Identified! AZ - Clarkdale, LIVING Male Amnesiac, Jun'09 - James Steven Inocencio

ASU2USC

Reaction score
This man was found on June 25 in Clarkdale, AZ and doesn't recall who he is. He had apparently self-inflicted knife wounds and was wet (they suspect he was in the river at some point.)

He told police that his wife and daughter were killed by a drunk driver a year ago in New Mexico.

He's 45-50 yo, 5 feet 5 inches tall, 240 pounds, with brown eyes and greying black hair. He has a Celtic tattoo on his right shoulder. He appears to be of Hispanic or Native American descent and speaks English well. He seems to be left-handed.

Let's help identify him!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2009/08/04/20090804abrk-unknownman.html

He appears to be younger than 45-50. I would guess he is in his mid 30's.

I hate even thinking this way, but there is something in his eyes that are telling me that he does know who he is and is just choosing to pretend. Maybe he is in self-preservation mode or something, but I just don't see that look of emptiness that people get. JMHO.

Either way, if he truly is suffering from amnesia, or if he is intentionally not remembering, I hope that he gets the emotional and psychological support that he needs to find his way home.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-4805-Arizona-Rural-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m8d6-Do-you-know-this-man?

found_adult.JPG

YCSO photo

YCSO seeks public assistance to identify man
On June 25, 2009, at approximately 11 P.M., Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the report of a found and injured adult on Tapco Road in Clarkdale. The reporting party told deputies the man was lying in a culvert with knife wounds to his neck and arms. The man’s clothing was wet indicating he may have been in the Verde River at some point. Deputies were unable to locate any identification on his person and during an interview, the man was unable to recall his name, where he resides, how he arrived in Clarkdale or how he sustained the injuries.
The subject did say his wife and daughters were killed by a drunk driver a year ago in New Mexico. Further investigation indicated the subject’s wounds from June 25th were likely self inflicted.
The subject was treated at the Verde Valley Medical Center for his injuries and eventually transported to the Verde Valley Guidance Center in Cottonwood where he remains today. The subject speaks very good English and recalled family connections in New Mexico, Oklahoma and possibly Texas.
He is approximately 45-50 years old, 5’ 5” in height, 240 pounds, black hair which is graying slightly, and brown eyes. He is likely of Hispanic decent to include some possibility of an Indian background. The subject also has a Celtic type tattoo on his right shoulder. He also appears left handed based on observations by attending staff.
As of 8/4, detectives have exhausted all efforts to identify this man. YCSO is urging anyone who might recognize this individual to contact Sgt. Dan Winslow at 928-771-3278, or Yavapai Silent Witness at 1800-932-3232.

I hate even thinking this way, but there is something in his eyes that are telling me that he does know who he is and is just choosing to pretend. Maybe he is in self-preservation mode or something, but I just don't see that look of emptiness that people get. JMHO.

Either way, if he truly is suffering from amnesia, or if he is intentionally not remembering, I hope that he gets the emotional and psychological support that he needs to find his way home.

ITA...there seems to be a look of smugness in that picture. Hope I am wrong but the ole hinky meter is spiking.

Maz

:cow:

I thought the same thing about the smug thing- he almost looks amused. :waitasec:

Regardless of his look I think it would be a shame if it were not taken seriously on some level. With all these cases I think "What if this were me or my loved one?" So just bumping to see if anyone else can chime in.

:>)

If he has amnesia, how does he remember that his wife and daughters were killed by a drunk driver? It should be easy enough to search records to find out if there was an accident with those specifics and then we would have the names of his wife and daughters.

Regardless of his look I think it would be a shame if it were not taken seriously on some level. With all these cases I think "What if this were me or my loved one?" So just bumping to see if anyone else can chime in.

:>)

I can only speak for myself but, I don't think anyone here is saying he isn't important. Anyway about it, he needs to be identified, if his story is true, then he can get the proper counseling-- if his story is made up and he just is suicidal, he can get the proper counseling-- if he is hiding something (such as a crime), then justice would (hopefully) be served-- if he has been the victim of a crime, then justice would (hopefully) be served, ect... again, I can only speak for myself here, but I take ALL unidentified persons seriously, and from what I can tell most everyone here takes them seriously-- so I appreciate you putting a little fire underneath my tail, and I'm glad that you also take the unidentified seriously. :cool:

Snufamonbobball

I see dazed and confused, not smug.

Nothing found on line. I emailed the Yavapai Sheriff's office about him.
Will post any update.

Email back from the Yavapai Sheriff's office. They gave me the detective in charge's phone number. I will call him tomorrow.

Called the Sgt. 3 x today. I left a message each time.
Hoped I would get a response before the 3 day weekend.

I rec'd an email from AZ detective, saying he had been away from work and would call me today.

I talked by phone today with the Yavapai County Sheriff’s detective.

He interviewed 'Juan Doe' on 6/29/2009 at the hospital.
Here are the details:
A citizen found Juan near the Verde River. Police were called.
He had slash marks on his neck and chest.
He was taken to the hospital.

Juan told police detective that:
His DOB 3/2/59.
He did not know his last name.
He thinks he works as an electrician.
His wife and two daughters were killed by a drunk driver in March 2009, Albuquerque, NM, on their way to Wal-Mart.
Family was driving a green Dodge van or suv.
His wife's name: Juana
His daughter's names: Trisha, age 12 and Sylvia, age 10.
Juan said he had heart surgery and was near the end of his medications for that.
He feels he lives in Albuquerque.
Juan says he is depressed, but things are 'fuzzy'. He now feels safe and comfortable.

Juan story is that he decided to go camping.
It was Father’s Day, June 21. 2009.
He was feeling depressed because he was missing his family.
It had been 3 months since their deaths.
He turned 50 3 months ago.
He had had heart surgery.
He thinks he tried to slash at himself.
When asked why, he said because the slash marks are on
his right side and he is left handed.
He says he drove a red Ford Taurus there.
He had a backpack.

Identifying marks:
Celtic tattoo on right shoulder.
Scar down the middle of his chest.
When asked why he chose a Celtic tattoo, he said he liked the music.
Clothing: Not noted by detective. Det. thinks jeans.
Jewelry: Wearing a silver Celtic cross on a leather braid.

Observations by police detective:
He speaks very good English. He has a slight Texas accent.
He is left handed.
He does crossword puzzles using his left hand.
His hands are soft, not calloused, not hands of a laborer.
He is very articulate. He seems educated.
He has a good sense of humor.
No head injury.

Evidence:
Fingerprints not found.
No record of drunk driving accidents in March 2009.
No red Ford car found.
No backpack found.
No knife found.
Searches were done in desert area where Juan Doe was found,
the Verde River runs through there.
People camp there. Teens party there.
No nearby service stations, no nearby convenience stores.
It is 20 miles from a truck stop.
Could not verify story about wife/children killed by a drunk driver.

Media releases done.
Det. talked with Albuquerque PD and Tribal police.
Two phone tips came in. One was about a Catholic funeral service for
a woman and child. It was not them.

The detective stated their office is not handling the case now, as it is not a criminal matter. He gave the name and phone number of the guidance center where Juan Doe lives now.

Thanks for getting the info Dream! DOn't know if this means anything, but I found this while googling Sylvia and Juana + killed:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2000/Jun-08-Thu-2000/news/13732994.html

Felipe Rodriguez

</B>Felipe Rodriguez, 59, died Tuesday at a local hospital.
He was born Jan. 6, 1941, in Durango, Mexico. A miner, he was a one-year resident of Las Vegas.
He is survived by his wife, Catalina; daughters, Juana, Silvia, Sandra and Elena; and sons, Felipe Jr. and Jose Luis, all of Las Vegas; brother, Luis of Michigan; sisters, Rosa of Mexico, Luz Maria of Las Vegas, and Belem Huerta and Ofelia Torres, both of Michigan; and five grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at American Burial & Cremation Services, where services will be at noon Friday. Burial will follow at Paradise Memorial Gardens.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back