1277 users online (245 members and 1032 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CO - Jack Koller, 2 mos, fatally abused, Lafayette, 24 July 2009

Lafayette man suspected of dropping, biting infant

Doctors say 2-month-old child has extensive brain damage and may not survive

By John Aguilar

July 27, 2009

LAFAYETTE, Colo. — A 26-year-old Lafayette man arrested Friday on suspicion of child abuse told police he repeatedly shook and smothered his 2-month-old son, dropped him head first on to a changing table and bit the infant, according to an arrest affidavit released Monday.

Benjamin Charles Koller and his common-law wife, 20-year-old Jennifer Schmidt, brought their son, Jack Sebastian Koller, to Louisville’s Avista Adventist Hospital on July 21 with a skull fracture, multiple bruises and bite marks, police said in the affidavit. Jack was non-responsive upon arrival at Avista and was transported to Children’s Hospital in Aurora, where he remained in critical condition Monday.

Doctors told police that Jack has “considerable widespread brain damage” and they had to drain fluid from his brain If he lives, the doctors said, he “may never walk, talk or be able to feed himself.”

They also said the baby had retinal hemorrhaging and bruising behind his left ear, “indicative of being grabbed by the ear.”

Benjamin Koller is being held at the Boulder County Jail in lieu of a $1 million bond, on suspicion of child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury.

More at link.

http://www.coloradodaily.com/news/20...uising-infant/

My beloved Jared
    12/18/83-11/19/84
    Gone too soon by violence.

are you kidding. this is just the most disgusting thing I have ever read! it's so heartbreaking! They should throw the book at BOTH "parents"!
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

A perfectly healthy baby possibly disabled for life by this monster, IF he even lives. That poor poor little baby.

I hope that if the poor baby doesn't make it, the so-called parents are charged with murder and not just child abuse. They are adults and there is no way they didn't know the consequences of their actions.
    Happy New Years

Bumping for baby Jack.

What is wrong with these people?!?!?!? This is a 2 month old BABY! About all a 2 month old baby can do is cry. From the article, it seems Koller has some anger issues. So I'm guessing little Jack's crying set him off. Good grief, if your stressed out or get angry because the baby is crying, put him in the crib and walk away for a few minutes and get yourself under control. Call someone for help. This is just inexcusable, preventable and so very, very sad.

He bit a newborn? Repeatedly shook, smothered and bit a NEWBORN?

Guess he showed that child who was boss.

OMG. A note to MI Judges-THIS is how you treat someone who slaughters an innocent like this...unlike the sentence received by the father who raped and beat his newborn over a period of days. The paper pusher who claimed he was an Iraqi vet...Kirk Coleman, I believe his name is.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Baby expected to die is improving

http://www.timescall.com/news_story.asp?ID=17439

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBear2 View Post
    Baby expected to die is improving

http://www.timescall.com/news_story.asp?ID=17439
    I am so happy to hear that baby Jack is improving. I hope and pray that, despite the odds, he has a full and complete recovery.

From http://www.timescall.com/news_story.asp?ID=17439

According to the affidavit, Koller told investigators that he dropped the baby several times, would bite the baby and shake him to get a reaction when he was unresponsive and had held his hand over the baby’s mouth until he changed color to stifle his cries.
    I'm going to be sick. WTH?!?!? I can't comprehend this POS. I better stop now...

I am a longtime lurker here, but a new poster. I am unsure about quoting news sources, but this baby's story has touched my heart and I am trying my best to keep his thread alive. I received this article from Google News Alert today:

A 26-year-old Lafayette man arrested last week on suspicion of abusing his son told police he repeatedly shook and smothered the 2-month-old, dropped him headfirst onto a changing table and bit the infant, according to an arrest affidavit released Monday.

Benjamin Koller was booked into Boulder County jail Friday on suspicion of child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury after he and the infant's mother, 20-year-old Jennifer Schmidt, brought their son to Avista Hospital in a non-responsive state, police said.

The baby, Jack Sebastian Koller, is in critical condition at Children's Hospital in Aurora with a skull fracture, multiple bruises and bite marks, according to the affidavit.

Doctors told police the boy has "considerable widespread brain damage" and that if he lives, he "may never walk, talk or be able to feed himself."

Benjamin Koller is being held at the Boulder County jail in lieu of $1 million bail.

Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnet said a judge granted his office until Friday to file formal charges against Koller.

"We're carefully reviewing what charges to files," Garnett said Monday. "And we'll have to carefully monitor the condition of the baby."

More at link:

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_12926505

Smile Excellent News to Report!!!

Baby Jack is home with his grandmother!!!!!

LAFAYETTE — Three weeks after Children’s Hospital doctors said 2-month-old Jack Koller was not likely to survive, the infant is being released from the hospital. The boy will be in the temporary custody of his grandmother, Claudia Riggs.

~~~SNIP~~~

On July 23, Children’s Hospital Dr. Antonia Chiesa told investigators large areas of Jack’s brain were damaged, and he would likely not be able to “walk, talk or be able to feed himself, if he lives” and that “chances that he will be normal are quite low,” according to the affidavit.

The infant’s release comes shortly after the child was upgraded from critical to fair condition last week.

According to family members, Jack was taken off a ventilator last week and is doing things a normal baby does. “He smiles, he gurgles, he makes baby noises ... he fusses, he’s breathing on his own beautifully and and he’s able to take a bottle,” reported Susan Beste, Schmidt’s aunt. “It’s a miracle right now at this point that we can take him home.”

http://www.timescall.com/news_story.asp?ID=17478

I hope he continues to improve. I sincerely hope that his brain isn't has damaged as initial reports say it was. I also hope his mother will be able to get the help she needs and be able to become the parent Jack deserves. I say that because if she didn't know Jack's sperm donor was abusing him, she deserves a chance to be a parent to Jack. However, if it comes out that she knew, then she should NEVER have contact with baby Jack.
    Last edited by tezi; 08-10-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: To fix the formatting....

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    This is when I wish we had hard labor prisons. This guy should have to work his butt off in prison everyday for the rest of his life and any money he made should go to the medical care of this innocent child.

What a sick individual!!

I'm so happy for baby Jack! His sperm donor deserves life in prison.

Infant In Lafayette Child Abuse Not Expected To Survive

It looks like Baby Jack has taken a turn for the worse.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...23/detail.html

Oh, no! Baby Jack had gotten better, now he is not expected to live? GB the little guy. I wanted him to do so well.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast