Submitted Canada - Ron Yakimchuk & Terry Pettit, Ontario, 1973

WOW! I think the sketch of the female is a very good resemblance, not to sure about the male...How exciting, though!

I can see a resemblance as well....hope something comes of this!

I'll second that 'WOW'. This is outstanding, and by far the most promising possibility I have seen. Am I wrong in thinking that their names have come up before though? I found the quote from Ron's sister interesting;

"Having seen the pictures, there's no flipping way," she said. "It's just not them."

I can understand how she might feel that way. Hopefully the DNA results will be in soon to provide answers for the families.

Other articles on the disappearance of the Yakimchuks:

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/news/story.html?id=dd37f781-ebb9-4033-a700-6de963a88f64

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...&prev=/images?q=ron+yakimchuk&hl=en&sa=N&um=1 (nice photo of couple side-by-side)

Ron & Terry's NAMPN pages;

http://www.nampn.org/cases/yakimchuk_ron.html
http://www.nampn.org/cases/pettit_terry.html

I thought that was strange as well MaedchenX. I wonder if she told any of the papers why she doesn't believe it's them? I mean the drawings are eerily resembling the couple, maybe not spot on, but surely close enough to get a little excited?

I'm with the sister. I just don't see a resemblance. Where did the UID in Sumter get all that hair--The Hair Club for Men? Yakimchak was really balding. And that's not a comb over that Jock Doe has.

Terri Pettit's hair looks natural blond. Jane Doe's was described as brown with reddish highlights. If these people turn out to be the mystery couple of Sumter, I'll stop. scratch my head, and say no wonder it took so long to ID these people. Does Terri Pettit have the moles?

Attachments

• Terry_Pettit1.jpg
    Terry_Pettit1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 229
  • l_03f6a2134edab3298d86fa00481bae26.jpg
    l_03f6a2134edab3298d86fa00481bae26.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 176
  • yakimchuk_ron1.jpg
    yakimchuk_ron1.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 221
  • 6-2-John-Doe-Sketch-Photo.jpg
    6-2-John-Doe-Sketch-Photo.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 170
hmm ok I was only seeing the one photo of the female fron the side and thought it resembled. I do however still see the guy as looking like the sketch. And IIRC (ill look up and repost) she DOES have moles.

Ron Yackimchuk had a definite cleft in his chin. Jock Doe does not. On another forum was a post from one of his friends. He said Ron's face was kind of triangular in shape narrower at the chin.

Mr. E, you are right. Ron is significantly balder, and yes, Ron's sister seemed to think the suggestion they were the couple in Sumter was laughable. 'No flipping way, " is how she put it.

Angels, I would love for you to find that info on Terri's moles. I've enlarged the pics I have of her, and don't see any. Maybe on the right side of her face?

I'm with the sister. I just don't see a resemblance. Where did the UID in Sumter get all that hair--The Hair Club for Men? Yakimchak was really balding. And that's not a comb over that Jock Doe has.

Terri Pettit's hair looks natural blond. Jane Doe's was described as brown with reddish highlights. If these people turn out to be the mystery couple of Sumter, I'll stop. scratch my head, and say no wonder it took so long to ID these people. Does Terri Pettit have the moles?

ITA...although there is a slight resemblance between the males, it's not close enough for me. Terri does not look like the Jane Doe at all IMHO.

Maz

Ron Yackimchuk had a definite cleft in his chin. Jock Doe does not. On another forum was a post from one of his friends. He said Ron's face was kind of triangular in shape narrower at the chin.

Mr. E, you are right. Ron is significantly balder, and yes, Ron's sister seemed to think the suggestion they were the couple in Sumter was laughable. 'No flipping way, " is how she put it.

Angels, I would love for you to find that info on Terri's moles. I've enlarged the pics I have of her, and don't see any. Maybe on the right side of her face?
I would say there's about a 5% chance that Ron and Terri are Jock and Jane. Ron has a receding hairline. Jock had a head full of hair. And I'm sorry, but I don't see any resemblance between Terri and Jane. The mole hairs on Jane's cheek, though, are a great clue and that makes her very unique. Also, Jock and Jane were white with olive complexion. I'm thinking that they were French Canadian and Mexican. The Mexican jewelry could be a clue. Maybe they were Native American, too. Or one of them was.

Has anyone heard any results on this? I think it's a possibility. In the sketch of John Doe, there is a slight shading lower mid-chin which could indicate the possibility of a cleft chin. I also think in the post mortem of John they may have done a 'comb over' on the hair, making it appear differently than Ron wore his hair.

I think that could most definitely be a comb over in the morgue photo!

I just read that they submitted DNA for this potential match in February. Good grief this takes a long time. :banghead:

Any news back on this yet? TIA.

any word on this? ron sure looks like the crime scene photo of jacques...

Any updates on them? I see last year they finally entered the DNA from Ron and Terry family members.
I do see some resemblance but what got me was in one of the photos Ron is wearing the watch with the black and silver band.

Attachments

• 2D24A07A-A886-4F71-BEBA-0BA56F0EA89C.png
    2D24A07A-A886-4F71-BEBA-0BA56F0EA89C.png
    380.5 KB · Views: 42
Any updates on them? I see last year they finally entered the DNA from Ron and Terry family members.
I do see some resemblance but what got me was in one of the photos Ron is wearing the watch with the black and silver band.
any update?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back