Status
Not open for further replies.

twomanywords

I know I meant to write toomanywords
Reaction score
Posted: 1:03 pm EDT August 6, 2009
Updated: 1:32 pm EDT August 6, 2009
<snipped>
During Wednesday's deposition, Conway says prosecutors asked George what kind of mother Casey was and about the events between last June and July, when Caylee was reported missing.

"It was very professional, very respectful and very efficient. We got through yesterday. We don't have to come back and everybody cooperated and did the best they could. It was very successful," Conway said.

Conway also said the Anthonys' depositions in April for the civil suit against Casey were a publicity stunt. He said the latest depositions are legitimate preparations for trial.

http://www.wftv.com/news/20304707/detail.html

BBM
Why would the depos with Morgan be a publicity stunt? Why would anyone want to purposely look that unpleasant and argumentative?
I apologize if this has already been included in any other threads, I just found it to be an odd statement, kinda like admitting they like to cause trouble.:confused:

I wonder if Morgan knows this? Aren't civil suits supposed to be truthful and taken seriously?

I think Brad is referring to Morgan and Morgan when he speaks of "publicity stunt"! The A's and BC consider that lawsuit "frivolous" and Morgan no more than an ambulance chaser! I'm sure he would say that the A's behaviour, under the circumstances, almost justified! He would probably say that they (the A's) were provoked. :rolleyes:
Of course, the A camp care nothing of the collateral damage their daughter has done to many people and probably blame some of them for KC's downfall!:bang:

Ugh, I hate to say this but I sorta agree with conway (someone please punch me in the throat) I know Morgan has a job to do and I understand the videos had to be released but I found the civil suit rather frivolous. Everyone knew Zenaida wasn't the culprit.
That said, I still enjoyed watching the depos and watching the A's make themselves look foolish and unprofessional.

On a side note, I showed my boss parts of Cindys depo (He doesn't follow the case) and his mouth was to the floor at how she acted in a court of law. I mean who does that and talks to lawyers like that calling them aholes? Sigh

Oh and I don't think Morgan is an "ambulance chaser" like the A's say... that part I don't agree with, for the record.
I hear he's a very well known atty that doesn't have to go looking for work.

M&M might well be riding on the coat-tails of this case on behalf of their client but NOTHING excuses the A's horrendous response in dealing with issues surrounding the murder of their Grand-daughter. They really showed their true colors and without question, their shameful behavior in those depos will come back to bite them!

:bang:

MOO

I find it odd Conway says it was a publicity stunt It sounds like M&M is much more well known why would he need publicity. The A's could have answered questions and been out of the in 1/3 the time if they left out all the stuff that they went off on.
Conway is probably embarrassed he had no control of his clients so he is putting it back on Civil case attorneys. I did feel bad for him quite a few times in that depo. CA lacks respect for anyone and she lets it be known.
GA calls it tuff and strength. Hogwash...GA is like a little boy he thinks he can't live on his own strengths so he is stuck to CA like glue.

Yep, I am sure BC was referring to M & M.....and I could not disagree with him more. First and foremost, I do not think that John Morgan is obstructing justice for Caylee in any way, no matter if he is showboating or if he is sincere-Either way, he is one more conduit to truth, and he is utilizing a legal method.
As trial draws near, his client is coming closer and closer to being named in a criminal trial as a potential murderer-Not just a kidnapper. ZG is better served having this taken care of ASAP, rather than later, and she is the one that will pay John Morgan when the case is settled.
BC knows this and his comment shows that he has come a long way from the more timid personality that he seemed when his "tenure" began.

I don't think CA and GA were deposed any differently than LA was. It was the senior Anthonys' disrespect for the proceedings and the embarrassing, childish way they answered the questions that brought about the publicity for M&M. We didn't see LA's deposition make the media rounds that CA and GA's did.

I don't think CA and GA were deposed any differently than LA was. It was the senior Anthonys' disrespect for the proceedings and the embarrassing, childish way they answered the questions that brought about the publicity for M&M. We didn't see LA's deposition make the media rounds that CA and GA's did.

:clap: All Cindy & George did was show how much above the law they think they & Casey are. I think they need to be locked up along with their evil daughter. :clap:

I believe what he meant is that the Anthony's felt the civil suit was a publicity stunt (which I completely agree with), and that is why they were so angry etc there. Whereas this is trial preparation and is ligitimate.

I have been in Morgan and Morgan's office in Orlando..no not ambulance chasers..very credible attorneys, very well established and the offices are prime orlando real estate, No junk there and no publicity stunt...IMHO

The a's were asked questions that they did not want to answer and IMO they acted like jerks.

I believe what he meant is that the Anthony's felt the civil suit was a publicity stunt (which I completely agree with), and that is why they were so angry etc there. Whereas this is trial preparation and is ligitimate.

The civil suit was brought about to repair damages to the named person Casey said took her daughter. One of the main complaints is that she is having difficulty finding a job.

Isn't it all over the news today that George is suffering the same consequence? How could he, then, not have empathy for the woman that his daughter pointed her finger at? How could his representative call it a publicity stunt while his own client is complaining of the same thing? (And it was all brought about by his daughter ~ Z brought nothing on herself!!!) She does have legitimate rights, too.

I respectfully disagree that the A's had the right to act any way but with respect for the legal process (one on which their daughters life will depend) regardless of how they felt about the civil case. The only thing that matters is that ZG felt "wronged" and is addressing it the right way - through the legal system. The A's total disregard for the legal system and the rules of conduct that civilized society lives by is exactly what has landed their family in the situation they're in.

Hey JB and BC, We all saw video of those depositions - Gee my recollection is that it was the Anthony's that acted erratic and not respectful........
The "spin" that these two attorney's offer as truth is obscene.

Once upon a time I really thought Conway was a decent person....look what they have done to him!! That is cruel to Zanaida to call that a "publicity stunt"! They have really tainted Brad. He better keep his mouth shut or Morgan might find a way to bring charges for that kind of statement.
Oh, BTW, when are they going to finish the depos with Morgan?

Wonder what BC is going to call the check fraud case?

Once upon a time I really thought Conway was a decent person....look what they have done to him!! That is cruel to Zanaida to call that a "publicity stunt"! They have really tainted Brad. He better keep his mouth shut or Morgan might find a way to bring charges for that kind of statement.
Oh, BTW, when are they going to finish the depos with Morgan?

Bolded by me...........Now wouldn't that be a hoot! Almost worth the fee to get the laugh..........:woohoo:

A publicity stunt for what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members