Results 1 to 25 of 596
08-06-2009, 07:30 AM #1
CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #1
Please let Bob Harrod be ok so he can come back to his beloved Fontelle Heeter. What could of happened to him?
After a joyous reunion with her true love from decades past, the formerly named Fontelle Heeter married her sweetheart June 29, 2009. But Bob Harrod, 81, disappeared without a trace July 27, 2009.
"He is the only man I ever loved, the only one, and I want him back so bad," she said. "I feel like I deserve to have him for just a couple more years, maybe."
The pain and confusion began when Fontelle Harrod returned to Missouri to collect her clothes. When she returned to California, Bob Harrod was gone.
His car and glasses are at the house, veteran detective Corinne Loomis of the Placentia Police Department told the Los Angeles Times, but his wallet and keys are missing.
Police say they are certain he was not abducted by a stranger. Det. Loomis believes that the groom may have fled because he was overwhelmed.
Last edited by JBean; 02-11-2010 at 02:45 AM.
08-06-2009, 07:36 AM #2
81-year-old Placentia newlywed still missing
No new leads have been found in the disappearance of an 81-year-old Placentia newlywed who went missing just two days before he was to be reunited with his wife, police said.
Robert "Bob" Harrod was last seen July 27 by his son-in-law Jeff Michaels at his Placentia home.
There's been no movement on any of his bank accounts or credit cards," Loomis said. "No family member or friend has either heard from him or seen him."
Police have asked anyone with additional information to contact the Placentia Police Department at (714) 993-8168.
08-06-2009, 01:02 PM #3
I have read most of the news articles about Robert H.
He and his new wife married six days after reconnecting.
Disagreement among sides of the family whether he had mild dementia or not.
On the day he disappeared, he supposedly have left for a walk, but was said to only usually walk around the neighborhood block.
He disappeared in the time period when his son in law, Jeff M, went to a Home Depot to get supplies to fix something in the house.
It was said he got into an arguement with a family member and police thought he would be home that evening.
In the news article, Robert is said to have had money.
Daughter and son in law, Jeff M, said to be his caretakers.
Is it possible that the son in law and Robert had a disagreement and something went wrong?
Maybe son in law was worried about inheritance or rather, not inheriting anything, since Robert had just up and got married?
Mind you, this is based only IMHO, as I have nothing concrete to base it on.
Just thinking out loud.
08-06-2009, 01:14 PM #4
And what about the 45 yr old woman Robert was said to be 'helping?'
I wonder if LE has talked with her.
Maybe Robert called her to come and pick him up?
08-06-2009, 01:19 PM #5
On IS board, a relative of Robert's posts. FYI:
08-06-2009, 01:23 PM #6
video of Bob right after the marriage.
08-06-2009, 01:26 PM #7
My prayers are with Bob and Fontelle. My parents live in Placentia. Less than 2 miles from where Bob's house is. He really couldnt have gone into a busy street in a short period of time. I'm hoping his family was not upset at his nuptials and hiding him..My sister is evil like that..If my Dad wanted to remarry if anything happened to my mother, all she would worry about would be her inheritance!!"I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."
08-07-2009, 11:30 AM #8
No news on this man? I wonder what happened to him.
The Following User Says Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:
08-07-2009, 08:45 PM #9
I have found no new info either.
It is hard to think what could have happened.
Yes, he could have wandered away, had an accident or a stroke, but he would have been found by now.
Yes, he could have gone over to the 45 yr old woman's house, the person he had helped out, but police probably have interviewed her and no money has been withdrawn from his bank. His daughter said he almost always uses checks and his checkbook was left at home.
Yes, foul play could happen. But, who? The son in law is the last person to have seen him at around 1pm. SIL was on the way to Home Depot to pick up supplies for Robert. But, have police seen sil on video from Home Depot and at what time?
I am not saying the son in law did anything, just wondering out loud.
I thought maybe he fell in the garage and on the IS site, his daughter, says that the garage was completely full.
But again, by this time, someone would have found him.
If he did just take off, thinking what have I done, getting married so quickly, he would have gone to family or to a good friend. And no one has reported him phoning or
08-07-2009, 09:01 PM #10
Reading over news and other forums,
Fontelle was only 15 when they would have been engaged in 1950.
Family says that Robert never mentioned Fontelle and he was
engaged to their mother in Oct. 1950, after knowing each
other 3 months. (robert's wife passed away last year)
Family also says that Robert never went to the Korean war. He was
in the reserves and during Korean war, he served as a cook, at Camp Pendleton.
Fontelle came to visit for the first time on June 23. On June 29, they went to get a marriage license and decided to get married there at the courthouse. They did not tell either family until July 2.
Fontelle returned to MO a few days later to pack her belongings, etc.
Robert went missing on July 27.
They spoke 2 times a day while she was gone. They spoke on Sunday for the last time.
Fontelle returned on July 29. She brought her daughter and her dog with her.
She reported Robert missing.
flier of Robert Harrod
This flier says Robert last seen at 11:00am, son in law back in the house at 1:00pm.
08-11-2009, 09:08 PM #11
I was reading up on this case over on IS today and there seem to be quite a few twists and turns - and several possibilities as to what may have happened to this man.
The quickie marriage is odd - particularly in that neither of them told their families about it until after the fact. However, I suppose that could be explained by the fact that they're elderly and he, for sure, may have believed his family would not be supportive. Evidently, his family had previously voiced their concerns over this 45-year-old woman who seems to have been taking advantage of him. Even to the point that social services was called in to investigate possible elder abuse!
Based on some of the comments made by someone claiming to be a member of Bob's family, he may have been in a precarious situation as a result of some of his dealings and associates - in addition to the 45-y-o golddigger. I have the impression he wasn't especially close to his children and may even have become very secretive.
Then there is the new wife, who is living in the family home, though it doesn't seem to be legally as the home is part of the family trust. His accounts have been frozen and are being monitored. Since Bob is just considered to be missing, pretty much everything is frozen.
It's a very complicated case and seems to become more complicated by the day!
08-12-2009, 10:02 AM #12
I wonder why the family did not report him missing on the 27th. Why did the bride have to do it 2 days later?
08-12-2009, 02:16 PM #13
I think the family did report him missing. But Fontelle called in a missing report on Mon. night from MO.
People seemed to think he might reappear when Fontelle got there, as he had an arguement with family before that.
08-12-2009, 02:17 PM #14
Per relative on IS forum, poi is the 45 yr old woman that Robert Harrod had been helping out with money.
08-12-2009, 02:28 PM #15
now on amw.com forum, online only.
08-12-2009, 09:22 PM #16
The wife is behaving strangely too, but IMO, everything points to the POI right now. It's sickening how shameless some women can be in going after what they want and how foolish men can be for falling for it.
08-14-2009, 07:49 AM #17
Nothing new on line today.
Robert is now missing 18 days.
His new wife is living in the house.
Locks have been changed.
Where is Robert?
08-14-2009, 09:29 AM #18Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2008
- deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
The 45 year old woman that was "helping" Robert. Was this like a home health care type person? A friend? Where is she now? Last question has it been reported on as to why the son that went to get supplies did not report his father missing when he got back and realized that Robert was gone?
The Following User Says Thank You to elle1919 For This Useful Post:
08-14-2009, 10:31 PM #19
Info: from IS forum.
45 yr old woman: per family posts: She is a barber that cut Robert Harrod's hair.
He started helping her while his wife of over 50 years was very ill.
Per another forum, family post, Robert gave her over lots of money over the last 18 months.
LE is aware of who she is.
Son in law: He has helped Robert out a lot. Robert supposedly did not like going to Home Depot. Robert was having sil help him fix up the house for new wife, Fontelle. Robert asked sil to go to hardware store for supplies.
SIL left for Home Depot about 11am, got back about 1pm. A cleaning person had been waiting outside for a half hour. Robert was not there.
The only thing missing is his wallet and car keys.
Car, glasses, checkbook all left at the house.
SIL notified family and I think, called police.
Family checked with neighbors, etc.
That night, Fontelle, who was in MO, packing her belongings, and knew Robert was missing, called the local police and filed an official missing persons report.
08-29-2009, 06:45 PM #20
It has been 32 days since Robert Harrod went missing.
No one has heard from him since July 27, 2009.
He left with his wallet and car keys. But the car is at his home.
He could not have had a sudden medical condition, because he would have been found by now.
As far as it can be determined, he did not call a cab or take a bus.
The last person to see him was his SIL, who left to do an errand for Robert at Home Depot.
When he arrived back 2 hrs later, Robert was gone.
He got married to an old girlfriend, Fontelle Heeter, 6/27/9, after hearing from her in May.
She was back in MO packing up her house when Robert went missing.
Where is Robert?
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/p...omis-placentia This is the latest news article.
08-29-2009, 07:49 PM #21
Robert Harrod's missing person info entered into NaMus.
Case number 2706.
Last edited by dreamweaver; 08-29-2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: add case number
09-03-2009, 12:31 PM #22Former Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
Bumping for Bob.
09-08-2009, 08:42 PM #23
Time Bob Was Last Seen?
Does anyone know what time Bob Harrod was supposedly last seen? Detective Loomis in the July 30th article says that the Home Depot receipt shows that JM paid for items after 3PM. Another article says Bob was last seen at 1:00PM, and a missing flier from the PD says Bob was last seen at 11:00AM. Daughter J mentions a time of Noon or 1:00 in a video, I believe referring to the time her husband returned to the house. Is the reference to 3PM a misprint and was really supposed to be receipt showed he paid for his items after 1PM?
Four Examples, all with different times:
"His receipt showed that he paid for his items after 3 p.m.," Loomis said. "He thinks he was at Home Depot for 45 minutes to an hour, so given 15 minutes or so of driving time, you're looking at 1:30."
Harrod was last seen by his son-in-law, JM, around 1:30 p.m. on Monday. Harrod, a former contract manager, sent Michaels to Home Depot, but when Michaels returned, Harrod was no longer in the house, said Loomis.
Reporter: “Julie says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”
Julie: “My dad was gone.”
Reporter: “What time?”
Julie: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”
Robert Harrod was last seen at his residence on July 27, 2009 at 1100 A.M.
in the city of Placentia. When a family member returned to the house at approximately 1:00 P.M., Harrod was gone.
09-08-2009, 08:48 PM #24
Just some background info I put together based on what I've read. Corrections welcome.
- Bob Merle Harrod was reported missing on Monday, July 27, 2009
- Bob is 81 years old; Bob is about 5’11”, 140 lbs.
- Bob’s address: In the 500 block of Carnation Drive, Placentia, CA.
- Placentia Population: July 2008: 49,692.
- County: Orange County
- Bob’s first wife passed away in 2008. They had been married 59 years.
- Bob has 3 daughters: RB, PB, and JM. He also has 1 grandchild and 3 great-grandchildren.
- Bob, with help from his daughter J and son-in-law, had been rearranging things in his home to accommodate his new wife.
- Bob and his new wife F spoke twice daily by telephone while she was away, most recently Sunday evening, the day before he was reported missing.
- Bob’s glasses (that he always wore) were left in the house on the kitchen table. His car was at the house. His checkbook and cell phone were found at the house. His wallet and keys were missing.
- "There's been no movement on any of his bank accounts or credit cards," Loomis said. "No family member or friend has either heard from him or seen him."
- Harrod was known to take walks near his home, but none of neighbors remembered seeing him since Saturday, Loomis said.
- Loomis said police initially thought Harrod left because he had gotten into an argument with another family member; they had hoped he would return when his wife came back to Placentia.
- Sgt. Scott Millsap, an investigations detective, said there have been underlying issues with the family, but declined to give any more information.
- RB, Harrod's daughter, said the family was concerned about a 45-year-old woman he had become acquainted with. The woman has borrowed money from Harrod and called him in the past few weeks saying she had no money and no place to live, RB said. Family members have contacted the woman, who has denied having any involvement in Harrod's disappearance, RB said. Harrod's family and friends have expressed concern about the woman's intentions to him, but her father refused to listen, RB said.
09-08-2009, 08:59 PM #25
Timeline below. Blanks for key times due to discrepancies.
June 23, 2009
- Fontelle came to visit Bob for the first time
June 29, 2009
- Harrod and Fontelle went to get a marriage license in Fullerton and decided to get married there at the courthouse. (Rumor that they did not tell either of their families about the marriage for a few days.)
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
- Fontelle Harrod returned to her Missouri home to pack up her belongings and make the move to Placentia.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
- Bob Harrod last seen by a neighbor or neighbors
Sunday, July 26, 2009
- Evening: Fontelle last spoke to Bob by phone
- Sunset ~7:58PM
Monday, July 27, 2009
- Weather: Low temp: 68.5 F, high temp: 91.4 F, avg: 78.2 F; precipitation: 0.0
- Sunrise: ~6:00AM; Sunset ~7:58PM
- Time? – JM, Bob’s son-in-law arrives at Bob’s house.
- Time? – JM is sent by Bob Harrod to go to Home Depot.
- Time?* - JM arrives at Home Depot.
*There is a Home Depot at 601 S Placentia Ave, Fullerton, CA 92831-5199. Distance is only 2.7 miles from Bob’s address in Placentia, about a 6-minute drive. There is another Home Depot located at 2455 E Imperial Hwy, Brea, CA 92821-6114. Distance from Bob’s address in Placentia is 2.8 miles, about a 7-minute drive.
- Time? – Home Depot receipt shows that JM paid for items at this time. JM thinks he was at Home Depot for 45 min to 1 hour.
- Time? – JM arrives back at Harrod’s house, and the housekeeper was sitting on the porch, waiting to be let in. She told JM the door was locked and nobody was answering, and that Harrod might be taking a nap. JM then went into the house to check, and Harrod was not there.
- Evening – Fontelle filed a missing persons report from Missouri.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
- Fontelle returned to Placentia from MO.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 (30 days have elapsed)
- OC Register article quote: "We're just now winding down the full-court press part of this investigation," said department spokeswoman Detective Corinne Loomis Tuesday. "We're going back and doing some follow-up stuff and documentation. We have a search warrant for phone records to see who he might have talked to that we don't know about."
- Unless the efforts currently under way yield new leads, the department will have used all the avenues they have available to find Harrod at this time, she said. "It's a real mystery," Loomis said.
By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 2000's MissingReplies: 1752Last Post: 04-23-2013, 03:42 PM
By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 2000's MissingReplies: 1081Last Post: 10-30-2012, 12:28 AM
By Cubby in forum 2000's MissingReplies: 537Last Post: 04-27-2011, 02:56 AM
By Cubby in forum 2000's MissingReplies: 506Last Post: 10-28-2010, 04:44 PM
By Cubby in forum 2000's MissingReplies: 549Last Post: 09-09-2010, 09:00 PM