1049 users online (219 members and 830 guests)  

Websleuths News

Oh Captain, My Captain

Sam Cooke honored at Music Festival this Weekend....

I love, love, love Sam Cooke. He was a one off in my book...

email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Penn's woods
    ..."I want to marry you and take you home...<singing > You send me...honest you do...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqzv1ZS6uZs"]YouTube - Sam Cooke - You Send Me[/ame]
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    We are coming up on the 50th anniversary (December 11) of Cooke being shot - a bizarre end.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Heart of Europe
    'Sam Cooke died 50 years ago this week, an anniversary that is receiving little or no organized fanfare. It’s not that Cooke is entirely forgotten: His 1960 hit “(What A) Wonderful World” – “Don’t know much about history…” – has been streamed more than 15 million times on Spotify, and his reading of his civil-rights anthem “A Change Is Gonna Come” is approaching 10 million streams on the service.

In 2005, he was the subject of “Dream Boogie: The Triumph of Sam Cooke,” a comprehensive biography by Peter Guralnick, who documented the life of Elvis Presley with similar thoroughness'.....much more at link.

Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links