Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 643
  1. #1
    Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    72,857

    Who was George Brody?- Part 2.

    Please continue here.

    That last thread was getting a bit long, I'll go ahead and ask the mods to lock the last one.

    Link to part 1.
    Who was George Brody? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community



    Thanks! Cubby
    Last edited by KateB; 04-10-2015 at 02:04 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


    Websleuths Resource Center

    Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,439
    Thanks, Cubby.
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Doogie For This Useful Post:


  5. #3

    The Last Hour

    I am trying to go thru the last hour Anna spent with her family at the farm, the folks visiting, the school bus, Anna going out the back door, playing in the front lawn ...........just in time to be snatched away. It seems impossible, coincidental to me that with all those visitors there that day, that was THE day, someone was in the neighbourhood spying on the farm waiting for Anna. Whoever did this, was pretty brave to take her then get her in a car without any noise whatsoever.

    I know we've gone thru the scenerio a million times. IF and only IF Anna is not with us how in heck did they hide her? Where? I find that thought mind boggling. For this reason alone, I continue to believe in my heart that Anna was given to someone one of the George's knew, either a patient of GW's, an acquaintance of GB's? The problem is WHO would just accept a child at age five? Anna could talk, understand alot at that age.


    Of course the other option is a complete stranger abduction but it seems to farfetched considering the Box from Hell notes...

    Gosh, I've googled 'found boots in CA', found child's levi's in HMB... I am trying to open up a topic perhaps we've missed somehow.

    Best to all ~


  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SideKick For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,439
    One of the reasons that Annasmom and I distributed flyers to the current residents of Purissima Creek Road is to examine this possibility. Someone may have found some article of clothing of Anna's years later and not known of Anna's disappearance or not made the connection. No one came forward with any information.

    (BTW: In your search, you may find that a skull washed up on a HMB beach several years later, but I have discussed this with the SMCSO and it is not Anna.)
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte


  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Doogie For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    72,857
    Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    For this reason alone, I continue to believe in my heart that Anna was given to someone one of the George's knew, either a patient of GW's, an acquaintance of GB's? The problem is WHO would just accept a child at age five? Anna could talk, understand alot at that age.

    ~

    Respectfully snipped. I've given this scenario a great deal of thought. The two Georges were pretty convincing. GB was a 'pro' at conning people, and convincing them of whatever odd thoughts or beliefs. I think it would have been quite easy for GB to prey upon both GW, and 'someone' to convince them Anna belonged in a better home. Thus convincing someone to take her at age 5. Had they believed that 'story' the person who 'accepted' Anna, could have brainwashed her to believe that story as well. It always leaves me wondering what GB's beliefs were about a child being raised without their biological father. What were GB's thoughts on the family living on the bus for the time they did? IIRC, the contact GW had to send the child support was Anna's maternal grandmother during the family's travels, if they were aware of the family traveling.

    I have another thought, but it belongs on the general thread so will add it there.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


    Websleuths Resource Center

    Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing


  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh currently, but Wales is where my home always is
    Posts
    193
    The woman from Georges past (Margaret), has her grave been located and checked do you know? I just cant shake the feeling that maybe Anna's buried there, maybe a sacrafice or in the black magic sense maybe to bring magaret back. I know its probably a ridiculous thought and i pray everytime i have it that Anna is still with us and has had a happy life, but when reading what you guys have written on these two men this thought just wont go away.


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SarahR For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie View Post
    One of the reasons that Annasmom and I distributed flyers to the current residents of Purissima Creek Road is to examine this possibility. Someone may have found some article of clothing of Anna's years later and not known of Anna's disappearance or not made the connection. No one came forward with any information.

    (BTW: In your search, you may find that a skull washed up on a HMB beach several years later, but I have discussed this with the SMCSO and it is not Anna.)
    Doogie, thanks, perhaps another shot at reminding the community what happened will spark that one person to come forward. It doesn't mean you're efforts didn't affect anyone at the time, if anyone in that area did recall anything, with another flyer distribution or similar idea, they may think ... 'OH YEAH'! ok, I do remember ...bla bla bla. Just a thought but I don't know what can be done. Any ideas? I would really lo
    ve to see something else happen in this regard.

    SideKick


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to SideKick For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,545
    I've read and read and read here but I still don't understand how George Waters became so smitten by GB or when it happened or how Annasmom realized it or how it began to influence their lives while Anna was still present? Just a brief summary would do please for someone who is just catching up and trying to understand!

    : )


  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pink Panther For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    I've read and read and read here but I still don't understand how George Waters became so smitten by GB or when it happened or how Annasmom realized it or how it began to influence their lives while Anna was still present? Just a brief summary would do please for someone who is just catching up and trying to understand!

    : )
    Pink Panther, the summary at www.searchingforanna.com is about the best I can do. There were psychological issues in all this which I am not really qualified to diagnose.


  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Annasmom For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    Pink Panther, the summary at www.searchingforanna.com is about the best I can do. There were psychological issues in all this which I am not really qualified to diagnose.
    Thanks so much for answering Annasmom. I will keep reading!


  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pink Panther For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,545
    I have been reading a lot here and will continue to do so. I have a few questions that I have been unable to find answers for...Please forgive me if they have already been asked.

    Did the police ever question GW and GB? If so, what was the result? Did they both have alibis for the time-period during which Anna was taken? Did they find out anything about WHO GB was? Didn't the mere fact that GB doesn't/didn't have a SS number raise their suspicions???

    Also - Is there a thread on Margaret? A specific link as to where to find more information on her? Do we know how she and GW met, under what circumstances they came to California, etc...

    I'm sure that this information has been covered and don't want to take up too much time but would really appreciate some help with these questions.


  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pink Panther For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    I have been reading a lot here and will continue to do so. I have a few questions that I have been unable to find answers for...Please forgive me if they have already been asked.

    Did the police ever question GW and GB? If so, what was the result? Did they both have alibis for the time-period during which Anna was taken? Did they find out anything about WHO GB was? Didn't the mere fact that GB doesn't/didn't have a SS number raise their suspicions???

    Also - Is there a thread on Margaret? A specific link as to where to find more information on her? Do we know how she and GW met, under what circumstances they came to California, etc...

    I'm sure that this information has been covered and don't want to take up too much time but would really appreciate some help with these questions.
    Pink Panther, GW was questioned by the police and had an alibi for the time Anna disappeared. GB was not questioned; the police had no reason to believe he was connected to the case. I thought there was a thread on Margaret, but I don't find it. Down at the bottom of the thread topics, however, there is one which says "When did George meet Margaret" or something like that, and there are three pages...so that may have the information you want.

    Thank you for your good questions.


  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annasmom For This Useful Post:


  25. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,545
    Did GB ever talk about where he was from? Or places that he had travelled to? Annasmom, have you never had an intuition about his heritage? I think you've said that you thought he was American but given his age, it's likely he had emigrated from somewhere.

    I'm not sure why but my instincts hit on Hungary, former Yugoslavia/Serbia, Austria and Germany. These locations show up a lot in links while trying to research him and various bits and pieces that GW wrote about.

    Just trying to pick your brain.

    Am I out to lunch here and simply re-hashing old territory? It's hard to tell 'cause I seem to be all alone! (Just you and me.)

    : (


  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pink Panther For This Useful Post:


  27. #14
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    Did GB ever talk about where he was from? Or places that he had travelled to? Annasmom, have you never had an intuition about his heritage? I think you've said that you thought he was American but given his age, it's likely he had emigrated from somewhere.

    I'm not sure why but my instincts hit on Hungary, former Yugoslavia/Serbia, Austria and Germany. These locations show up a lot in links while trying to research him and various bits and pieces that GW wrote about.

    Just trying to pick your brain.

    Am I out to lunch here and simply re-hashing old territory? It's hard to tell 'cause I seem to be all alone! (Just you and me.)

    : (
    I know what you mean, but actually there are WSers reading this, even if they're not posting at the moment. Your instinct about origins would certainly be borne out by all the correspondence with "Seka" in Yugoslavia, and GB's written references to the Danube. However, I had no reason whatsoever to believe that he was anything other than American-born, and I do not believe he had actually traveled outside the U.S.


  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Annasmom For This Useful Post:


  29. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,545
    Regarding your inquiries about a possible passport for Anna...Did you ever get any information? Why wouldn't you be privy to this kind of information - being her mother??? I'm quite confused about this. Didn't you and GW have joint custody? If so, why wouldn't you be allowed access to such important information given that you daughter is missing?

    Forgive my anger in my questioning. It's not aimed at you but at whatever bureaucratic hiccup could create such a scenario!


  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Pink Panther For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody, Part 2
    By Dr. Doogie in forum Anna Christian Waters
    Replies: 435
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 11:34 PM
  2. Who was George Brody?
    By Dr. Doogie in forum Anna Christian Waters Discussion Threads
    Replies: 717
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 12:15 AM
  3. ABC producer paid for George, Cindy Anthony to stay at the Ritz Part 2
    By Tricia in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 07:22 PM
  4. Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody and/or Associates
    By Dr. Doogie in forum Anna Christian Waters Discussion Threads
    Replies: 866
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 08:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •