CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patience

Former Member
Reaction score
Please let Bob Harrod be ok so he can come back to his beloved Fontelle Heeter. What could of happened to him?:confused:

After a joyous reunion with her true love from decades past, the formerly named Fontelle Heeter married her sweetheart June 29, 2009. But Bob Harrod, 81, disappeared without a trace July 27, 2009.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/story?id=8227798&page=1

"He is the only man I ever loved, the only one, and I want him back so bad," she said. "I feel like I deserve to have him for just a couple more years, maybe."
The pain and confusion began when Fontelle Harrod returned to Missouri to collect her clothes. When she returned to California, Bob Harrod was gone.
His car and glasses are at the house, veteran detective Corinne Loomis of the Placentia Police Department told the Los Angeles Times, but his wallet and keys are missing.
Police say they are certain he was not abducted by a stranger. Det. Loomis believes that the groom may have fled because he was overwhelmed.

No new leads have been found in the disappearance of an 81-year-old Placentia newlywed who went missing just two days before he was to be reunited with his wife, police said.
Robert "Bob" Harrod was last seen July 27 by his son-in-law Jeff Michaels at his Placentia home.

*snip*

There's been no movement on any of his bank accounts or credit cards," Loomis said. "No family member or friend has either heard from him or seen him."
Police have asked anyone with additional information to contact the Placentia Police Department at (714) 993-8168.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/harrod-police-placentia-2517885-home-fontelle

I have read most of the news articles about Robert H.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/california/ci_12946442?nclick_check=1

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-missing-groom31-2009jul31,0,5435017.story

He and his new wife married six days after reconnecting.

Disagreement among sides of the family whether he had mild dementia or not.

On the day he disappeared, he supposedly have left for a walk, but was said to only usually walk around the neighborhood block.
He disappeared in the time period when his son in law, Jeff M, went to a Home Depot to get supplies to fix something in the house.
It was said he got into an arguement with a family member and police thought he would be home that evening.

In the news article, Robert is said to have had money.
Daughter and son in law, Jeff M, said to be his caretakers.

Is it possible that the son in law and Robert had a disagreement and something went wrong?
Maybe son in law was worried about inheritance or rather, not inheriting anything, since Robert had just up and got married?
Mind you, this is based only IMHO, as I have nothing concrete to base it on.
Just thinking out loud.

Hmm.
And what about the 45 yr old woman Robert was said to be 'helping?'
I wonder if LE has talked with her.
Maybe Robert called her to come and pick him up?

My prayers are with Bob and Fontelle. My parents live in Placentia. Less than 2 miles from where Bob's house is. He really couldnt have gone into a busy street in a short period of time. I'm hoping his family was not upset at his nuptials and hiding him..My sister is evil like that..If my Dad wanted to remarry if anything happened to my mother, all she would worry about would be her inheritance!!

No news on this man? I wonder what happened to him.

I have found no new info either.

It is hard to think what could have happened.
Yes, he could have wandered away, had an accident or a stroke, but he would have been found by now.
Yes, he could have gone over to the 45 yr old woman's house, the person he had helped out, but police probably have interviewed her and no money has been withdrawn from his bank. His daughter said he almost always uses checks and his checkbook was left at home.
Yes, foul play could happen. But, who? The son in law is the last person to have seen him at around 1pm. SIL was on the way to Home Depot to pick up supplies for Robert. But, have police seen sil on video from Home Depot and at what time?
I am not saying the son in law did anything, just wondering out loud.
I thought maybe he fell in the garage and on the IS site, his daughter, says that the garage was completely full.
But again, by this time, someone would have found him.
If he did just take off, thinking what have I done, getting married so quickly, he would have gone to family or to a good friend. And no one has reported him phoning or
coming over.
??

Reading over news and other forums,
Fontelle was only 15 when they would have been engaged in 1950.
Family says that Robert never mentioned Fontelle and he was
engaged to their mother in Oct. 1950, after knowing each
other 3 months. (robert's wife passed away last year)
Family also says that Robert never went to the Korean war. He was
in the reserves and during Korean war, he served as a cook, at Camp Pendleton.

Fontelle came to visit for the first time on June 23. On June 29, they went to get a marriage license and decided to get married there at the courthouse. They did not tell either family until July 2.
Fontelle returned to MO a few days later to pack her belongings, etc.
Robert went missing on July 27.
They spoke 2 times a day while she was gone. They spoke on Sunday for the last time.
Fontelle returned on July 29. She brought her daughter and her dog with her.
She reported Robert missing.

http://www.rimoftheworld.net/3911
flier of Robert Harrod
This flier says Robert last seen at 11:00am, son in law back in the house at 1:00pm.

I was reading up on this case over on IS today and there seem to be quite a few twists and turns - and several possibilities as to what may have happened to this man.

The quickie marriage is odd - particularly in that neither of them told their families about it until after the fact. However, I suppose that could be explained by the fact that they're elderly and he, for sure, may have believed his family would not be supportive. Evidently, his family had previously voiced their concerns over this 45-year-old woman who seems to have been taking advantage of him. Even to the point that social services was called in to investigate possible elder abuse!

Based on some of the comments made by someone claiming to be a member of Bob's family, he may have been in a precarious situation as a result of some of his dealings and associates - in addition to the 45-y-o golddigger. I have the impression he wasn't especially close to his children and may even have become very secretive.

Then there is the new wife, who is living in the family home, though it doesn't seem to be legally as the home is part of the family trust. His accounts have been frozen and are being monitored. Since Bob is just considered to be missing, pretty much everything is frozen.

It's a very complicated case and seems to become more complicated by the day!

I wonder why the family did not report him missing on the 27th. Why did the bride have to do it 2 days later?

Per relative on IS forum, poi is the 45 yr old woman that Robert Harrod had been helping out with money.

Per relative on IS forum, poi is the 45 yr old woman that Robert Harrod had been helping out with money.

And it does make sense. Just have to figure out how she did or intended to benefit. She obviously can't get her grubby hands on his money right now. So I'm thinking she either got it from him before he went missing or she has reason to believe he had willed her something in the event of his death. Which also isn't working out for her at this stage.

The wife is behaving strangely too, but IMO, everything points to the POI right now. It's sickening how shameless some women can be in going after what they want and how foolish men can be for falling for it.

Nothing new on line today.

Robert is now missing 18 days.
His new wife is living in the house.
Locks have been changed.

Where is Robert?

The 45 year old woman that was "helping" Robert. Was this like a home health care type person? A friend? Where is she now? Last question has it been reported on as to why the son that went to get supplies did not report his father missing when he got back and realized that Robert was gone?

The 45 year old woman that was "helping" Robert. Was this like a home health care type person? A friend? Where is she now? Last question has it been reported on as to why the son that went to get supplies did not report his father missing when he got back and realized that Robert was gone?
====================================================

Info: from IS forum.

45 yr old woman: per family posts: She is a barber that cut Robert Harrod's hair.
He started helping her while his wife of over 50 years was very ill.
Per another forum, family post, Robert gave her over lots of money over the last 18 months.
LE is aware of who she is.

Son in law: He has helped Robert out a lot. Robert supposedly did not like going to Home Depot. Robert was having sil help him fix up the house for new wife, Fontelle. Robert asked sil to go to hardware store for supplies.
SIL left for Home Depot about 11am, got back about 1pm. A cleaning person had been waiting outside for a half hour. Robert was not there.
The only thing missing is his wallet and car keys.
Car, glasses, checkbook all left at the house.
SIL notified family and I think, called police.
Family checked with neighbors, etc.
That night, Fontelle, who was in MO, packing her belongings, and knew Robert was missing, called the local police and filed an official missing persons report.

It has been 32 days since Robert Harrod went missing.
No one has heard from him since July 27, 2009.

He left with his wallet and car keys. But the car is at his home.

He could not have had a sudden medical condition, because he would have been found by now.

As far as it can be determined, he did not call a cab or take a bus.

The last person to see him was his SIL, who left to do an errand for Robert at Home Depot.
When he arrived back 2 hrs later, Robert was gone.

He got married to an old girlfriend, Fontelle Heeter, 6/27/9, after hearing from her in May.
She was back in MO packing up her house when Robert went missing.

Where is Robert?
http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=67544
http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?board=5.20

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/police-harrod-department-2541805-loomis-placentia This is the latest news article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado