761 users online (69 members and 692 guests)  

Websleuths News

Dana Point,CA

CA - Cynthia Hernandez, 13, Whittier, 31 July 2009

WHITTIER, Calif. An Amber Alert was issued for a 13-year-old Whittier girl believed to have been abducted by her uncle, who authorities say may be armed.

Whittier police say Cynthia Hernandez was taken by 45-year-old Juan Hernandez after an argument with the girl's mother Friday night.

The suspect is described as 5 feet,10 inches tall, 240 pounds with tattoos of the letter "B" on his left and right upper chest and a tower on his left upper arm. Police say Hernandez has told family members he carries a handgun.

He is believed to be driving a black Chevrolet Silverado pickup, California license 8N84118.

The Carolina's
    WHITTIER -- Police are looking for a 13-year-old girl who was taken from her home by her uncle Friday night.

Authorities issued an Amber Alert for Cynthia Irene Hernandez. Police say the girl's uncle, Juan Cuella Hernandez, took the child from the home in the 6300 block of Pickering Avenue around 7 p.m. after an argument with the girl's mother over child care.

Police say Cynthia is asthmatic and does not have her medication with her.

Juan Hernandez may be armed with a handgun.

Cynthia is Hispanic, 5-11, 240 lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink t-shirt, blue jean shorts, white shoes and brown plastic rim eye glasses.

Juan Hernandez is 45 years-old, 5-10, 240 lbs, with black hair and brown eyes. He was wearing gray slacks and a green long sleeve button up shirt. He has tattoos of the letter "B" on his left and right upper chest and a tower on his left upper arm.

The two may be in a black 1994 Chevrolet Silverado two-door pick-up truck with a California license plate of 8N84118. The vehicle's hood is faded gray.

Anyone with information can contact the Whittier Police Department at (562) 945-8249.

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_12969319 (photo at link)

Okay - I sincerely doubt this young woman is 5'11" and 240 pounds - especially because the uncle weighs 240.... kwim?

An arguement over child care? What does that say too you?

I hope they are found quickly AND IF, I do say IF the arguement was because the Uncle thought mom's childcare was inadequate, I hope the Uncle has the good sense to turn himself in right away. IF this abduction was for any other reason, I pray it was not to harm the girl.

Prayers she is found quickly and returned to authorities for safe keeping!

Here's an article that has pictures of both Cynthia and the Uncle: http://www.salem-news.com/articles/a...ier_8-1-09.php

Here's a video and article with more info: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=6943588

It does say the uncle did not think the mother was providing appropriate care. But is also says the uncle is a parolee, violent and possibly armed. He forced the girl into his truck - meaning she did not want to go with him.

I hope they are found soon!

WHITTIER, Calif. (AP) - A 13-year-old Southern California girl who police say was abducted by her uncle has been returned safely to her family and her uncle is under arrest.

Officer Jason Zuhlke of the Whittier Police Department says Cynthia Hernandez was found Saturday night at about 9 p.m. in San Dimas, about 25 miles from where she went missing Friday night.

Oh! I'm glad she was found and bought home. What an ordeal for her.