859 users online (145 members and 714 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,384

    What If?

    LE had questioned the Ramseys SEPERATELY that day? Do you think they wouldve gotten a confession?
    Or what if LE discovered JBR instead of John? Do you think had things gone differently this case wouldve been solved?
    I like to think had the FBI been involved from the get go there would have been at least ONE arrest but going with what evidence that is known do you think,without a confession(s),that wouldve happened?

    Yes the evidence points to a family member(IMO) but its not 100% on which family member so without a confession and no new evidence could it have been done?
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

  2. #2
    LE had questioned the Ramseys SEPERATELY that day? Do you think they wouldve gotten a confession?

    Ned: Great question. No. I think they however would have been caught in more lies and I believe Patsy Ramsey would have ultimately been arrested had a competent investigation been held.

    Or what if LE discovered JBR instead of John? Do you think had things gone differently this case wouldve been solved?

    Ned: The fact is during this waiting time, the FBI had been called and would have taken over the situation since it was still at this time a kidnapping. They would have found the body and YES, immediately the Ramsey’s would have been arrested.

    I like to think had the FBI been involved from the get go there would have been at least ONE arrest but going with what evidence that is known do you think,without a confession(s),that wouldve happened?

    Ned: This is still fuzzy and is mentioned lightly in Thomas’ book. I believe the FBI was called early on even John states this however I know at the time Ardnt was left alone there was discussion about calling the FBI to the scene and John knew this. IMO that is why he chose to go and FIND JonBenet.

    Yes the evidence points to a family member(IMO) but its not 100% on which family member so without a confession and no new evidence could it have been done?

    Ned: I believe the evidence proves Patsy purchased the rope and tape on her credit card, that she is a liar because she denied ever seeing or knowing about fresh pineapple when the bowl yielded her fingerprints, and was the last thing her child had eaten. The fact that Patsy’s pad of paper was used to write the ransom note, that only Patsy Ramsey could not be ruled out as having pened the note, the fact that her jacket fibers are entertwined in the knot of the rope, and are in the paint tote, that HER paint brush was used to sexually molest the child, that JB’s favorite blanket and PJ were found on her, the fact that her prints were found no where on the ransom note, all PROVE that Patsy Ramsey was the one that murdered JonBenet Ramsey and that John knew about this crime LONG before police arrived and made a concious effort to help cover the crime scene, for either reasons to protect himself because he was sexually abusing his daughter, or because he was trying to keep together his family. I believe as time goes on and we run out of make believe intruders, the evidence will keep stacking up against the Ramsey’s. John’s goal is to make himself more powerful so when the time comes, he has the friends and influence to keep himself and Patsy from going to prision. Money talks. Our goal here at Websleuths is to make sure that voters not familier with the Ramsey case, know what sort of man John Ramsey is and that it is a FACT that both he and Patsy are still considered SUSPECTS in a murder case. John is NOT fit to run for office.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedthan Johns
    she is a liar
    Can a person that has repressed memory lie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nedthan Johns
    HER paint brush was used to sexually molest
    I think it is more likely the garotte was fashioned before the vaginal penetration and the shard of brush handle was transfered by a finger.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nedthan Johns
    John knew about this crime LONG before police arrived and made a concious effort to help cover the crime scene, to protect himself amd he was trying to keep together his family.
    That's better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nedthan Johns
    I believe as time goes on and we run out of make believe intruders, the evidence will keep stacking up against the Ramsey’s.
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedthan Johns
    John’s goal is to make himself more powerful
    I disagree here. He wants his life back, he still needs to prove his manhood.

    The good old grilling in the smoke filled room with flood lights in the face and a few good "arms" standing by, so familiar in pulp fiction, would have done the trick, IMO. But, it wouldn't have gotten a confession from Patsy, it would have caused the split-off personality that did the deed to rise. She has DID,IMO.

    Unfortunately the good old grilling has been replaced by the touchy, feely, treat Evil with sentimentality and it will turn good, approach of questioning exhibited by Lou Smit is in vougue.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMoon
    But, it wouldn't have gotten a confession from Patsy, it would have caused the split-off personality that did the deed to rise. She has DID,IMO.
    I, too, think she has DID... or would pretend to if it suited her purposes.

    But to answer the initial question: IMO yes, if the case had been handled properly from the beginning and handed to Alex Hunter on a simple silver platter, he would've done everything in his power as a champion of justice to make a really swell plea bargain.
    The intruder is innocent! JMO

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    91
    LE would not have received a confession from Patsy if she was separated from John. John Douglas did not bother to separate the Ramsey's and he is supposed to be an FBI profiler. Did John forget what he was taught in the FBI Academy?

    http://www.corpus-delicti.com/mccrary_jbr.html

    Another interesting tidbit about mothers who murder their children.


    The Mentally Ill Mother: A woman who may be acutely psychotic, having serious psychological disturbances starting from her own childhood or her parents, which may be instrumental in causing her own psychological problem to surface. An inadequacy in handling aggression, probably originating from a disturbed relationship with the murderer's own parents, which could include hereditary influences.

    The Retaliating Mother: A woman who is jealous of her husband and envious of the child because of the attention that it receives from others, whereas the mother may have had little or no attention in her own childhood, which leads to a disturbed, immature, nongiving relationship with the child. The filicide could be motivated by revenge, especially with male children; the mother's anger toward the child's father may be displaced onto the male child, who reminds the mother of the child's father.

    The Depressed Mother: Research shows that more than a third of the mothers killed their children under the influence of depression or what could be an extended form of suicide: "I kill the one I most love -- my child." Thus a child is particularly vulnerable when a depressive illness is present. The risk becomes high when depressive illness is combined with certain types of personality structures.

    The Unwanted or Unexpected Mother: Unwanted or unplanned children, especially in countries where birth control and abortion are difficult to obtain, are more likely to suffer from maternal filicide.

    The Merciful Mother: A sick or diseased child is killed by the loving mother to protect the child from pain and suffering.

    The Battering Mother: In a fit of rage, they accidentally batter the child to death.

    Other findings: -- The high frequency of altruistic motives distinguish filicide from other homicides. -- Crime statistics show that mothers are more rarely or more mildly punished for filicide than fathers. -- Mothers kill children only, but men who kill their children are more likely to kill their wives. -- Suicide or attempted suicide following the crime was also more likely with fathers.

  6. #6

    Brother Moon

    Can a person that has repressed memory lie?

    Ned: Repressed? She had 4 months to think about it.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nedthan Johns
    HER paint brush was used to sexually molest

    I think it is more likely the garotte was fashioned before the vaginal penetration and the shard of brush handle was transfered by a finger.

    Ned: Could be.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by messiecake
    What if LE had questioned the Ramseys SEPERATELY that day? Do you think they wouldve gotten a confession?

    No, they wouldn't have gotten a confession because, IMO, the fix was already in before the 911 call was made at 5:52 A.M., and the Ramseys would have tried their best not to ruin it. The fix likely included people from the D.A.'s office all the way to the Governor's office, with most of it coordinated by attorney Mike Bynum.

    How were the Ramseys able to involve people in high places to sympathetically help them so quickly that morning? I think it was because young children were involved.

    However, separate interviews of John and Patsy would have produced a pile of contradictions that would have been virtually impossible for the Ramseys to satisfactorily explain later on.

    JMO