sites similar to ancestry.com

morf13

Ver. Insider Golden State Killer & Zodiac Killer
Reaction score
i am looking for sites similar to ancestry.com,but without the $20 monthly fee-thats too steep for me,but i still want to find one that has good and thorough info like ancestry.com

Any ideas?

www.familysearch.org is completely free and they are adding new records all the time. Also, check with your local library. Many have ancestry free for use on site. I get Heritage Quest access free from my home through my local library.

Familysearch.org is the LDS church's website. There are local LDS offices for genealogical research across the country. They are open to all and most services are free of charge. I think they might charge a small amount if they order microfilm, etc. to be shipped to their site for your use.

Good Luck! Genealogy has been addictive for me. I do have an ancestry.com subscription and have found it quite useful. My situation is a bit different in that I am not able to go to the nearest LDS center to research and I live in a rural area where there is less available to me through the library, etc. than there would be in a larger or more metropolitan area.

Thanks guys

i am looking for sites similar to ancestry.com,but without the $20 monthly fee-thats too steep for me,but i still want to find one that has good and thorough info like ancestry.com

Any ideas?

HI Morf13,

I recommend trying http://www.myheritage.com if you want to start up a family tree. It is free as well and after you start entering ancestors you will get email to other folks that have smart matches with you ancestors. It is very similar to Family Tree Maker but this one you can add photgraphs of you family and ancestors. Don't worry about your living family being displayed to public, the only person to see the living is you.

I hope this helps.
Happy Hunting
Lil'E

morf I love your quote, now why didn't I think of that? lol

Clint Eastwood is my fav. and I bet I have heard that line 500 times.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back