695 users online (89 members and 606 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Paula Abdul says goodbye to IDOL...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...one/index.html

Now, I cannot stand her on the show, but I do think they need a good cop...I think the remaining judges are too acerbic...sounds like a standoff in the article.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    This would be a mistake as far as I am concerned, whatever Paula brought to the show was very unique. Her and Simon were sometimes hilarious and I think it would be quite boring to partake of this show without her there. I was always waiting to hear what Paula would say and how she would eventually manage to spit it out....lol. Big mistake. They should have let Kara go....she was *&#$%@!
    Last edited by elle1919; 08-05-2009 at 04:01 PM.
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

My questions is, WHO ELSE is gonna hire her?? I mean, her prime time is done. well maybe not for all but seems to be the consensus where i'm from!
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    There is something wrong with that girl. I've wondered if she will wind up like MJ one day.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Goodbye and good luck Paula!

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    It seems all too coincidental that the Idol producers bring Kara on board and then the next season Paula doesn't come back. It sounds to me like they pushed her out. I can't really say I blame them Paula really didn't add anything to the show except long, rambling statements that made me feel uncomfortable.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Paula is great and I watch it religously because she makes me laugh. I won't watch now.

BOYCOTT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    It seems all too coincidental that the Idol producers bring Kara on board and then the next season Paula doesn't come back. It sounds to me like they pushed her out. I can't really say I blame them Paula really didn't add anything to the show except long, rambling statements that made me feel uncomfortable.
    They definitely pushed her out. There was a news story a couple of weeks back with her manager saying the show starts in a couple of weeks and Paula does not even have an initial offer, her contract is over, and we would like the courtesy of knowing what is going on. This was not Paula's idea, they did not invite her back.

deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    I hope this is all just a contract negotiations thing and Paula will be back next season. There was indeed something wrong with her....Paula has been quite open about her prescription drug addiction and her fight to overcome it. I say bravo for her honesty and she brought something very different to the show that I will miss. I hope she really isn't going.
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

This sucks, quite frankly.
    Paula has been in the business and she may say things in a quirky way but she really cares about the contestants. She is a sweet, caring person who is funny, beautiful and talented.

She and Simon are great together. Without her, it's boring Randy and Kara. Bleh.

Idol f'd up on this one .... big time.

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    There is something wrong with that girl. I've wondered if she will wind up like MJ one day.
    I have had this thought.

I don't know anything about her and the show. I have not watched it.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I just want to know the real reason she is not coming back. Why would she give that up? Her career was not flourishing before she got Idol or during it. Her potential loss of income must not outweigh something.. I wonder what it is.

Simon kept saying he wanted her back, do you think he really didn't??

I really appreciated Paula's positivity even if she wasn't always coherent. She seemed to have a good heart and genuinely care about the contestants and I think those qualities will be missed.

Paula was part of Idol, whether you like her or not. I'm not a huge fan of Idol, but I like to watch at times just to see what crazy things she will do next.

My prediction is that it "ain't over yet." Pauler will be back. She's a drama queen and knows they want her on the show. It just won't be on her terms.

I loved watching Paula. One never knew what she would do, or if she could manage to even speak......She always fumbled her words. I don't think
    it is over yet. Probably holding out for the bigger bucks.

Paula cracked me up....

Can't stand that Karen, she brought nothing to the show. She should go.

Goz

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast