Identified! NC - Durham, UID remains in Eno Park, Aug'09 - Jonathan Gardenour

So many people are missing in NC (and everywhere else) that it's hard to imagine who this person could be. The first one that popped in my head was Kyle Fleischman.

mine too lizzybeth! then I immediately thought of all of the children that are missing from my neck of the woods and was stuck on praying that someones family gets an answer and feeling broken FOR the families if it turns out to be their child :(

i thought about kyle also but he is missing from charlotte and durham is a bit aways. not that someone couldn't have taken him there.

So many people are missing in NC (and everywhere else) that it's hard to imagine who this person could be. The first one that popped in my head was Kyle Fleischman.

I thought of Kyle too. My daughter is an Elon grad and I lived in Charlotte for several years so this case is of interest to me. Too bad there is not more to go on. I know his family would like some answers.

i thought about kyle also but he is missing from charlotte and durham is a bit aways. not that someone couldn't have taken him there.

yeah I thought that, too. Maybe i'm just hoping that his family gets their answers soon, probably has nothing to do with this body :(

From the article it said badly decomposed could have been in the woods a while, so there really is no telling.

Anxiously awaiting the to hear the outcome of race/gender/ect...

There sure isn't a lot of information in this press release! Makes me wonder if the remains have been there a long time. (like years and years) Has this been added to our "Unidentified" forum? There are many good sleuthers there who dedicate their time to identifying remains.

I wasn't sure where to put it honestly, thought it may get moved there anyways.

I'm thinkin its possibly VERY old remains if they can't tell sex or age estimate maybe? Or is that common?

I wasn't sure where to put it honestly, thought it may get moved there anyways.

I'm thinkin its possibly VERY old remains if they can't tell sex or age estimate maybe? Or is that common?

Yes, I think they must be very old. They usually can tell the sex of the person at least. Or, they may have been dismembered remains...

I tried to google Durham Park and a lot of mish-mosh came up. Can someone tell me about the park? Would it be unusual to not be able to locate remains that could be decades old?

All I know is what the article says unfortunatley but they DID say that it was a mostly unused entrance to the park so possibly?

I would think the remains wouldn't be TOO old. They said the clothes were still there. Could it be possible that they aren't able to identify gender because of animal activity. In a few cases that I've followed closely, I know that animals carry parts away or cause damage to some of the bones.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws. Kyle's case has always been special to me. He reminds me of my son. I just want his parents to finally know where he is.

I would think the remains wouldn't be TOO old. They said the clothes were still there. Could it be possible that they aren't able to identify gender because of animal activity. In a few cases that I've followed closely, I know that animals carry parts away or cause damage to some of the bones.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws. Kyle's case has always been special to me. He reminds me of my son. I just want his parents to finally know where he is.

I am so unfamiliar with the terrain in that area...But if it is a dry climate, clothes can last for many many years. I would think that if the clothes are in tact in any way, they could figure out the gender of the remains. Perhaps they are keeping things close to the vest for some reason?

I was thinking about the clothes too but if it's a t-shirt and jeans then it could be for a man or woman. Also, without knowing the person (and I'm not trying to be humorous), the type of clothing found wouldn't necessarily be a determining factor. Men sometimes wear women's clothing and vice versa.

I wasn't able to find too much about Durham Park either. I did see where someone had posted on yahoo answers that Durham and Charlotte are a little over two hours apart (driving).

I was thinking about the clothes too but if it's a t-shirt and jeans then it could be for a man or woman. Also, without knowing the person (and I'm not trying to be humorous), the type of clothing found wouldn't necessarily be a determining factor. Men sometimes wear women's clothing and vice versa.

I wasn't able to find too much about Durham Park either. I did see where someone had posted on yahoo answers that Durham and Charlotte are a little over two hours apart (driving).

I'm in Charlotte and can get to Durham in 1 1/2 most of the time, all depending on traffic of course, but the interstate, you'll get passed easy any time of day doing speeds of 80-85.

DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police will return to the scene where human remains were found Sunday in a secluded area at West Point near the Eno River.

The area is located off of North Roxboro Road in the Eno River State Park.

Police believe the remains have been there for a while. They have not said if they are treating the case as a homicide.

There is also no information about the race, sex or age of the person.

Police plan to go through missing persons reports today.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6945236

I wish they would have given at least a general idea of how long the body has been there. 6 months? 5 years? What is "a while"?

So nothing yet on these remains? Hopefully today we will hear something about approximate age and sex as well as how long remains might have been there.

The link in the OP is gone but this one's been identified.

JonathanGardenour-140x165.jpg

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/5713481/
Durham, N.C. — Durham police are investigating after human remains were discovered Sunday in a wooded area near West Point on the Eno Park.

Shortly before 6 p.m., a man flagged down a patrol officer and said he found remains in the woods off of North Roxboro Road.

Posted: August 25, 2009
Durham, N.C. — Police have identified human remains found three weeks ago in a wooded area near West Point on the Eno Park as those of a missing Durham man.

Jonathan Richard Gardenour, 27, was last seen walking near a Kroger supermarket on North Roxboro Road on March 31. He was reported missing two days later.
http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/5864277/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back