804 users online (166 members and 638 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs down Lynette 'Squeaky' Fromme To Be Released From Prison

Link

She said it never occurred to her that she could wind up in prison. Asked whether she had any regrets, Fromme said, "No. No, I don't. I feel it was fate." However, she said she thought that her incarceration was "unnecessary" and that she couldn't see herself repeating her offense.

__________________________________________________ ________

Federal inmates serving life are generally paroled after 30 years, unless the parole commission decides to block the release, according to a commission spokesman. Inmates who are paroled remain under supervision until the commission decides to terminate the sentence.

You've gotta be kidding me!! Well I guess we'll see how this works out.

What a dumb thing to do!!

Guilt by association. For me, anybody who showed up in that Manson trial courtroom to support him (and the others) can rot away. Yes, I know. Not real forgiving here..at least of that clan.

Quote Originally Posted by texaslb218 View Post
    Guilt by association. For me, anybody who showed up in that Manson trial courtroom to support him (and the others) can rot away. Yes, I know. Not real forgiving here..at least of that clan.
    They wouldn't say if she still corresponded with Manson or not. If she is she certainly shouldn't be on the outside.

BTW, I had no idea that a Federal life sentence only meant thirty years! Truth in sentencing laws need to be pushed hard.

If Barrack Obama wants to get the economy going again then why not allocate money for more prisons? JMO

As far as I can recall Squeaky is still devoted to Manson........one of the few original 'Family'members left.........didnt she try to assassinate the President?????
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    As far as I can recall Squeaky is still devoted to Manson........one of the few original 'Family'members left.........didnt she try to assassinate the President?????
    Ford, IIRC, it didn't impress Jodi Foster.

snip
    In the 1978 interview, Fromme called Manson "a once-in-a-lifetime soul. ... He's got more heart and spirit than anyone I've ever met." She said she still corresponded with him. "He's got everything he wants coming from me, 'cause he gave me everything."

She said then she didn't plan to seek a parole hearing: "The parole board does not hold my life in its hands. And I don't want to be too critical, but men tend to think they do. Charlie never thought he did. He never expressed all this desire for power, this desire for acceptance."
    snip

She escaped prison in 1987-she twice went after Ford, correct?

Wow....30 years for that. We are a forgiving society.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    snip
    In the 1978 interview, Fromme called Manson "a once-in-a-lifetime soul. ... He's got more heart and spirit than anyone I've ever met." She said she still corresponded with him. "He's got everything he wants coming from me, 'cause he gave me everything."

She said then she didn't plan to seek a parole hearing: "The parole board does not hold my life in its hands. And I don't want to be too critical, but men tend to think they do. Charlie never thought he did. He never expressed all this desire for power, this desire for acceptance."
    snip

She escaped prison in 1987-she twice went after Ford, correct?

Wow....30 years for that. We are a forgiving society.
    Life in prison should mean "Life" in prison!

and that she couldn't see herself repeating her offense
    of course, unless another charming sociopath with LSD came around.

Mark my words,they are going to regret this. This woman is bad news,she has been waiting all her life for her 15 minutes of fame. All I can say,is that they are making a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by capps View Post
    Mark my words,they are going to regret this. This woman is bad news,she has been waiting all her life for her 15 minutes of fame. All I can say,is that they are making a big mistake.
    I agree. This is not a smart thing to do. Whoever she hurts I hope they or their relatives sue the California prison system.

Being a Manson follower isn't enough or shouldn't be enough to keep her in jail for life, but trying to assassinate the President is, at least in my book.

I can see it now, more day passes for John Hinckley...

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    I agree. This is not a smart thing to do. Whoever she hurts I hope they or their relatives sue the California prison system.
    The California prison system has nothing to do with Lynette Fromme. Attempted assassination of the President is a Federal crime. She has always been in federal prisons. The difference about the prison she is currently in, and I believe is of some legitimate concern is that Carswell provides specialized medical and mental health services to female offenders. That's why she is there.

and that she couldn't see herself repeating her offense
    That is an odd and disturbing comment -- like if she got pissed off enough she just might have to demand some attention again by shooting (at) someone. Her reasoning is so defensive, childish, and self-serving. I hope she isn't planning on playing off her notoriety but her attitude strikes me as someone that feels she needs to be heard. If she is going to be out, I hope she fades out of sight and does not wag her finger at people like everyone else did something wrong.
    Last edited by Openmind; 08-06-2009 at 12:57 AM.

Squeaky is IMO a threat to society. LIFE SHOULD MEAN LIFE.

She still follows Charles beliefs. This is pure insanity.

I think she will try to go after another person. What kind of justice is this? Our system is not working to benefit the people, but the criminals.

Goz

In addition to the article re: her release I believe the prison should also publish the address where she will now live. Everyone living anywhere near her deserves that information. MOO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast