1070 users online (283 members and 787 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,750

    NC - Durham, UID remains in Eno Park, Aug'09 - Jonathan Gardenour

    Last edited by Cubby; 02-06-2011 at 08:10 PM.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com


    Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

    JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

    ~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,333
    So many people are missing in NC (and everywhere else) that it's hard to imagine who this person could be. The first one that popped in my head was Kyle Fleischman.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,750
    mine too lizzybeth! then I immediately thought of all of the children that are missing from my neck of the woods and was stuck on praying that someones family gets an answer and feeling broken FOR the families if it turns out to be their child
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com


    Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

    JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

    ~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    1,670
    i thought about kyle also but he is missing from charlotte and durham is a bit aways. not that someone couldn't have taken him there.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

    stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    5,575
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    So many people are missing in NC (and everywhere else) that it's hard to imagine who this person could be. The first one that popped in my head was Kyle Fleischman.
    I thought of Kyle too. My daughter is an Elon grad and I lived in Charlotte for several years so this case is of interest to me. Too bad there is not more to go on. I know his family would like some answers.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    i thought about kyle also but he is missing from charlotte and durham is a bit aways. not that someone couldn't have taken him there.
    yeah I thought that, too. Maybe i'm just hoping that his family gets their answers soon, probably has nothing to do with this body

    From the article it said badly decomposed could have been in the woods a while, so there really is no telling.

    Anxiously awaiting the to hear the outcome of race/gender/ect...
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com


    Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

    JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

    ~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

  7. #7
    There sure isn't a lot of information in this press release! Makes me wonder if the remains have been there a long time. (like years and years) Has this been added to our "Unidentified" forum? There are many good sleuthers there who dedicate their time to identifying remains.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,750
    I wasn't sure where to put it honestly, thought it may get moved there anyways.

    I'm thinkin its possibly VERY old remains if they can't tell sex or age estimate maybe? Or is that common?
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com


    Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

    JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

    ~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Angels_Not_Forgotten View Post
    I wasn't sure where to put it honestly, thought it may get moved there anyways.

    I'm thinkin its possibly VERY old remains if they can't tell sex or age estimate maybe? Or is that common?
    Yes, I think they must be very old. They usually can tell the sex of the person at least. Or, they may have been dismembered remains...

    I tried to google Durham Park and a lot of mish-mosh came up. Can someone tell me about the park? Would it be unusual to not be able to locate remains that could be decades old?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,750
    All I know is what the article says unfortunatley but they DID say that it was a mostly unused entrance to the park so possibly?
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com


    Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

    JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

    ~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,333
    I would think the remains wouldn't be TOO old. They said the clothes were still there. Could it be possible that they aren't able to identify gender because of animal activity. In a few cases that I've followed closely, I know that animals carry parts away or cause damage to some of the bones.

    Maybe I'm grasping at straws. Kyle's case has always been special to me. He reminds me of my son. I just want his parents to finally know where he is.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    I would think the remains wouldn't be TOO old. They said the clothes were still there. Could it be possible that they aren't able to identify gender because of animal activity. In a few cases that I've followed closely, I know that animals carry parts away or cause damage to some of the bones.

    Maybe I'm grasping at straws. Kyle's case has always been special to me. He reminds me of my son. I just want his parents to finally know where he is.
    I am so unfamiliar with the terrain in that area...But if it is a dry climate, clothes can last for many many years. I would think that if the clothes are in tact in any way, they could figure out the gender of the remains. Perhaps they are keeping things close to the vest for some reason?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,333
    I was thinking about the clothes too but if it's a t-shirt and jeans then it could be for a man or woman. Also, without knowing the person (and I'm not trying to be humorous), the type of clothing found wouldn't necessarily be a determining factor. Men sometimes wear women's clothing and vice versa.

    I wasn't able to find too much about Durham Park either. I did see where someone had posted on yahoo answers that Durham and Charlotte are a little over two hours apart (driving).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    1,065
    This young man was last seen on North Roxboro Rd earlier this year. The road has been mentioned in several of the articles I've read about this discovery, so it seems to be in the same general vicinity:

    http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?se...cal&id=6834786
    ****************************************
    Forever in my heart
    Riley Ann Sawyers aka "Baby Grace" &
    Jose Bernardo Martinez, aka "Beloved Doe" or "Amado Angelito"

    Everything stated above is my own personal opinion, and not a reflection of anyone else's, including any organization which I may be affiliated with or support.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    I was thinking about the clothes too but if it's a t-shirt and jeans then it could be for a man or woman. Also, without knowing the person (and I'm not trying to be humorous), the type of clothing found wouldn't necessarily be a determining factor. Men sometimes wear women's clothing and vice versa.

    I wasn't able to find too much about Durham Park either. I did see where someone had posted on yahoo answers that Durham and Charlotte are a little over two hours apart (driving).
    I'm in Charlotte and can get to Durham in 1 1/2 most of the time, all depending on traffic of course, but the interstate, you'll get passed easy any time of day doing speeds of 80-85.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com


    Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

    JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

    ~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CA CA - Jonathan Barmaki, 27, Buena Park, 30 April 2016
    By los2188 in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-08-2017, 01:48 PM
  2. FL FL - Martin Co., Skeletal Remains, in Jonathan Dickinson SP, Jun'10
    By Sleuthster in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 11:38 PM
  3. WA WA - Jonathan Camacho, 12, Deception Pass State Park, 7 June 2000
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 12:12 AM
  4. 'Royal' remains in car park: all to be revealed
    By zwiebel in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 07:11 AM