Who was George Brody?- Part 2.

I am trying to go thru the last hour Anna spent with her family at the farm, the folks visiting, the school bus, Anna going out the back door, playing in the front lawn ...........just in time to be snatched away. It seems impossible, coincidental to me that with all those visitors there that day, that was THE day, someone was in the neighbourhood spying on the farm waiting for Anna. Whoever did this, was pretty brave to take her then get her in a car without any noise whatsoever.

I know we've gone thru the scenerio a million times. IF and only IF Anna is not with us how in heck did they hide her? Where? I find that thought mind boggling. For this reason alone, I continue to believe in my heart that Anna was given to someone one of the George's knew, either a patient of GW's, an acquaintance of GB's? The problem is WHO would just accept a child at age five? Anna could talk, understand alot at that age.

Of course the other option is a complete stranger abduction but it seems to farfetched considering the Box from Hell notes...

Gosh, I've googled 'found boots in CA', found child's levi's in HMB... I am trying to open up a topic perhaps we've missed somehow.

Best to all ~

One of the reasons that Annasmom and I distributed flyers to the current residents of Purissima Creek Road is to examine this possibility. Someone may have found some article of clothing of Anna's years later and not known of Anna's disappearance or not made the connection. No one came forward with any information.

(BTW: In your search, you may find that a skull washed up on a HMB beach several years later, but I have discussed this with the SMCSO and it is not Anna.)

For this reason alone, I continue to believe in my heart that Anna was given to someone one of the George's knew, either a patient of GW's, an acquaintance of GB's? The problem is WHO would just accept a child at age five? Anna could talk, understand alot at that age.

~

Respectfully snipped. I've given this scenario a great deal of thought. The two Georges were pretty convincing. GB was a 'pro' at conning people, and convincing them of whatever odd thoughts or beliefs. I think it would have been quite easy for GB to prey upon both GW, and 'someone' to convince them Anna belonged in a better home. Thus convincing someone to take her at age 5. Had they believed that 'story' the person who 'accepted' Anna, could have brainwashed her to believe that story as well. It always leaves me wondering what GB's beliefs were about a child being raised without their biological father. What were GB's thoughts on the family living on the bus for the time they did? IIRC, the contact GW had to send the child support was Anna's maternal grandmother during the family's travels, if they were aware of the family traveling.

I have another thought, but it belongs on the general thread so will add it there.

The woman from Georges past (Margaret), has her grave been located and checked do you know? I just cant shake the feeling that maybe Anna's buried there, maybe a sacrafice or in the black magic sense maybe to bring magaret back. I know its probably a ridiculous thought and i pray everytime i have it that Anna is still with us and has had a happy life, but when reading what you guys have written on these two men this thought just wont go away.

One of the reasons that Annasmom and I distributed flyers to the current residents of Purissima Creek Road is to examine this possibility. Someone may have found some article of clothing of Anna's years later and not known of Anna's disappearance or not made the connection. No one came forward with any information.

(BTW: In your search, you may find that a skull washed up on a HMB beach several years later, but I have discussed this with the SMCSO and it is not Anna.)

Doogie, thanks, perhaps another shot at reminding the community what happened will spark that one person to come forward. It doesn't mean you're efforts didn't affect anyone at the time, if anyone in that area did recall anything, with another flyer distribution or similar idea, they may think ... 'OH YEAH'! ok, I do remember ...bla bla bla. Just a thought but I don't know what can be done. Any ideas? I would really lo
ve to see something else happen in this regard.

SideKick

I've read and read and read here but I still don't understand how George Waters became so smitten by GB or when it happened or how Annasmom realized it or how it began to influence their lives while Anna was still present? Just a brief summary would do please for someone who is just catching up and trying to understand!

: )

I've read and read and read here but I still don't understand how George Waters became so smitten by GB or when it happened or how Annasmom realized it or how it began to influence their lives while Anna was still present? Just a brief summary would do please for someone who is just catching up and trying to understand!

: )
Pink Panther, the summary at www.searchingforanna.com is about the best I can do. There were psychological issues in all this which I am not really qualified to diagnose.

I have been reading a lot here and will continue to do so. I have a few questions that I have been unable to find answers for...Please forgive me if they have already been asked.

Did the police ever question GW and GB? If so, what was the result? Did they both have alibis for the time-period during which Anna was taken? Did they find out anything about WHO GB was? Didn't the mere fact that GB doesn't/didn't have a SS number raise their suspicions???

Also - Is there a thread on Margaret? A specific link as to where to find more information on her? Do we know how she and GW met, under what circumstances they came to California, etc...

I'm sure that this information has been covered and don't want to take up too much time but would really appreciate some help with these questions.

I have been reading a lot here and will continue to do so. I have a few questions that I have been unable to find answers for...Please forgive me if they have already been asked.

Did the police ever question GW and GB? If so, what was the result? Did they both have alibis for the time-period during which Anna was taken? Did they find out anything about WHO GB was? Didn't the mere fact that GB doesn't/didn't have a SS number raise their suspicions???

Also - Is there a thread on Margaret? A specific link as to where to find more information on her? Do we know how she and GW met, under what circumstances they came to California, etc...

I'm sure that this information has been covered and don't want to take up too much time but would really appreciate some help with these questions.
Pink Panther, GW was questioned by the police and had an alibi for the time Anna disappeared. GB was not questioned; the police had no reason to believe he was connected to the case. I thought there was a thread on Margaret, but I don't find it. Down at the bottom of the thread topics, however, there is one which says "When did George meet Margaret" or something like that, and there are three pages...so that may have the information you want.

Thank you for your good questions.

Did GB ever talk about where he was from? Or places that he had travelled to? Annasmom, have you never had an intuition about his heritage? I think you've said that you thought he was American but given his age, it's likely he had emigrated from somewhere.

I'm not sure why but my instincts hit on Hungary, former Yugoslavia/Serbia, Austria and Germany. These locations show up a lot in links while trying to research him and various bits and pieces that GW wrote about.

Just trying to pick your brain.

Am I out to lunch here and simply re-hashing old territory? It's hard to tell 'cause I seem to be all alone! (Just you and me.)

: (

Did GB ever talk about where he was from? Or places that he had travelled to? Annasmom, have you never had an intuition about his heritage? I think you've said that you thought he was American but given his age, it's likely he had emigrated from somewhere.

I'm not sure why but my instincts hit on Hungary, former Yugoslavia/Serbia, Austria and Germany. These locations show up a lot in links while trying to research him and various bits and pieces that GW wrote about.

Just trying to pick your brain.

Am I out to lunch here and simply re-hashing old territory? It's hard to tell 'cause I seem to be all alone! (Just you and me.)

: (
I know what you mean, but actually there are WSers reading this, even if they're not posting at the moment. Your instinct about origins would certainly be borne out by all the correspondence with "Seka" in Yugoslavia, and GB's written references to the Danube. However, I had no reason whatsoever to believe that he was anything other than American-born, and I do not believe he had actually traveled outside the U.S.

Regarding your inquiries about a possible passport for Anna...Did you ever get any information? Why wouldn't you be privy to this kind of information - being her mother??? I'm quite confused about this. Didn't you and GW have joint custody? If so, why wouldn't you be allowed access to such important information given that you daughter is missing?

Forgive my anger in my questioning. It's not aimed at you but at whatever bureaucratic hiccup could create such a scenario!

Regarding your inquiries about a possible passport for Anna...Did you ever get any information? Why wouldn't you be privy to this kind of information - being her mother??? I'm quite confused about this. Didn't you and GW have joint custody? If so, why wouldn't you be allowed access to such important information given that you daughter is missing?

Forgive my anger in my questioning. It's not aimed at you but at whatever bureaucratic hiccup could create such a scenario!

The passport has been a frustrating issue here. Apparently because Anna is now of adult age, Annasmom can not access that information herself due to privacy acts. Which makes no sense whatsoever - since the child wwent missing...... LE, CAN simply send a letter on their letterhead requesting this information. Apparently Annasmom, had sent a handwritten letter to the detective currently assigned to Anna's case requesting he do so. As far as I know he never replied to her- whether he did or not.

Perhaps with the renewed interest in cold cases in the bay area. Det. Giletti (sp?) would take 10 minutes of his time and compose a letter requesting this information. I realize LE is short staffed, and they have current cases to work on, but FGS this case is still open, even if 'cold'! Perhaps Annasmom or Dr. Doogie can even draft the letter, send it to the detective via a word file so all he has to do is OPEN IT, proof it, print it and send it off! Heck, I'll even pop for the stamps! ;)

Please forgive my frustration with what I perceive as lack of action to do something so relatively simple by LE for Anna's case. It doesn't take long to do this..... and should have been 'knocked off the list of things for LE to do a long time ago!

We did look at this possibility a few years ago, but have nothing concrete to go with.

I tried to do some research around it and couldn't find much either. Was this looked into on this board??? If so, would you be able to direct me to a link?

I did find one article that was published on his disappearance in the America Weekly Los Angeles here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/American-Weekly...temQQimsxZ20090909?IMSfp=TL090909174002r18291

Scroll down and you will see an article titled:

"What Really Happened to Vanishing Mr. Whitfield?" There is also a picture of him there.

Anybody on this forum who has a subscription for ancestry.com? Perhaps they could do some searches for ACW, his wife Elizabeth Halsey Whitfield, or the fellow that was seen to board a ship with ACW - Frank Steinman???

Hello...hello...hello...Is there anybody out there? (Pink Floyd - I'm a pink as well and can relate. hehehe)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back