760 users online (94 members and 666 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NJ - Susan Davis & Elizabeth Perry, both 19, Somers Point, 30 May 1969

I never see any posts about these two girls found strangled and stabbed along the Garden State Parkway (mile post 31.9), near the Somers Point/Ocean City exit around Memorial Day 1969.

They have been identified, but the killer(s) have never been identified. There is some speculation that these were Ted Bundy's first kills.

The victims names are: Susan Davis and Elizabeth Perry, both 19 at the time.

I grew up in Phila., PA and remember hearing about this case.

Links:

http://www.shorenewstoday.com/news.php?id=3111

WWW.philly.com - 7/26/2009 - "Novel Revisits '69 Shore killings

Jurgo@phillynews.com

Im a Philly girl myself & have heard of them to but I beg to differ about Ted Bundy.
    No way were these girls murdered by Bundy. He killed in Washington,Idaho,Colorado,Utah & Florida.He was never on the East Coast............in all the years & all the research this is just coming out now??? Im not buying it & sadly think trying to tie to something 'infamous'takes away from a real investigation.
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...me.html?cat=44Ted bundy did travel to the east coast and I think the first time he did he was arround 18 (if am recalling correctly)
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-05-2015 at 02:01 AM. Reason: fixed broken link

I live about 45 minutes from there,and never heard of the case
    Follow me on Twitter @TrueCrimeGuy or via my sites
    http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
    & TrueCrimeGuy.com

Do we know how these girls were murdered?

I am also wondering if their vehicle was broken down or not. Does anyone know?

There's speculation that a young neighbor of Bundy's was his first. Not to say that this one can't be connected either, since he did go clear across to Florida.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

Quote Originally Posted by morf13 View Post
    I live about 45 minutes from there,and never heard of the case
    I have an elderly relative who lives full time down the shore(born & raised) & collects minute details of anything gruesome that happens down that way .She also phrases it within a "cautionary tale" at EVERY opportunity!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Bundy discussed his visit to the Jersy Shore in 1969 during his final confessions. He lived in Philly for a brief time with a relative and attended a college here (Temple U? Not sure what school).

http://www.kirotv.com/news/4182402/detail.html

They have were identified.

See my first links.

There is a new book out about this crime and possible Bundy links. However, I have read about the his link to these murders for years in various local papers.

"The Origins of Infamy" by Christian Barth.

Wow - I have the same kinds of memories. My sister was 19 years old at the time and visited the shore many times with her friends. This was the "Summer of LOVE." Boy did my parents use this as a cautionary tail for her. Thank God she is alive.

I was a menapause baby and was 11 years old at the time. I guess my Mom & Dad were having a second family or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    Im a Philly girl myself & have heard of them to but I beg to differ about Ted Bundy.
    No way were these girls murdered by Bundy. He killed in Washington,Idaho,Colorado,Utah & Florida.He was never on the East Coast............in all the years & all the research this is just coming out now??? Im not buying it & sadly think trying to tie to something 'infamous'takes away from a real investigation.
    According to Ann Rule, he traveled the entire East Coast..that being said, I don't think he did these two murders..but both families believe he did...only one who knows for sure is Bundy

Interesting case for sure. These cases so close to my home are always of interest.
    Follow me on Twitter @TrueCrimeGuy or via my sites
    http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
    & TrueCrimeGuy.com

This crime was totally different than any of Bundy's known crimes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast