1076 users online (219 members and 857 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I found this listing on the Charley Project site. I know it's a long shot but the story of this fellows disappearance is so odd that it caught my attention and made me think of GB:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ld_andrew.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    I found this listing on the Charley Project site. I know it's a long shot but the story of this fellows disappearance is so odd that it caught my attention and made me think of GB:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ld_andrew.html
    We did look at this possibility a few years ago, but have nothing concrete to go with.

Regarding your inquiries about a possible passport for Anna...Did you ever get any information? Why wouldn't you be privy to this kind of information - being her mother??? I'm quite confused about this. Didn't you and GW have joint custody? If so, why wouldn't you be allowed access to such important information given that you daughter is missing?

Forgive my anger in my questioning. It's not aimed at you but at whatever bureaucratic hiccup could create such a scenario!
    The passport has been a frustrating issue here. Apparently because Anna is now of adult age, Annasmom can not access that information herself due to privacy acts. Which makes no sense whatsoever - since the child wwent missing...... LE, CAN simply send a letter on their letterhead requesting this information. Apparently Annasmom, had sent a handwritten letter to the detective currently assigned to Anna's case requesting he do so. As far as I know he never replied to her- whether he did or not.

Perhaps with the renewed interest in cold cases in the bay area. Det. Giletti (sp?) would take 10 minutes of his time and compose a letter requesting this information. I realize LE is short staffed, and they have current cases to work on, but FGS this case is still open, even if 'cold'! Perhaps Annasmom or Dr. Doogie can even draft the letter, send it to the detective via a word file so all he has to do is OPEN IT, proof it, print it and send it off! Heck, I'll even pop for the stamps!

Please forgive my frustration with what I perceive as lack of action to do something so relatively simple by LE for Anna's case. It doesn't take long to do this..... and should have been 'knocked off the list of things for LE to do a long time ago!
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
    We did look at this possibility a few years ago, but have nothing concrete to go with.
    I tried to do some research around it and couldn't find much either. Was this looked into on this board??? If so, would you be able to direct me to a link?

I did find one article that was published on his disappearance in the America Weekly Los Angeles here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/American-Weekly-...09174002r18291

Scroll down and you will see an article titled:

"What Really Happened to Vanishing Mr. Whitfield?" There is also a picture of him there.

Anybody on this forum who has a subscription for ancestry.com? Perhaps they could do some searches for ACW, his wife Elizabeth Halsey Whitfield, or the fellow that was seen to board a ship with ACW - Frank Steinman???

Hello...hello...hello...Is there anybody out there? (Pink Floyd - I'm a pink as well and can relate. hehehe)

Anybody on this forum who has a subscription for ancestry.com? Perhaps they could do some searches for ACW, his wife Elizabeth Halsey Whitfield, or the fellow that was seen to board a ship with ACW - Frank Steinman???

Hello...hello...hello...Is there anybody out there? (Pink Floyd - I'm a pink as well and can relate. hehehe)
    Hi,
    Some discussion of ACWhitfield can be found at post # 68, dated 8-17-2007 on the first thread with this title (now closed). That post references some previous discussion. I'm not good at posting links but I found it by doing a search of the threads in this forum. This forum dates back to at least 2005 and I'm not if the older threads are archived or where they are.
    The book "Searching For Anna" is a great tool and has some answers to the information you are seeking.
    I wanted to be sure and reply so you would know people are reading your input. I don't post much, but continually keep up with this thread. Following Anna's story on the net is what brought me to WS.

Quote Originally Posted by raindrops300 View Post
    Hi,
    Some discussion of ACWhitfield can be found at post # 68, dated 8-17-2007 on the first thread with this title (now closed). That post references some previous discussion. I'm not good at posting links but I found it by doing a search of the threads in this forum. This forum dates back to at least 2005 and I'm not if the older threads are archived or where they are.
    The book "Searching For Anna" is a great tool and has some answers to the information you are seeking.
    I wanted to be sure and reply so you would know people are reading your input. I don't post much, but continually keep up with this thread. Following Anna's story on the net is what brought me to WS.
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction raindrops! I thought that I'd read almost everything but I must have skimmed over that part. It was actually comforting to see that others had looked into the same possibility and I guess it wasn't completely ruled out.

Hi All,

If this info has been looked at before, I apoligise (I don't remenber seeing it anywhere). I don't know if it's anything but I decided to post it anyway. I would rather post now and find out it's nothing than to not post and find out months down the track that it was.

I'm hoping that some of you more experienced researchers can look into it further.

This is from the New York passenger list 1820-1957

S S Cedric

Name: Chaie Brodic Brody
    Arrival Date: 29 Nov 1908
    Ship Name: Cedric
    Search Ship Database: View the Cedric in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
    Port of Arrival: New York, New York
    Line: 5
    Microfilm Serial: T715
    Microfilm Roll: T715_1172
    Page Number: 59

I have the image (from Ancestry) but I don't know how to put it in here. Sorry, still a bit of a newbe.

I think the name Chaie could actually be Charlie/Charles.

If GB came from England, it might explain the way he spoke.

Let me know what you think.

There is also another Chaie Brody on the same ship (don't think it's the same one) he is 48 years old, maybe the father of the one I posted above.

could russell also have been brody? or was that angle looked at already?

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieMum View Post
    Hi All,

If this info has been looked at before, I apoligise (I don't remenber seeing it anywhere). I don't know if it's anything but I decided to post it anyway. I would rather post now and find out it's nothing than to not post and find out months down the track that it was.

I'm hoping that some of you more experienced researchers can look into it further.

This is from the New York passenger list 1820-1957

S S Cedric

Name: Chaie Brodic Brody
    Arrival Date: 29 Nov 1908
    Ship Name: Cedric
    Search Ship Database: View the Cedric in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
    Port of Arrival: New York, New York
    Line: 5
    Microfilm Serial: T715
    Microfilm Roll: T715_1172
    Page Number: 59

I have the image (from Ancestry) but I don't know how to put it in here. Sorry, still a bit of a newbe.

I think the name Chaie could actually be Charlie/Charles.

If GB came from England, it might explain the way he spoke.

Let me know what you think.
    Hi Ozziemum
    here the record that you found:
    http://s6.imagestime.com/out.php/i410457_chaiebrody.jpg
    all the best,
    raf

S.S. Cedric

Quote Originally Posted by raf View Post
    Hi Ozziemum
    all the best,
    raf
    Apparently this ship always sailed from Liverpool to New York. Brody would have been a child at the time, but then a child is listed. Interesting!

Hi Ozziemum
    all the best,
    raf
    Hi Raf,

You're very good at this sort of research, are you able to look into this a bit further.

I find it interesting beause it has been suggested that the name Brodic was changed to Brody and the child has both names listed. The one that appears to be the father was born in Russia (probably were the name Brodic came from).

I would really appreciate it if you have the time to do further research on this.

Hi Ozziemum
    all the best,
    raf
    This listing is of people who have been detained for some reason. Probably for further questioning before being allowed into the US? I'm not sure that the "children" listing there is indicating that this person is a child. It could mean that he has children. Note the date is November 29, 1908. I have found another listing (Manifest for the ship's arrival) for a male, 48 years old, who arrived a few days prior (November 20, 1908) on the same ship, same name (Chaie Brody).

http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/vi...aie+Brody&cr=1

Scroll down to the bottom. It's the second last name on this list.

I'm not sure if this link will work; if it doesn't can you please help out with this one too Raf! : )
    Last edited by Pink Panther; 10-05-2009 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieMum View Post
    Hi Raf,

You're very good at this sort of research, are you able to look into this a bit further.

I find it interesting beause it has been suggested that the name Brodic was changed to Brody and the child has both names listed. The one that appears to be the father was born in Russia (probably were the name Brodic came from).

I would really appreciate it if you have the time to do further research on this.
    Hi Ozziemum,
    I found the original ship's manifest of Chaie Brodic/Brody seeming that he joining at Isidor Brodic/Brody son in Brooklyn, NY:
    pag 1 http://s6.imagestime.com/out.php/i41...odicchaie1.gif
    pag 2 http://s6.imagestime.com/out.php/i41...odicchaie2.gif
    some suggestion?
    All the best,
    raf

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast