949 users online (190 members and 759 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MN - Lakesha Victor, 10, disabled, starved to death, Hinckley, 20 Aug 2006

Minn. Mom Accused of Starving Disabled Daughter

Monday, August 03, 2009

SANDSTONE, Minn. — A Minnesota woman has been charged with starving to death her developmentally disabled 10-year-old daughter, who used a feeding tube to gain nourishment.

In a complaint signed by a judge on Friday, Ludusky Sue Hotchkiss, 29, of Sandstone, was charged in Pine County District Court with second-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in the death of her daughter, Lakesha Victor.

Authorities say a sibling found Lakesha dead on Aug. 20, 2006, at the family's home in nearby Hinckley, about 80 miles north of Minneapolis. It was not clear from the complaint why it took three years to file charges, and the county prosecutor's office did not return an after-hours phone message Monday.

Lakesha had cerebral palsy, autism and a seizure disorder. An autopsy found the girl died from malnutrition and dehydration, and the complaint says she also had pneumonia.

More at link..
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

Poor little thing. This link has a photo of Lakesha. What a darling angel. I've read of few cases of disabled children being starved and neglected to their demise. Heartbreaking.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/n...august_03_2009

Guess i'm confused, can someone help me understand how STARVING a child, which takes weeks, isn't premeditated?
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Wasn't there anyone else in this little darlings life that noticed that something wasn't right? Why didn't anyone step up and do something? I really hope this mother gets the maximum sentence allowed.
    Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    Wasn't there anyone else in this little darlings life that noticed that something wasn't right? Why didn't anyone step up and do something? I really hope this mother gets the maximum sentence allowed.
    I am puzzled as well-there must have been other caregivers or medical personnel who wondered where this child was?

There is a bigger story here-It looks like the mom "euthanized" her child, which is why the charges are not first degree I suspect.

(Believe says this ducking her head...)

I am not saying it was right or wrong, but there is a bigger story here and a reason the prosecutor is going to give judge/jury a shot at the manslaughter charges listed as well...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I am puzzled as well-there must have been other caregivers or medical personnel who wondered where this child was?

There is a bigger story here-It looks like the mom "euthanized" her child, which is why the charges are not first degree I suspect.

(Believe says this ducking her head...)

I am not saying it was right or wrong, but there is a bigger story here and a reason the prosecutor is going to give judge/jury a shot at the manslaughter charges listed as well...
    I kinda get it but wow what a painful way to go
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

That's horrible, no words for it =(
    They need to arrest the man who was supposed to be her nurse attendant as well. (article stated he & the mother planned to split the money since he wasn't caring for the girl). Its obvious he may have been witness to what the mother was doing!
    Thank God they are charging the egg donor of a mother!
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

-J. Edgar Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by Angels_Not_Forgotten View Post
    I kinda get it but wow what a painful way to go
    Agreed, well maybe, I guess. I do not know how much she was able to discern, which does not make this decision the right one for her.

If there was a "for profit" motive, then I think they would have no trouble at all receiving a first degree conviction....so now I am confused.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Agreed, well maybe, I guess. I do not know how much she was able to discern, which does not make this decision the right one for her.

If there was a "for profit" motive, then I think they would have no trouble at all receiving a first degree conviction....so now I am confused.
    I'm heartbroken but interested to see how this pans out
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

Mom pleads guilty in daughter's starvation death

PINE CITY, Minn. - A 30-year-old mother has pleaded guilty to second-degree manslaughter in what Minnesota prosecutors say was the starvation death of her 10-year-old daughter.

Court records show Ludusky Sue Hotchkiss, of Sandstone, Minn., faces four years in prison in a plea deal entered Thursday in Pine County District Court

http://www.verizon.net/newsroom/port...ef=articlePage

4 lousy years. 1, 2, 3, 4. Nice to know you can starve a child to death and be out in a couple years to have more.

took them 3 years to even charge her.

lazy

Four years doesn't begin to equal the pain Lakesha went through. Immense hunger is painful. Starving to death is painful.

I'm so sorry you went through this, sweet baby Lakesha. I'm also sorry she who is responsible received what can be called a slap on the wrist. Fly with the angels, baby. You will know no more pain or suffering.

so that's it? i mean, no other charges they can stick her with? nothing they can do? it's seen as fair and just? wow
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

They are apparently seeking to charge Lakesha's caretaker as well, but as far as I can tell they haven't found him yet. Ti-Heim Darrien Coston was the brother of Ludusky's ex-boyfriend and was paid by the state to provide care for Lakesha. He apparently had a deal set up with Ludusky to not provide care, but she signed his time slips and split the revenue. I have been unable to find any sentencing information on Ludusky, though she was supposed to be sentenced in June. It is unbelivable that she has not been charged with fraud as well. They let her plead down to 2nd degree Manslaughter, when clearly it was a premeditated murder. The expected sentence is 4 years, although she could be sentenced up to 10 years under the plea deal.

4 years? What Judge gave her 4 years? I'm so mad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast