Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom'sGirl

Former Member
Reaction score
Please stay on the Topic of this thread and post in a respectful manner

Re: CS and Custody
Whisperer Posted:
I am not going to get you the links at the moment. I just reviewed them in the past few days. Try the first one when he is asked about why misty cannot get the story straight and llisten to the answer.

How about the times he has responded with "I am the better parent, simple as that"
(smirks, enjoys tooting his own horn)? "I can provide better"..etc.

If he didn't want to steer it towards a custody circus, he would say, "I don't care to talk about that"....yet, somehow, someway he seems to answer. He initiates it, but it is not obvious.
Maybe you missed it because it is thrown in with another answer the interviewer is attempting to get but never does.

He responds to custody questions a heck of alot better than he responds to any questions about his daughter or why misty is confused.

Is this one of the interviews you mean? Yes I can see he's a little indignant about the custody. But this interview was March 16th, after KP was on the scene stirring the pot with the abuse allegations, etc.

"Ronald Cummings, what do you make of the potential custody battle that you`re facing on top of everything else?

RONALD CUMMINGS: I think that it`s absolutely and utterly ridiculous. All it does is take the focus off of my daughter being gone and put the focus on, Oh, let`s see who can get custody.

GRACE: Now, let me ask you, this Ronald. Your wife -- your former wife -- well, the mother of the children -- hasn`t had custody in how long?

(snipped conversation regarding the fact they were never married)

RONALD CUMMINGS: August the 17th, her 2nd birthday, is when I took physical custody of the children. And I was granted custody of the children in December of `05, and I do have the court paperwork to prove it.

GRACE: Now, Ronald, they seem to suggest that the only reason the mother lost custody was because she missed some court dates. Is that true?

RONALD CUMMINGS: Absolutely not. She missed her first court date. The judge gave her "wah wah" story another try. She showed up, lawyered up. And the truth is, I was a better parent, still am, better provider.
"

IMO RC could have taken this opportunity to vent all the reasons, truth or lies about CS that would make him appear to be the better parent. But he didn't. He gave this pretty "benign" response at the "height" of the battle. I have yet to hear him say anything "really" nasty or bad, truth or lie, about CS in light of everything they've said about him.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/16/ng.01.html
ETA: To add link.

Whisper Posted:
If, and that's a very big IF, she received a contempt order that day.....do you think she could have planned this whole thing out in an hour or two? How in the world could she have arranged all this and secreted Haleigh for this long?

It seems like you are basing your theory on Crystal receiving a notice of contempt that same day, because RC got one, he says. and Furthermore, you believe she arranged a kidnapping plot immediately and carried it out within hours. That is very hard to digest.

Although we can't possibly know what was in the mind of CS or her family in the months before Haleigh went missing, I think it's doubful that the Contempt order came "out of nowhere". Looking at the statute, it would seem there would have been far warning before it reached that point:

(b)1. When an obligor is 15 days delinquent in making a payment or installment of support and the amount of the delinquency is greater than the periodic payment amount ordered by the court, the local depository shall serve notice on the obligor informing him or her of:

a. The delinquency and its amount.

b. An impending judgment by operation of law against him or her in the amount of the delinquency and all other amounts which thereafter become due and are unpaid, together with costs and a service charge of up to $25, for failure to pay the amount of the delinquency.

c. The obligor's right to contest the impending judgment and the ground upon which such contest can be made.

d. The local depository's authority to release information regarding the delinquency to one or more credit reporting agencies.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...y_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0061/Sec14.HTM

I'm wondering if the fine and costs mentioned in (b) above was the DOR intercept we were wondering about at the beginning of the case. If so, and I don't know, just conjecture on my part, CS might have known the beginning of the end of failure to pay was coming in 6/16/08.

2008-06-16
054.DOR INTERCEPT IN THE AMOUNT OF $48.00 ON 06/16/08
2009-02-10
055.MOTION FOR CONTEMPT 03-27-09 AT 08:30
http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/civ_dkts/frame.php

DOCUMENT links ****NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Documents thread

Since it appeared Crystal owed at least $12,000 (IRRC) which would mean, I would certainly think, she hadn't paid for well over "one year", reading the statute I think she could have been in some pretty serious trouble. The operative word in paragraph 3 is the word "or" I believe.

(2) Any person who willfully fails to provide support which he or she has the ability to provide to a child or a spouse whom the person knows he or she is legally obligated to support commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(3) Any person who is convicted of a fourth or subsequent violation of subsection (2) or who violates subsection (2) and who has owed to that child or spouse for more than 1 year support in an amount equal to or greater than $5,000 commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

I'm not saying I think CS arranged for Haleigh to go missing because of her "problem" with DOR. I'm not saying I think anyone in her family did this. But I think passing it off as posters coming up with some "hair brained idea" we've come up with because we have a psychological need to protect RC isn't really fair under the circumstances. CS has the ability to make people care about her and view her as very, very vulnerable. Heck people here who have never met her feel the "need" to protect her gentle soul. So it's really that much of a stretch to wonder if her family or someone who loves her would do anything to get the focus off her impending hearing (which from the above* it's possible they could have known about well in advance of Feb. 9 particularly in light of the $45 DOR intercept in June 08)?

ETA: * Add link that was in the post above and was deleted, explaining Enforcement and modification of support, maintenance, or alimony agreements or orders and notifications Particularly Section 3 (b)1
stating that letters are sent well in advance of the point where it gets to a contempt hearing and a fee of $25 plus fees will be charged by the DOR.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...y_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0061/Sec14.HTM

I forgot to add this; When parents are extremely young, they are sometimes confused and frightened about what to do in serious matters in their life. It appears that neither Ron or Crystal had good role models and they struggled in life and in their own ignorance. If perchance Ron had been controlling, abusing mentally or physically, that he had inspired fear at any time in his chosen other, meaning Crystal and she was a very young girl, it does make sense that she might stumble for whatever reason in defending her child from his onslaught, as in giving up. Feelings of hopelessness could have overtaken her. I see this as very probable. So it is within the realm of reason, that not all parents no matter how fiercely they love their children are in a position to defend them especially from another parent they have depended on for food and care.

I agree CS start dating and living with RC when she was a very young girl, he wasn't all that much older tho (22 months maybe??). I can only speculate this was against her parent's wishes, but she was "strong willed" enough to do that.

Conjecture on my part but CS had the "gumption" to take up with RC when she was 14. Live with him in various places, have a baby with him, leave him and go back several times according to her own addmission

"CRYSTAL SHEFFIELD : Sometimes I am. I mean he’s called and wanted me to come back several times and I have went back a couple times just to be with my kid and he was still the same and I left. It hurt to leave em but I’m not gonna put myself through that."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,498156,00.html

Statistically speaking leaving an abusive partner is THE most dangerous time for an abused women. Yet she felt comfortable enough, once she got "2 hours away from him" to return to him "a couple of times"????

GRACE: Two hours. Why did you choose to live two hours away from your daughter?

SHEFFIELD: Because when I left Ronald, I got as far as -- as far away from him as I can.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0903/18/ng.01.html

It's things like this that make we think she's a bit stronger than people give her credit for.

I found this in my searching today, here's one man who hasn't backed away from being fair and equal in this case and who thought, as I did, that CS should have fought the custody battle in private:

"MARC KLAAS, PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: Well, yes, but what are we talking about here? You know, my heart is sinking as I listen to all of this. And what`s left of my heart, Crystal, goes out to you. Because I understand what it`s like to lose a child. And I understand the fear and the pain that one goes through during the investigation.

But this path that you`re headed upon now is a complete distraction from the point at hand. And this is something that Ron continually reminds people. Find Haleigh. Don`t take the focus off of Haleigh. And what you`re doing now, if it`s true, has a place. But that place is not to be prosecuting this guy on national TV. This is something that should be done in private.
"

I found this in my searching today, here's one man who hasn't backed away from being fair and equal in this case and who thought, as I did, that CS should have fought the custody battle in private:

"MARC KLAAS, PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: Well, yes, but what are we talking about here? You know, my heart is sinking as I listen to all of this. And what`s left of my heart, Crystal, goes out to you. Because I understand what it`s like to lose a child. And I understand the fear and the pain that one goes through during the investigation.

But this path that you`re headed upon now is a complete distraction from the point at hand. And this is something that Ron continually reminds people. Find Haleigh. Don`t take the focus off of Haleigh. And what you`re doing now, if it`s true, has a place. But that place is not to be prosecuting this guy on national TV. This is something that should be done in private.
"

Good point Ceeker.
The fact that she LIED about it all to take the focus off of Haleigh is the point now. Why? I keep asking this question and I can not buy it was because she feared for Jr. in the care of his father. Now Misty is another story with Crystal and Marie and they have done their best to hang her dirty laundry out and run her over with the rumor bus, but, again lies have been dismissed (proven to be lies) by LE and she has not been arrested.
Why would Crystal lie? I am sure she was advised by more than Mark Klaas that this was a distraction from finding HaLeigh.
IMO HaLeigh, Jr., Ron and Misty have become victim's of Crystal and her mother Marie in there effort to gain custody and disolve her obliggation of support to her children.

(BBM - lies have been dismissed . . .)
Good point Ceeker.
The fact that she LIED about it all to take the focus off of Haleigh is the point now. Why? I keep asking this question and I can not buy it was because she feared for Jr. in the care of his father. Now Misty is another story with Crystal and Marie and they have done their best to hang her dirty laundry out and run her over with the rumor bus, but, again lies have been dismissed (proven to be lies) by LE and she has not been arrested.
Why would Crystal lie? I am sure she was advised by more than Mark Klaas that this was a distraction from finding HaLeigh.
IMO HaLeigh, Jr., Ron and Misty have become victim's of Crystal and her mother Marie in there effort to gain custody and disolve her obliggation of support to her children.

PattyG adding this is :eek:fftopic:
texasmommy, could you please clarify what "lies" specifically you're referring to? I don't recall LE, at any time, stating that any information that has come to their attention regarding Misty has been/was proven to be lies - granted she has not been arrested, but that is by means proof in and of itself that they were proven to be lies. If you have a link to this statement by LE dismissing the misc. information about Misty because it was proven to be a lie, I'd appreciate it - TIA.

MOO

PattyG adding this is :eek:fftopic: texasmommy, could you please clarify what "lies" specifically you're referring to? I don't recall LE, at any time, stating that any information that has come to their attention regarding Misty has been/was proven to be lies - granted she has not been arrested, but that is by means proof in and of itself that they were proven to be lies. If you have a link to this statement by LE dismissing the misc. information about Misty because it was proven to be a lie, I'd appreciate it - TIA.

MOO

PattyG adding this post is :eek:fftopic: After almost 6 months it is MO that WS has covered every single lie that has been uttered as truth and I am not going to list for you the obvious. I will offer you this one though Misty hurt, harmed,or killed and hid Haleigh all lies. They have stated she is not a suspect even with her inconsistancies.
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y200...

PattyG adding: :eek:fftopic:
After almost 6 months it is MO that WS has covered every single lie that has been uttered as truth and I am not going to list for you the obvious. I will offer you this one though Misty hurt, harmed,or killed and hid Haleigh all lies. They have stated she is not a suspect even with her inconsistancies.
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y200...

PattyG adding: "Misty is :eek:fftopic: in this thread.
I think it is far too early to say that anyone who thinks Misty could have hurt, harmed, or killed and hid Haleigh is lying. How can it be stated that Marie and Crystal are lying and absolve Misty of everything. How can one know this? We can't with what has been released. I think it is very harsh to be accusing them of lying until we find out what happened to Haleigh.

Lets not start a new thread off by drifting off topic, this is not the Misty thread.

:eek:fftopic:
texasmommy, could you please clarify what "lies" specifically you're referring to? I don't recall LE, at any time, stating that any information that has come to their attention regarding Misty has been/was proven to be lies - granted she has not been arrested, but that is by means proof in and of itself that they were proven to be lies. If you have a link to this statement by LE dismissing the misc. information about Misty because it was proven to be a lie, I'd appreciate it - TIA.

MOO

CS leveled serious abuse allegations against Ron. She said she had witnesses to this abuse, etc. etc. yet DCF, even with the glaring public exposure of this case, could find no abuse. Now I realize that that doesn't neccessarily mean there was no abuse. but then there are CS's inconsistent statements regarding Ron and his potential to abuse Haleigh... this make's me (my opinion) think that perhaps she was being influenced to accuse RC when maybe she really didn't think he ever did anything to Haleigh.

Haleigh Cummings mother, Crystal Sheffield in the interview with Fox news host, Greta Van Susteren on Feb 27th. In the interview, Sheffield changed gears from her earlier description of Ronald Cummings on Geraldo At Large. Sheffield said " When I first got pregnant with Haleigh, he punched me in the back of the head and before then, he was verbal. I mean he was just very abusive". When Geraldo asked "Are you frightened of him even today?" Sheffield repiled "Yes I am...I mean it could get bad enough for him to hurt Haleigh...Um, my cousin, Candice, told me when we got down here for this incident, that, um, he come to her house - it was Ronald, Haleigh, Junior and Misty. And Haleigh bumped into him or smarted off to him and she said he just backhanded her. And she fell flat on her face on the porch". (source)

Friday, Van Susteren interviewed Sheffield about the day Haleigh went missing: "when you spoke to Ronald, what did you ask him" said Susteren, "I did not ask him nothing. He just told me he was sorry and that if he had been home from work, it would not have never happened" replied Sheffield.

"He is a good father, isn't he" asked Susteren.

"Yes. He loves Haleigh. I know Haleigh is his heart, and I do not think he hurt her" said Sheffield.

http://crimesearchersonline.com/ind...ffields-Conflicting-Statements.html&Itemid=60

The last bolded statement was after she had told Geraldo that she thought he could have hurt Haleigh.

Good point Ceeker.

Bumping my own post to again clarify what the point really is and will continue to be.

She knew it was all a lie, but, continued to lie and got an attorney to lie and a PI to lie. Who else has crystal lied to to lie for her? How can lies bring HOME HALEIGH? Why would a mother lie when her child is missing and it is not finding Haleigh?

I don't really see Crystal's comments as "lies." You must factor in education, learning differences, IQ, and just everyday common sense. I see her as confused, not well socialized in conversation with others. I wish she could be asked point blank " Do you
think Ronald would or could injure Haleigh while enraged?"If it was asked of me, I think I would say, yes, he could, but I don't think in everyday ordinary circumstances he would or could. I am saying this and it is merely opinion and speculation, just as trying to guess anyone's intentions in their words. None of these folks are particularly articulate.

I don't really see Crystal's comments as "lies." You must factor in education, learning differences, IQ, and just everyday common sense. I see her as confused, not well socialized in conversation with others. I wish she could be asked point blank " Do you
think Ronald would or could injure Haleigh while enraged?"If it was asked of me, I think I would say, yes, he could, but I don't think in everyday ordinary circumstances he would or could. I am saying this and it is merely opinion and speculation, just as trying to guess anyone's intentions in their words. None of these folks are particularly articulate.

Re what I bolded above. I totally agree with what you're saying and I think it applies to all of them. I think that's where a whole lot of confusion lies in this case for that very reason.

As a former abused woman, I can't count how many times I stated to others that I didn't think my husband would ever hurt me or my children; of course this wasn't true. I said it because I was conditioned to, because this is what the majority of people wanted to hear & I was a people-pleaser, & because my abuser could tell me how much he loved me while he was hurting me at the same time(For example- "How could you tell your sister that I did that to you, you lying *****; you know I'd never hurt you, you stupid ***** *smack, *pop, *slam).....In my state of mind, I believed it. It's hard to understand what goes on inside an abused woman's head if you've never been one; however, pretty much all victims can recant the same experiences & confusion though. Your abuser keeps you in a constant state of confusion & self doubt. Most women who are abused by their partners were abused as children as well & it's all they know; that mind-set is normal for them. My point is, maybe this is why Crystal said at one point that she didn't think Ron would hurt Haleigh. MOO, of course!

]I don't really see Crystal's comments as "lies." You must factor in education, learning differences, IQ, and just everyday common sense. [/B] I see her as confused, not well socialized in conversation with others. I wish she could be asked point blank " Do you

Factoring in all of that she knew they where lies. She claimed Ron didn't and couldn't and then she claims he did and could and posed a continued risk to the children. Does LE use IQ to be a determining factor if someone is lying?

As a former abused woman, I can't count how many times I stated to others that I didn't think my husband would ever hurt me or my children; of course this wasn't true. I said it because I was conditioned to, because this is what the majority of people wanted to hear & I was a people-pleaser, & because my abuser could tell me how much he loved me while he was hurting me at the same time(For example- "How could you tell your sister that I did that to you, you lying *****; you know I'd never hurt you, you stupid ***** *smack, *pop, *slam).....In my state of mind, I believed it. It's hard to understand what goes on inside an abused woman's head if you've never been one; however, pretty much all victims can recant the same experiences & confusion though. Your abuser keeps you in a constant state of confusion & self doubt. Most women who are abused by their partners were abused as children as well & it's all they know; that mind-set is normal for them. My point is, maybe this is why Crystal said at one point that she didn't think Ron would hurt Haleigh. MOO, of course!

I am sorry .. I to was an abused wife for years and had to go into counciling after finally leaving him to gain back everything that he had taken from me... bruises fade and broken bones heal, but, the damage remains. I have and will continue to advocate against abuse when it is commited, but, we have not seen one thing that gives credibility to this statement from Crystal. It is called a lie with out proof.She gives you so little to shout from the roof tops with and no police report, no restraint order EVER no visit to a hospital no pictures of abuse no person has came forward in this family to agree with her other than Marie. Tell me again what did Ron do to her again that she called abusive?
I can not see how anyone gives it a thought after watching Crystal hold and comfort Ron the first day that HaLeigh was found to be missing.
The 911 call is something I will argue that he was a whole lot calmer than I would of been and I would shoot the piece of trash too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288