Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Awesome work Odyssey! I think when you make it to the Oakland Library, it would be a good idea to track MK's addresses between the time she started working at Letterman until her death. That should give us a good indication when she met GB and I am gonna guess that might coincide with the time GB fell off the radar and started putting everything in MK's name and address.

I'm wondering now how the junior research assistant might coincide with GB picketing. IF he were not a barber, since his listed profession with the voting registration is listed as junior research assistant, what kind of positing might that be within a union? I'll admit having too many white collar workers in the family I really have limited knowledge about unions.

Any ideas?

I will ask my sister over the weekend about the Union stuff and what she can offer in the way of direction and will call/email Monday. I am too swamped today.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    It may not be too soon to inquire about the TWA index again as it has been two years. Perhaps they are indexed now.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Awesome work Odyssey! I think when you make it to the Oakland Library, it would be a good idea to track MK's addresses between the time she started working at Letterman until her death. That should give us a good indication when she met GB and I am gonna guess that might coincide with the time GB fell off the radar and started putting everything in MK's name and address.

I'm wondering now how the junior research assistant might coincide with GB picketing. IF he were not a barber, since his listed profession with the voting registration is listed as junior research assistant, what kind of positing might that be within a union? I'll admit having too many white collar workers in the family I really have limited knowledge about unions.

Any ideas?

I will ask my sister over the weekend about the Union stuff and what she can offer in the way of direction and will call/email Monday. I am too swamped today.
    My guess (and only speculation) is that MK met GB around 1960 - maybe a bit earlier. I'm saying this because that is when Margaret Kukoda became "Mary Kay".

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Odyssey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    I have tried to put together a timeline on Brody and Waters and other significant events. This will help me when I go search the city directories but thought it might be useful to others as well. Please let me know if i missed anything pertinent.

1936 - Oakland GB is registered to vote, listed at 483 9th St Oakland, salesman
    1938-1940 - Oakland GB is registered to vote, listed at 534 12th St Oakland (Hotel St Paul?), jr research assistant
    1941 - Oakland GB is picketing for AFL Barber's Union, gets punched, calls police, goes to court. GB's address listed in news article as 1724 San Pablo Ave.
    August 1942 - Oakland GB is registered to vote, listed at 1724 San Pablo Ave. Jr Research Assistant
    November 1942 - Oakland GB is registered to vote, listed at 2329 San Pablo Ave, Jr Research Assistant
    1943 - MK starts working at Letterman Hospital
    1944 - Oakland GB registered to vote, listed at 2329 San Pablo Ave, Jr Research Assistant
    1952 - MK arrested
    1953 - MK listed twice in SF City Directory: on Fell St (may be listed as K M Berghald) and at 1925 Fulton #5 (nurse)
    1957 - MK listed at 3009 Mission St SF (agt Stroll-O-Matic)
    1958 - MK listed at 3019 Mission St SF (Oriental & French Imports)
    1958 - EW known to be in SF
    1960 - "Mary Kay" listed at 3141 Franklin #4
    1961-1963 "Mary Kay" listed at 1006 Noe St #3
    1962 - GB was at 1006 Noe by this time according to statement from landlord
    1966 - Mary M Kay (wid of John) listed at 1006 Noe #3 occ-"Better Fashion Home"
    Aug 1966 - GB visits MK at SFGH (Jessie Evans of 88 6th St also at hospital)
    May 1967 - Insurance premium notice for MK "Mary Kay" addressed to GB at Otis Hotel (at 1156 Sutter) <--note this is the address EW knew GB to live at
    July 1966-January 1967 - Rent payments for 1006 Noe were made by MK
    July 1967 - Rent payment for 1006 Noe made by GB
    Aug 19 1967 - GB writes statement indicating hospital demanded financial statements from MK
    Aug 30 1967 - MK dies at age 50
    1967 - Annasmom meets GB
    Early 1968 - GW last visit to Anna
    Oct 1968 - GW writes letter to German embassy
    Feb 1969 - GW writes letter to wife of German leader
    Aug 1970 - GW requests ephemeris for 1939 and 1947 (Sigrid) mentioning date 7/15/71
    Mar 1971 - GW buys camera (later reported stolen)
    May 1971 - GW makes note to contact BMW re: will
    Sep 1971 - GW indicates he is planning a vacation
    Sep 19 1971 - GW books R/T flight to Chicago/Central Wisconsin
    Mar 1972 - GW returns binoculars??? (see Mar 1973)
    May 1972 - GW begins taking out accidental death policies
    Dec 1972 - last child support payment is made by GW
    Jan 16 1973 - Anna disappears
    Jan 1973 - TWA plane ticket appears to have been purchased, est ticket cost $500
    Mar 1973 - Gw returns binoculars?? (see Mar 1972)
    Sep 1976 - GB writes letter to Seka, addresses her as "Little Tito", leaves a phone number where she can reach him from 10pm-1045pm 474-3717
    Nov 1976 - GB writes letter to Seka's parents
    Dec 1976 - GB writes letter to Seka warning her not to alienate him
    Jan 1977 - GW writes note dictated by GB "I did her a favor by accepting her.." (Seka)
    Jan 1977 - GB writes letter to Seka
    Jan 1977 - GB writes 2nd letter to Seka accusing her of betraying him, mentions her place of work and "Mike".
    July 1978 - "Mr George" receives postcard from Seka
    1978 - Jessie Evans dies
    Apr 28 1981 - "George Bee" checks into Childrens Hospital
    May 5 1981 - "George Bee" is released from Hospital
    Aug 1981 - GW writes note about preparing when ready to go - "Arrange power of attorney, make final arrangements on policies, notary, fingerprints, etc"
    Dec 20 1981 - GW calls Griffin Institute in San Diego
    Dec 24 1981 - GW makes 7 minute call to Martinez number (anesthesiologist?)
    Dec 24 1981 - GB dies.
    Dec 24 1981 - GW makes lengthy call to EW
    Dec 28 1981 - GW contacts Law Offices of Martin Dean
    Jan 1982 - GW dies
    Dec 1992 - EW dies in San Mateo County
    This is a really amazing timeline. The only thing I can think to add is the date MK lost her nurse's license. I'm not sure when that was, but at one point I got the date from a nurse's registry, and there was a newspaper article about it. It may be under the Margaret thread.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Annasmom For This Useful Post:

Does anyone think I should make the GB timeline a sticky at the top of the forum? If so let me know and I will copy and post it as a sticky so it doesn't get buried.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

It might be helpful to make it a sticky. I would also add to it "Late 1972 - 'The Plan' note is written."
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Doogie For This Useful Post:

I thought there had been some paper where GW wrote "ACE - MISSING" but I couldn't find it. Does anyone else remember that?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Odyssey For This Useful Post:

Does anyone think I should make the GB timeline a sticky at the top of the forum? If so let me know and I will copy and post it as a sticky so it doesn't get buried.
    Great idea!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annasmom For This Useful Post:

I will make it a sticky and leave it an open thread so it can be updated as we find additional information.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    I thought there had been some paper where GW wrote "ACE - MISSING" but I couldn't find it. Does anyone else remember that?
    That was on a ledger he kept for child support payments that he kept in the BFH. The last entry said "ACE lost".
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Doogie For This Useful Post:

I will make it a sticky and leave it an open thread so it can be updated as we find additional information.
    Great. Let's all self-police and only post updates to the timeline there. Any discussion of the info on the timeline should be done in the other appropriate threads with a link back to the timeline if necessary.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Doogie For This Useful Post:

Was looking into the address of 2329 San Pablo Ave where GB was listed (found that address was the Open Door Church) So started searching Open Door Church and found this... could be the same place

YOUNG PEOPLE HOLD SERVICE AT MISSION (Jan 8 1941)

The young people of the Mission Covenant Church were in charge of the service at the Open Door Mission in Oakland on Monday evening. Contributions toward food for the men at the mission were received by the young people at the church last Sunday.

and...

Invitation was extended the council to attend a meeting to be held at the headquarters of the American Federation of Labor, 2111 Webster St., Oakland, at 8pm tomorrow night, at which time speakers will discuss the transportation problem as it affects the San Francisco Bay Bridge and East Bay cities. It was voted that as many members of council as possible will attend.... (skipping nonrelevant stuff) .....Rev. Raymond A. Williams, pastor of the Open Door Church, requested permission to use the building at 2327-2329 San Pablo Ave for church purposes. The request was referred to the planning commission for recommendation.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Odyssey For This Useful Post:

Ugh, I keep hitting the wrong button to quote. (so if you see todays date that I edited a post, I did not, it was just my hitting edit instead of quote. I haven't had enough coffee yet.)

Thanks Ozzie. It's a long shot, but since it appears Lydia was never able to legally establish paternity of her son I took a guess based on the time frame and location perhaps Brody is her illegitimate son. Of course that could be totally wrong.... it just jumped out at me for some reason. And Brody strikes me as the kind of person that would have been angry about that and stayed angry about a father not acknowledging him.
    This was an easy one. Lydia's son David Jennings Baird Jr was killed in a plane crash in June 1929, aged 22, so he is not GB.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OzzieMum For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie View Post
    That was on a ledger he kept for child support payments that he kept in the BFH. The last entry said "ACE lost".
    ~ Maybe just me, but I find this very interesting GW wrote 'lost'. I wish I would have a lightbulb moment with this one, but nothing is coming to mind at the moment.
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SideKick For This Useful Post:

I have copied raf's post below from the "Who was George Brody" thread as it seems to have been overlooked, and I think, because of the resemblance, he should be ruled out and I can't see that he has been.

Hi all, sorry for my english... from some months I following this search... I find it by web... maybe I can give a little help from my far country.... I thinked so much abt this story....
    well I wish to ask annasmom:
    please to see this
    http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/1...plicantdo1.jpg

what you think? this descriptions, of same man in different ages, it could be adaptable to George Brody?
    and this picture of same man, when young, give to you some idea ??
    http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/9484/unknownlu5.jpg
    http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/6439/unknow1zm4.jpg
    I read all I found on internet abt this case and frankly my heart is with your heart dear annasmom...
    Please to see very well the images ... just a bit of help...
    best regards, raf

I have been studying the photos of the man in the passport photo and the one's of GB, both younger and older, and apart from the resemblance, I have noticed that all GB's facial features appear to be the opposite of the man in the passport photo eg; the raised eyebrows are on opposite sides and also the part in the hair, the turn in the nose, the slight downturn of the mouth and even the ears. Could the passport photo have been reversed somehow?

If you do a side by side you will see what I mean. You will need to use both photo's of GB to compare all the features as he is wearing glasses in the younger photo.

raf,

What was the name of the man in the passport photo? And where did you find it. I can't find that info anywhere.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OzzieMum For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast