1350 users online (246 members and 1104 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass

Lee Anthony's Lawyer Exits Case/Lee's Immunity

Lee Anthony's Lawyer Exits Case
    Attorney Says Casey Anthony's Brother No Longer Needs Representation
    POSTED: 6:24 am EDT July 30, 2009
    UPDATED: 1:03 pm EDT July 31, 2009

http://www.wesh.com/news/20222439/detail.html

Quote:
    ORLANDO, Fla. -- The attorney of Lee Anthony said he is exiting the case as his "representation is no longer necessary."

Anthony's sister Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee. After eight hours of deposition, Tom Luka said Anthony "spilled it all and nothing was different."

As a result of his testimony, Luka said Lee Anthony has what's called "use immunity" from prosecution, though he said Anthony never did anything to warrant being charged in connection with the case.
    Last edited by Patty G; 08-01-2009 at 08:27 AM. Reason: adding Lee's Immunity to title

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by essies View Post

Quote:
    ORLANDO, Fla. -- The attorney of Lee Anthony said he is exiting the case as his "representation is no longer necessary."

Anthony's sister Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee. After eight hours of deposition, Tom Luka said Anthony "spilled it all and nothing was different."

As a result of his testimony, Luka said Lee Anthony has what's called "use immunity" from prosecution, though he said Anthony never did anything to warrant being charged in connection with the case.
    This is very interesting, to say the least. Do we know if the other two A's are getting immunity, as well?

Lee seemed to act on directives from C & G, IMO. He went looking for KC prior to the 911 calls on Cindys request, he came to the house that night at Georges request, and he went to get KC's stuff after being told where KC's things were (someone had to tell them where TL lived or he would have gone there earlier at Cindys request). Could be that his immunity is a tactical move.
    God Bless Jorelys

Quote:

BBM

If that statement is correct, then LA is going to need representation. Nothing was different? Last we heard of LA giving testimony didn't he say he believed everything his sister says?
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Thanks for the thread

Hi Pink - just read the articles in WS media links thread regarding this.

Isn't this big? Lee no longer needs his attorney. "Lee spills all." That may be sensationalized but I wondered what he said?

I don't blame him if he finally decided to fess up to what he knows and after this is over, try to go on with his altered life.

WB, Pink~ Thanks for starting this thread or I may have missed it. (Those were the good old days, eh?) I used to keep up with the case, but decided to take a long break after they found Caylee and finally laid her to rest. I pop in from time to time to catch up.

I think it is news that Lee's attorney resigned, but if Lee has "use immunity" (still have not clarified exactly what that means) then he doesn't need counsel. He can say whatever he wants evidently and not worry about prosecution. It was a stupid move on the SA's part to give any of the A fam any type of immunity, imo.

I have heard of "limited immunity" which means they can't use what you say against you, but if it leads to evidence then they are free to use the evidence against you (if I have that right). I have to think that "use immunity" is similar.

I don't think Lee really had anything to spill. He is no different than the rest of the clan in covering up this child's murder and trying to get Casey an acquittal, imo. The defense is going to go after JG with their guns blazing and with the A fam providing the ammo.
    Last edited by SeriouslySearching; 08-01-2009 at 01:46 AM.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

TakeNote is offline Mother to little post it my boy wonder & Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    i thought it said in then news thread that Lee was going to make a statement after he was done today.....

*Lee's attorney, told reporters that his client would make a statement after the deposition is completed*
    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...h-reports.html

but i looked at all the video links and didnt see one....did i miss it?...or did he not say anthing at the end of the day

He may have been too busy doing cartwheels on the front lawn of the courthouse to speak to the press.

Seriously, I haven't heard or seen anything about him speaking afterwards, but I could have missed it.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

TakeNote is offline Mother to little post it my boy wonder & Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    above.....i just posted a link to what i read....

Maybe the statement was that he was getting rid of his attorney.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

ecs5298 is offline Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL & Hardwood Mulch King & Bacon Addict
    Luka!

Hope the check cashed!

Quote Originally Posted by TakeNote View Post
    i thought it said in then news thread that Lee was going to make a statement after he was done today.....

*Lee's attorney, told reporters that his client would make a statement after the deposition is completed*
    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...h-reports.html

but i looked at all the video links and didnt see one....did i miss it?...or did he not say anthing at the end of the day
    I just did the same thing and didn't find it either. They must have changed their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    WB, Pink~ Thanks for starting this thread or I may have missed it. (Those were the good old days, eh?) I used to keep up with the case, but decided to take a long break after they found Caylee and finally laid her to rest. I pop in from time to time to catch up.

I think it is news that Lee's attorney resigned, but if Lee has "use immunity" (still have not clarified exactly what that means) then he doesn't need counsel. He can say whatever he wants evidently and not worry about prosecution. It was a stupid move on the SA's part to give any of the A fam any type of immunity, imo.

I have heard of "limited immunity" which means they can't use what you say against you, but if it leads to evidence then they are free to use the evidence against you (if I have that right). I have to think that "use immunity" is similar.

I don't think Lee really had anything to spill. He is no different than the rest of the clan in covering up this child's murder and trying to get Casey an acquittal, imo. The defense is going to go after JG with their guns blazing and with the A fam providing the ammo.
    As I delved deeper (before seeing this) into the immunity definition, I began to see that my common way to think of immunity (ie one receives immunity - tells all to include any prior involvement/knowledge and in exchange is free to go on with his life) is not accurate. Like you say, there are different types of immunity. If one is subpeona..(sp) they receive an automatic immunity of sorts but it doesn't necessarily protect them from future prosecution. As is usual with Law related stuff, the explanation gets more confusing as one tries to make sense of it - ha!

My heart leaped at the thought of Lee deciding enough is enough and telling the truth as it was told to him by KC. Figure the odds.

The defense better have concrete clad evidence of JG's guilt (like a video tape or something) cuz LE and everybody else has already covered JG. Besides, I thought you couldn't defend someone by accusing somebody else?

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    As I delved deeper (before seeing this) into the immunity definition, I began to see that my common way to think of immunity (ie one receives immunity - tells all to include any prior involvement/knowledge and in exchange is free to go on with his life) is not accurate. Like you say, there are different types of immunity. If one is subpeona..(sp) they receive an automatic immunity of sorts but it doesn't necessarily protect them from future prosecution. As is usual with Law related stuff, the explanation gets more confusing as one tries to make sense of it - ha!

My heart leaped at the thought of Lee deciding enough is enough and telling the truth as it was told to him by KC. Figure the odds.

The defense better have concrete clad evidence of JG's guilt (like a video tape or something) cuz LE and everybody else has already covered JG. Besides, I thought you couldn't defend someone by accusing somebody else?
    I stuggle to understand "use immunity" too. My understanding is that if one is subpoenaed, then use immunity is automatic. So, What would follow, is CA, GA, & LA will all have "use immunity." Not sure why it keeps getting reported that LA now has "immunity", when it's the same type of "use immunity" that CA would have, and GA also. ?
    Last edited by Capri; 08-01-2009 at 04:16 AM.

Quote:

Now this is a depo I really want to see. It may even flip this case. If LA admits to something that implicates KC game over.
    Always ,just my opinion

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post

Oh,I really hope you are wrong SS.I don't think it protects him from perjury.If he doesn't tell the truth in the depo ,and the SA can prove it,he could still be charged with perjury.It only protects him from using his own words against him if he participated in a cover up,and confesses during the depo.That's my take on it.
    I am hoping LA finally sees the writing on the wall and decided to tell what he knows. It might force KC to plead guilty in exchange for LWOP.
    If LA deleted the files or history in KC's computer the night she was arrested,I think it was because he thought he was protecting KC from embarrassment,not from murder.Maybe he had been told by KC he needed to delete everything to protect Caylee.Who knows. Of course ,as time went on he had to wise up.Maybe he's willing to come forward now.I sure hope so.
    I hope we get to see some transcripts.
    Always ,just my opinion

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast