TV Journalist's Laura Ling and Euna Lee Pardoned!

Thrs0806

Reaction score
Mods - I looked for a thread about this topic before I started a new one - Only found one in the parking lot...Please merge (delelte) if needed.

I am so excited about the new these 2 Journalists have been released!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

I must also say that Bill Clinton still has it!!:clap::clap::clap:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/08/04/nkorea.clinton/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

With the news we are about it get from Idaho, I thought we could all use some good news.

N. Korea says 2 U.S. journalists will be freed

Announcement of pardon comes after Bill Clinton meets with Kim Jong Il

msnbc.com news services
updated 19 minutes ago

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has pardoned two jailed American journalists and ordered their release following an unannounced meeting with former President Bill Clinton, the North's state media said early Wednesday.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32277010/ns/world_news-asiapacific/?GT1=43001

Yes, I woke up to that news this morning, and posted it on the PP.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WOMEN, THEIR FAMILIES, AND TO BILL CLINTON FOR NEGOTIATING THIS!!!

Isn't that great! - looks like there are two threads on this.

I agree; Clinton is cool.

Looks like we were both posting the news at the same time! I just posted this too... Maybe the mods can combine the threads.

It is wonderful news. We don't get to talk about alot of good news here on WS's.

Thank goodness! They and their families must be so happy and relieved.

I've never liked Bill Clinton, but I sure give him props for having the courage to go to North Korea and get this done.

I'm happy that these girls are coming home to their families,BUT they had no business being there in the first place.

another miracle! They best kiss the American soil! and stay here!

another miracle! They best kiss the American soil! and stay here!

That is what my granddaughter said! She is in the USAF (Security Forces) and her first overseas tour was Osan AFB outside of Seoul (sp.), South Korea.

She seemed to think that these two knew they were venturing too far because the demarcation line is well known.

I am so very glad these two are on their way home also. Just like you, tho, my GD says they should kiss American soil and stay out of Korea!

So should the headline for this story be "Bill Clinton picks up two attractive women"? :)

I'm going to have to re-think my position on Bill. He has so many! ;)
Oh, And I'm so happy the girls are coming home!!

They're enroute on the plane with Clinton now...I'm thrilled!

A sight for sore eyes!

g-cvr-090804-clinton_journos-545p.h2.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32277010/ns/world_news-asiapacific

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton urged North Korea last month to grant them amnesty, saying they were remorseful and their families were anguished by their detention.

Thank you Bill and Hillary!!! Now, if we can get our Armed Forces home soon...life will be grand!

I am very glad that they are returning home to their families. Without a doubt, honestly and sincerely.

I want to know what Jong Il got out of the release? He has no great love for the USA, he is quite vocal in his disapproval of USA, so what was given or traded for the release of these reporters? He sure didn't do it for a warm fuzzy~ on that I'd bet my bottom dollar.

A sight for sore eyes!

g-cvr-090804-clinton_journos-545p.h2.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32277010/ns/world_news-asiapacific

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton urged North Korea last month to grant them amnesty, saying they were remorseful and their families were anguished by their detention.

Thank you Bill and Hillary!!! Now, if we can get our Armed Forces home soon...life will be grand!
Yes!! Thank you President Clinton, SOS Clinton, and President Obama!! I know their families must be truly grateful for their release and return from Hell.

Regardless of what you think of Bill Clinton (personally I was always a fan) today you just gotta love Bill. :blowkiss:

So happy for the Lee and Ling families! :)

I am very glad that they are returning home to their families. Without a doubt, honestly and sincerely.

I want to know what Jong Il got out of the release? He has no great love for the USA, he is quite vocal in his disapproval of USA, so what was given or traded for the release of these reporters? He sure didn't do it for a warm fuzzy~ on that I'd bet my bottom dollar.

I think Kim Jong Il got a little more than a paper star on his forehead for this
prisoner release.

That said - I am very glad that they are home. They would have died there
had they not been released.

Earthling

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members