1353 users online (259 members and 1094 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

John Hughes, Director of Breakfast Club, dead at 59.

John Hughes, who directed films including 'The Breakfast Club, has died from a heart attack in New York, his publicist says.

RIP Mr. Hughes and Prayers for His Family..I had such a crush on Him!

Last edited by DollyPardonMe; 08-06-2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: added pic
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

I'm so sorry to hear this.

His work will continue to entertain. My middle daughter and son have developed a respect for his movies. They watch them often, and many times over and over.

Rest in Peace John. Prayers for your family. You truly were one of the voices for our generation.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Wow. I was a high school student in the 80s, and my friends and I all loved his movies. Now my own teen daughters love his movies (oldies to them!). RIP

Wow! Too young, but he sure did leave some lovely things as his legacy. My brother can recite The Breakfast Club from beginning to end!!!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I was too Mr. E. I loved his movies and my kids have watched his movies and loved them too. My kids and my nieces and nephews all memorized the lines in Breakfast Club. No matter what era you live in, teen angst is universal.

RIP

I think The Breakfast Club will always be one of my favorites but here are some of his other "Bests"

National Lampoon's Vacation, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Uncle Buck, Home Alone and its sequel Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

I'm sad

I graduated high school in 1986. These movies are like touchstones for me --I can remember who I saw them with, quote lines from them, and yes, I looked like the people in them. Does anyone else feel like the 70s and 80s are under attack...with all the pop icon losses we've had lately?

Unhappy

That's sad and way too young.
    Yes,2009 has been a truly somber year for celebrity deaths,there has just been too many.

I was a kid in the eighties and so loved John Hughes movies, wanting to be just like the actors in them etc... His movies while not all critically acclaimed left a real imprint and have stood the test of time, despite irrefutably representing a distinct era. RIP Mr. Hughes.

So sad! For his family and for the 80s babies who are facing 40 and losing teen idols at a rapid rate.

Prayers for his wife, sons, and grandchildren. He was far too young to go!

Thanks for the memories and the magical moments. RIP.

Read this:

http://wellknowwhenwegetthere.blogsp...hn-hughes.html

What a gift! Can you imagine getting these letters?

I was in high school in the eighties. Like palmerk said above, these movies were completely woven into the fabric of my life at the time. I lived Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, Breakfast Club....those songs were my songs.

RIP John Hughes. Your movies have left a lasting effect on generations for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    Read this:

http://wellknowwhenwegetthere.blogsp...hn-hughes.html

What a gift! Can you imagine getting these letters?
    What a kind man he was!
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

RIP to the man who brought all of my coming of age issues to the big screen.....

xo
    Just my, no one elses

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyMama View Post
    I was in high school in the eighties. Like palmerk said above, these movies were completely woven into the fabric of my life at the time. I lived Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, Breakfast Club....those songs were my songs.

RIP John Hughes. Your movies have left a lasting effect on generations for years to come.
    Well said. I like a lot of his movies but Breakfast Club was absolutely my favorite. I remember doing a paper on it in college and I think I know every line, every moment of that film. I have seen it a million times but one of the best was introducing it to my son who now counts it as one of his faves.
    RIP JH.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast