PA - Mass shooting at LA Fitness near Pittsburgh, 4 dead, 4 August 2009

Yet another whack-job with deep-seated ISSUES who wants to end his pathetic, bitter, angry existence but just has to make complete strangers go down with him. The only twist in this event is that he seemed to focus on killing women.

It looks as though they may have identified the shooters car ... a silver 4 door, newer model, maybe an accord ... can't quite make it out.

Yet another whack-job with deep-seated ISSUES who wants to end his pathetic, bitter, angry existence but just has to make complete strangers go down with him. The only twist in this event is that he seemed to focus on killing women.

I thought that was strange too. I'm wondering if he's recently divorced, if his wife recently cheated, etc.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/20283352/detail.html

This link has live coverage...

according to what they have up now the dude turned off the lights before he shot into the room! Sounds like he had a certain person in mind... and didn't want his face to be seen... just a thought

I read that too, and that's what made it so scary to me. I can't imagine being shot in a dark room, when you can't see where the bullets are coming from, or where the shooter is. What a sick individual.

I know! he walks in with a duffel bag, pulls out 2 handguns, turns the lights out and opens fire ... I'd imagine a lot of the peeps inside the gym had thier ipods on too. The number of victims, 15. I have a feeling the number of fatalities is going to be greater than the 5 confirmed. So freakin scarey!!

http://www.truecrimereport.com/

Steve Huff is reporting on his blog that the dance instructor... WHO WAS PREGNANT... was also wounded... I think they should increase the wounded list to six!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I meant sixteen!

Do we know if there is another crime scene or if some victims ran to the other business?

Not sure, Q.....

but that is very sharp thinking on your part!

Not sure, Q.....

but that is very sharp thinking on your part!

Thanks for the live link and the heads up on Huff. Don't you love the adjectives he uses for the perp? ITA with him!

Many prayers to all the victims and families.

LE on live feed said the shooter was purposeful and acted like he knew what he was doing and where he was going. Gym was packed. Shooting happened in one room.

LE would appreciate any live witnesses that fled the scene contact them.

It looks as though they may have identified the shooters car ... a silver 4 door, newer model, maybe an accord ... can't quite make it out.

WTH???? MY electricity has been out all day! ( due to a broken pole in a recent storm????):confused::eek:

Ugh, they just mentioned that a daycare center is in the gym. I didn't even think of that. Thank god the shooter didn't go in there.

Soonie ... I'm a bit freaked out!

Yes, the instructor is reportedly pregnant, and yes *sigh* she was reportedly shot. There is conflicting reports on the number of deaths ... some say 4, some say 5. The number of victims seems to range from 10, to 15.

One vic told her uncle that the gunman straddled her (standing over her?) and shot her in the shoulder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back