Slow page loading

Snick1946

Reaction score
Is there some way you can modify the long announcment that is now appearing at the top of the page @ time? I refer to the announcment of the Georgia event. This adds quite a bit to the loading time for each page and slows down my use of your site considerably. Why does it have to head every page?

Thanks, but I am not getting any red X's. Yes I got them exactly once a couple days ago, usually not.
I still don't see why this has to be on @ page.

First, I am not trying to argue with you nor am I questioning the value of the announcement. For some of us who browse your site on older computers this is adding to the load time for each page.
This blurb is still showing every time I go on here. If you are showing it isn't then I guess I am seeing something that is not there- it was showing again this morning when I went on.
Sorry to have bothered you.
Let's drop this.

First, I am not trying to argue with you nor am I questioning the value of the announcement. For some of us who browse your site on older computers this is adding to the load time for each page.
This blurb is still showing every time I go on here. If you are showing it isn't then I guess I am seeing something that is not there- it was showing again this morning when I went on.
Sorry to have bothered you.
Let's drop this.

Forgive my intrusion here but Snick1946 the blurb will show if you are not signed on to WS. So prior to signing in the blurb will be there and if lurking the blurb will be there. Hope this will help. :blowkiss:

Thought I would add a comment ... After my last Windows automatic update, I noticed it was taking forever to load pages. I was also getting a "hungapp" error and the pages would have to close, wasn't just this site, either. I started using Firefox instead of IE7 or whatever crappy version they are currently offering. POOF, :cool: slowness and hungapp errors are gone! My desktop is an older computer, so I think this might help your issue Snick (assuming you are not using FF). :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back