to bail him out of jail - or if I knew about his criminal record - would be a dealbreaker. I don't get it and I don't suppose I ever will.

Bottom line is, she KNEW he wasn't supposed to be there and went to great lengths to hide the fact that he was. If, by some travesty, she isn't charged with something in this case, I truly hope she never has a good night's sleep for the rest of her life. I hope that baby girl's face is there every single time she closes her eyes.
    ----------
    It is very obvious to me that this "mother" of the little girl has no conscience what so ever regarding this little girl. She obivous did not care what happened to this baby. She needs to be drug tested because in my experience, the woman is usually dependent upon some drug the BF is providing her. If she is found to be drug free, then her only addiction to this man is most likely sex. This woman needs to be charged with the exact same crime that she helped to perpetrate. In my opinon, she is actually more guilty than he is and there should be side by side gurneys and she should get the needle at the same time as he does.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousTwo View Post
    Seriously, what is it about these mothers that makes them vulnerable to these predators? I just can't figure this out. What am I missing? This mother lived in a very nice neighborhood in a home that was appraised at $200K+ - she's educated and comes from a wealthy family (from reading all the Houston Chronicle comments), yet bailed him out of jail at one point What makes women vulnerable to this type of scummy person and what makes them put the safety of their children secondary to protecting these guys? Are they threatened by these guys? I can't wrap my mind around this at all.
    -----------
    It is usually a drug habit or their very own crotch rules their entire world. Sounds crazy, I know, but very true. I know of a couple of women who have thought with their crotch for most of their lives.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Based on this guy's criminal record, I would definitely say he seeks out single mothers. But it's a great question as to why these mothers fall for him and his BS. I'm sure he does whatever it takes to draw them in and make them believe they can't live without him. But for me, first time I had to bail him out of jail - or if I knew about his criminal record - would be a dealbreaker. I don't get it and I don't suppose I ever will.

Bottom line is, she KNEW he wasn't supposed to be there and went to great lengths to hide the fact that he was. If, by some travesty, she isn't charged with something in this case, I truly hope she never has a good night's sleep for the rest of her life. I hope that baby girl's face is there every single time she closes her eyes.

The man was a monster and she covered for him. CPS failed but then so did many others -- this child should not be dead. Poor baby girl that must have truly suffered before he finally killed her while her mother looked the other way. It defies reason, or compassion, or decency.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Openmind For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    IIRC, Coe has one charge against him for the little boy he tortured, with the help from "mom" and CPS.
    oops - that's true. I forgot about that one. Sad, isn't it, when someone has so many suspected incidents that it's hard to keep track of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    ----------
    This woman needs to be charged with the exact same crime that she helped to perpetrate.
    I had heard that lawmakers are working to make the punishment more severe in cases like these where a parent does not take proper measures to protect their child from predators. I sure hope that's true.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CuriousTwo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Openmind View Post
    The man was a monster and she covered for him. CPS failed but then so did many others -- this child should not be dead. Poor baby girl that must have truly suffered before he finally killed her while her mother looked the other way. It defies reason, or compassion, or decency.
    I haven't commented on this case because it makes my blood boil. Poor little girl was diagnosed with genital herpes and her mother did nothing and then lied to everyone (CPS, Emma's dad) about who had contact with her. Then we find out that Coe has a previous record of abuse of a little boy, who's mother also lied to CPS... I'm afraid to hear anymore about Coe (the monster) and the mother's who loved him (more than they loved their own children!)

I totally agree with you, the whole case defies reason, compassion or decency. I wish that both "mother's" are punished severly and I wish that Coe would be given a death penalty. JMO.

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Boyz_Mum For This Useful Post:

RIP Emma!
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/20...ompson0804.txt

Details surrounding a 4-year-old girl’s death in June are becoming clearer, and Harris County Child Protective Services believes the Magnolia boyfriend of the girl’s mother may be connected to the case.

The Harris County Sheriff’s Office has not made any arrests in the case, but no one is being ruled out, said Christina Garza, media relations manager for HCSO. Investigators are waiting on the results of an autopsy being conducted by the Southeast Texas Forensic Center in Conroe.
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6556702.html

Two more children who had contact with Lucas Ruric Coe were taken into protective custody Friday after Texas Child Protective Services confirmed one, a 4-year-old girl, had been sexually abused.

CPS' action on Friday came after the 4-year-old Montgomery County girl told medical staff she had been touched inappropriately, according to an affidavit filed with a Montgomery County court. An exam confirmed the girl had been sexually abused, Carter said. The other child, a 9-year-old boy, had not been sexually abused but was living in the same home.

Both children were taken late Friday and placed into a foster home. CPS' investigation is continuing.
    JMO

RIP Travis Alexander

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

ABIGAIL YOUNG (Emma's mother)

LUCAS COE (Young's boyfriend)

BENJAMIN THOMPSON (Young's husband - Emma's father)

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CuriousTwo For This Useful Post:

I can't stand much more of this.....what is wrong with our world? One of the most fundamental basic instincts is the instinct of a mother to protect their children. As a society, we travel a very dark path when Mothers betray their children and their God-given primal instinct to protect those children.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    HEAD IN THE SAND-it does not take a ROCKET SCIENTIST to see how the child got the herpes with no vaginal trauma at the time; SKIN ON SKIN contact.

This woman knowingly chose her boyfriend over her obviously abused daughter. WAY TO GO.

Sorry-I know this has been covered but I just want to scream.................
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

If you can lose your RN license for getting a DUI id really like to think you can lose it for covering up the abuse,rape & murder of your child!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This case has me so upset!!!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to VespaElf For This Useful Post:

There are way too many mothers that do not have that basic instinct to protect their babies from any harm, with my child, I would have hurt somebody very badly if they raised a hand to him. I wish every momma could feel the same way about their children.
    JoeDean

Defender of the defenseless

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoeDean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    There are probably a lot of excuses. There wasn't any man living in the household, mother promised to keep a better eye on the daughter. Child was too young to testify against anyone. So they a) made sure mother was aware of the problem b) made sure there were no males living in the hh c) felt confident that if the mother determined who had molested her child that she would notify authorities d) was unable to substantiate a suspect

They just happened to be wrong.
    Mysteriew ~ I'm not sure if you were trying to be sarcstic at all, but you're pretty much correct. If the mother is able to come up with a good enough lie, has a safety plan in place to protect the child - including specific steps to take in different possible scenarios, the child does not disclose in the "appropriate" setting - or recants, and LE does not take any action, then CPS will most likely close the case. Believe me, CPS and foster care workers do have cases they have to close, even though they have a bad gut feeling. The problem is, without solid evidence to back it up, there is nothing that can be done. It sucks. In a way, it's good, because it means there has to be solid reasons to remove a child (although many people, I'm sure, will argue that and say that CPS removes for no reason...). But it's not good when the hands of CPS are legally and bureaucratically tied. It works both ways. No matter what, the system will never be perfect, humans are the ones working the system, and it's overseen by governmental agencies. I would venture to say the majority of workers do what they can within the scope of what they are allowed to do. However, some cases will always fall through the cracks. Those are the ones we hear about.

Anyway, sorry for the long diatribe. =)

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyn1001 For This Useful Post:

And, the mother is an educated RN, so she's probably well spoken and comes across as intelligent ... was able to convince CPS that she had no boyfriend and there was no one living with her, even though she did. Those are the scariest personalities of all - come across as "normal" and in reality have the potential of being very dangerous.

And, then there's the boyfriend who, by appearances, just looks dangerous!

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CuriousTwo For This Useful Post:

other RNs we know, Andrea Yates & Cindy Anthony. I hope this story doesn't get buried. Abigail Elizabeth Young should be held accountable for her role in lying to CPS resulting in the death of Emma.

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

Montgomery JP rules homicide in Spring child's death
    by TERRI LANGFORD Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
    Aug. 7, 2009, 1:58PM

A 4-year-old Spring girl's death has been ruled a homicide, a Montgomery County justice of the peace said today.

Emma Thompson died on June 27 of "blunt abdominal trauma," according to Justice of the Peace Edie Connelly.

No arrests have been made in the girl's death. The girl's family had been investigated for possible abuse after she tested positive for genital herpes.

The girl's mother, 33-year-old registered nurse Abigail Young, told Texas Child Protective Services investigators that there was no other adult in the house.

However, Young had been dating Lucas Coe, 27, a man investigated by CPS three times since 2005 and previously charged with one count of injury to a child.

CPS first began investigating a complaint about Emma's care earlier in June. The investigation found the girl tested positive for genital herpes, but she was not removed.

Young's other two children are staying at the home of one of the fathers.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6564570.html

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CuriousTwo For This Useful Post:

Since the death is classified as a homicide, is the death penalty a possibility for Coe? Also, can the mother face charges in her daughters homicide? She pretty much enabled the homicide to happen by letting Coe in her home and gave him acess to her daughter. IMO, she should be charged as an accomplice or something plenty harsh.

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boyz_Mum For This Useful Post:

Today's update:

Spring girl's death ruled a homicide
    No arrests have been made, but investigators say they haven't ruled out anyone as a suspect

By TERRI LANGFORD
    HOUSTON CHRONICLE
    Aug. 8, 2009, 9:09AM

Six weeks after 4-year-old Emma Thompson died after being beaten and sexually abused, authorities announced Friday that the Spring girl was killed after suffering “blunt abdominal trauma.”

Montgomery County Justice of the Peace Edie Connelly said an autopsy determined the child's death is the result of a homicide, though no arrests have been made.

A Harris County deputy testified a week ago that the investigation seemed to center on Abigail Elizabeth Young, 33, Emma's mother; and Lucas Ruric Coe, 27, Young's boyfriend, but investigators said Friday no one has been ruled out as a suspect.

“We are adamant about no one has been ruled out as possible suspect,” said Harris County sheriff's Lt. John Legg. “Until charges are filed, the homicide investigators are neither naming suspects nor ruling out the possible suspects.”

He declined to say exactly when charges could be filed.
    “Obviously, I think we can foresee in the near future some charges will be filed, but it's something we can't speculate on when that would be,” Legg said.

Texas Child Protective Services first began investigating a complaint about Emma's care in early June. The investigation found the girl tested positive for genital herpes, but she was not removed from the home at the time.

She died after being rushed to Memorial Hermann-The Woodlands Hospital by her mother, a registered nurse, on June 27. A neighbor reported that the night of Emma's death, Young said the fatal injuries were caused by two separate falls — and that she tried to save her daughter's life by using Super Glue to close a wound on her head.
    During a custody hearing involving Emma's two sisters, it was revealed that investigators were waiting on preliminary results from the autopsy before proceeding with an arrest. Legg said Friday that the autopsy results, while crucial, are not the only thing they need before moving forward.

“While that (cause of death) was an essential piece of information for the investigation, it was not the only information that the homicide investigators are looking at before filing charges,” he said.

Legg asked the public for patience.

“We realize it's never soon enough or never appears soon enough,” he said. “These types of investigations are very complex and require a review of all the information before making a determination.”

When CPS investigators interviewed Emma's mother in early June, she denied that any other adult was living in her home. Court testimony a week ago revealed that Coe was often seen at Young's house. One neighbor testified that Young told her that she had been dating Coe for months before CPS started its investigation.

Young's mother told the court a week ago she believes Coe is the only person authorities should be looking at in connection with Emma's death. Margie Young called Coe a “predator,” “snake” and “Satan.”

“He picked the youngest, and he picked on the weakest,” she testified. She offered no other details.

Attempts to reach Abigail Young and Coe were unsuccessful Friday.

Before Emma's death, CPS also had investigated Coe three times in unrelated cases involving another girlfriend's child. He also has a criminal history that includes charges of assault with a deadly weapon and criminal mischief. He has been indicted on suspicion of injury to a child.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/6564570.html

49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CuriousTwo For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast