Thread: Canada - Ron Yakimchuk & Terry Pettit, Ontario, 1973

Canada - Ron Yakimchuk & Terry Pettit, Ontario, 1973

http://www.theitem.com/article/20090...9980/-1/ITNEWS

A case that has baffled authorities for more than 30 years may finally have a solid lead.

Police in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, sent DNA to Sumter County in February from a young couple who have been missing since 1973.a couple missing since 1973

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bowler For This Useful Post:

WOW! I think the sketch of the female is a very good resemblance, not to sure about the male...How exciting, though!
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angels_Not_Forgotten For This Useful Post:

I can see a resemblance as well....hope something comes of this!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KT Can For This Useful Post:

I'll second that 'WOW'. This is outstanding, and by far the most promising possibility I have seen. Am I wrong in thinking that their names have come up before though? I found the quote from Ron's sister interesting;

"Having seen the pictures, there's no flipping way," she said. "It's just not them."

I can understand how she might feel that way. Hopefully the DNA results will be in soon to provide answers for the families.

Other articles on the disappearance of the Yakimchuks:

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...0-6de963a88f64

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1 (nice photo of couple side-by-side)

Ron & Terry's NAMPN pages;

http://www.nampn.org/cases/yakimchuk_ron.html
    http://www.nampn.org/cases/pettit_terry.html
    Last edited by MaedchenX; 08-03-2009 at 04:55 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaedchenX For This Useful Post:

I thought that was strange as well MaedchenX. I wonder if she told any of the papers why she doesn't believe it's them? I mean the drawings are eerily resembling the couple, maybe not spot on, but surely close enough to get a little excited?
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Angels_Not_Forgotten For This Useful Post:

I'm with the sister. I just don't see a resemblance. Where did the UID in Sumter get all that hair--The Hair Club for Men? Yakimchak was really balding. And that's not a comb over that Jock Doe has.

Terri Pettit's hair looks natural blond. Jane Doe's was described as brown with reddish highlights. If these people turn out to be the mystery couple of Sumter, I'll stop. scratch my head, and say no wonder it took so long to ID these people. Does Terri Pettit have the moles?
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:

hmm ok I was only seeing the one photo of the female fron the side and thought it resembled. I do however still see the guy as looking like the sketch. And IIRC (ill look up and repost) she DOES have moles.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Angels_Not_Forgotten For This Useful Post:

Here is a photo of the two together:
    http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...b-ff5c5eadb915

The man look significantly balder than the John Doe. I do think there is a resemblance between the two couples, but I'm not sure. Didn't a relative of one of them say that she was sure it wasn't them?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. E For This Useful Post:

Ron Yackimchuk had a definite cleft in his chin. Jock Doe does not. On another forum was a post from one of his friends. He said Ron's face was kind of triangular in shape narrower at the chin.

Mr. E, you are right. Ron is significantly balder, and yes, Ron's sister seemed to think the suggestion they were the couple in Sumter was laughable. 'No flipping way, " is how she put it.

Angels, I would love for you to find that info on Terri's moles. I've enlarged the pics I have of her, and don't see any. Maybe on the right side of her face?
    Last edited by justthinkin; 08-04-2009 at 06:43 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:

I thought that was kinda funny.
    Where's Logan Tucker?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to prd2bokie For This Useful Post:

Mazama is offline Family Historian - Amateur Skeleton Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by justthinkin View Post
    I'm with the sister. I just don't see a resemblance. Where did the UID in Sumter get all that hair--The Hair Club for Men? Yakimchak was really balding. And that's not a comb over that Jock Doe has.

Terri Pettit's hair looks natural blond. Jane Doe's was described as brown with reddish highlights. If these people turn out to be the mystery couple of Sumter, I'll stop. scratch my head, and say no wonder it took so long to ID these people. Does Terri Pettit have the moles?
    ITA...although there is a slight resemblance between the males, it's not close enough for me. Terri does not look like the Jane Doe at all IMHO.

Maz

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by justthinkin View Post
    Ron Yackimchuk had a definite cleft in his chin. Jock Doe does not. On another forum was a post from one of his friends. He said Ron's face was kind of triangular in shape narrower at the chin.

Mr. E, you are right. Ron is significantly balder, and yes, Ron's sister seemed to think the suggestion they were the couple in Sumter was laughable. 'No flipping way, " is how she put it.

Angels, I would love for you to find that info on Terri's moles. I've enlarged the pics I have of her, and don't see any. Maybe on the right side of her face?
    I would say there's about a 5% chance that Ron and Terri are Jock and Jane. Ron has a receding hairline. Jock had a head full of hair. And I'm sorry, but I don't see any resemblance between Terri and Jane. The mole hairs on Jane's cheek, though, are a great clue and that makes her very unique. Also, Jock and Jane were white with olive complexion. I'm thinking that they were French Canadian and Mexican. The Mexican jewelry could be a clue. Maybe they were Native American, too. Or one of them was.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to elliottness For This Useful Post:

Has anyone heard any results on this? I think it's a possibility. In the sketch of John Doe, there is a slight shading lower mid-chin which could indicate the possibility of a cleft chin. I also think in the post mortem of John they may have done a 'comb over' on the hair, making it appear differently than Ron wore his hair.
    Last edited by raindrops300; 09-02-2009 at 01:13 AM. Reason: add

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raindrops300 For This Useful Post:

I think that could most definitely be a comb over in the morgue photo!
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie4b1g For This Useful Post:

I just read that they submitted DNA for this potential match in February. Good grief this takes a long time.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angie4b1g For This Useful Post:

Any news back on this yet? TIA.

kpdx is offline Jane Doe was discovered Aug. 14, 1977 outside of Everett WA
    any word on this? ron sure looks like the crime scene photo of jacques...
    'Nothing clears up a case so much as stating it to another person.'

Sherlock Holmes