Aerial pics by Mikeb

Marvelous is the word for these pictures! Amazing!

Mikeb, thank you so much for taking these pictures for Lindsey, and for sharing them with us. They are so clear and close, I feel like if I stretched just a little bit, I could touch a treetop; they are simply breathtaking!

I hope you will consider offering these to the investigators who are working on Lindsey's case, if you have not already done so.

Marvelous is the word for these pictures! Amazing!

Mikeb, thank you so much for taking these pictures for Lindsey, and for sharing them with us. They are so clear and close, I feel like if I stretched just a little bit, I could touch a treetop; they are simply breathtaking!

I hope you will consider offering these to the investigators who are working on Lindsey's case, if you have not already done so.

Hi Mikeb, I so agree with Coastal and Kimster and also want to give you a big WELCOME to Websleuths.

I am used to looking at a map so need to get my bearings, but my immediate thought was the depth of the trees that wrap around McCleary and extend out. I also didn't realize there was another big pond or lake north of McCleary, and rather close by.

Marvelous is the word for these pictures! Amazing! ...snip...

Good idea for a thread Kim. When I get back in a week I'll look at this thread and get the places you want me to check out more carefully and I'll fly it again.

Feel free to offer these to whoever might be interested.

I hope Lindsey is living with some freakshow family in god only knows where and we end up with another Elizabeth Smart story. Since I'm not God I can't do anything about that. But if it is worse and her body is out there we'll find it. For her, for her family and for us.

Going off some stuff on the Astro thread, and after some research, I'm curious about the Chehalis River area in Montesano. Around the Preachers/Blue Slough area? Does this make sense to someone from who's from around there? It would be about 20 miles away from McCleary.

That would be a W.S.W direction.

Is there an area that is associated with an old Indian Tribe/Reservation somewhere around there? An old church?

Haddie, I walk my dogs at Preachers Slough about 3 days a week.

We actually talked about this area in the man thread. The Indian Reservation is not in the area (don't know if it was ever part of one.. but it hasn't been in the past 40 years), And I don't recall there ever being an old church there.. it's mainly swamp area so I know there is nothing there now.

JenniferO said:
He's home!!! Thank you to everyone who sent their well wishes, hugs, prayers and salutes. My son and I appreciate it

JenniferO, it is we who appreciate you! How can we ever thank you enough? (((Hugs!!!))) I am so happy for you, I have tears and chills!

k010.gif
YAY!!

Hi all, I finally got online access down here in California. I should be home by Friday. It's been asked if one of my pictures could be used elsewhere. My answer was absolutely. I wouldn't want someone making scenic postcards of McCleary but "missing" postcards would be fine. Get as much mileage out of these pictures as possible. Media can use them also.

After I get back I'll shoot the Chehalis River and visit McCleary on the ground.

I've taken some liberties here and posted a couple of Mike's posts from the Lindsey general thread for everyone that is looking at the river pictures:

I've been busy. I don't know how well this is going to work but perhaps someone can check it out. Go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/7814456@N08/sets/72157622145620046/ and there will be a bunch of small pictures. Then click on the "map" tab and it will display where the photos are taken. Not sure if this is going to work. Please let me know if it works.

Dennis, I can go through and pull some shots that are representative and get some 11x14s made.

There is something you can do. I didn't place the Chehalis River photos on the map but they are in the middle of all the thumbnails on the first page. We need to go through the river pictures and, well, look for a body in the river. Pay careful attention to anywhere something might get hung up. You'll need to use the largest size photo. I believe it is 3000 by something. I did notice that you can actually see the bottom of the river in many places.

Thanks, Mike

OK, I should have had a more organized plan.

As you are going through the photos and you see something make a note of the picture number, should be something like 090824_03xx, and whatever looks suspicious. Post that information in the "aerial pics by MikeB" thread. Then I and others can scrutinize it. I have looked at a lot of aerial photos. I'm good at it. If it needs checked out further we can do that. That's why we are doing this.

And it's good that more than one set of eyes are looking.

Thanks. Good job!

Thank you again, Mike. I will be asking one of the mods to make this thread a sticky so we can all find it quickly.

Salem

In picture 090824_0470 I see a log or something jammed up. This might be a good place to take a look on the ground. In the picture, it is just above the plowed field. It also looks like there is a bit of an inlet there.

In picture 090824_0469 it shows a paved road up to the river's edge - maybe a docking area? Again, it looks like there is some debris and wood in the water. Might be good to take a look at this area also? I'm seeing the logs to the left side of the dock as I look at it on my screen.

When looking at 0469 in the largest frame, it appears there is a white spot, which does not appear to be fast moving water, at the edge of the triangle that jets out into the water. Very close to the left side of the hammerhead before the docking finger. There is a little triangle piece of land there. It is up against this triangle on the left side (as I look at the picture).

Salem

With all the logs in the water, I'm thinking this might be a good place to take a cadaver dog trained in water scenting?

Salem

Okay - I just figured out how to make the pictures at the 3000 reso - duh LOL. I have a question - with all the time that has passed, would we be able to tell what we are looking for? I see a lot of logs in the water and debris jams. But I'm not sure, after all this time, what exactly we might see. Lindsey went missing June 26th - more than 2 months ago. This is hard to write - but would she still be in one piece at this point? Especially if she was in the water? Or are we looking for smaller pieces? :(

Thanks,

Salem

In picture 090824_0465 - there is a debris jam? Hard to tell - but it is configured funny. Not parallal with the current, but perpendicular. Towards the right hand side of the picture (as I look at it on my screen) on the river side of the second or third inlet. Looks to big to be Lindsey, but?

Salem

Here's some underwater logs in 470. Looked like legs at first. But on closer examination it turns out it was a log.

090824_0470_logs.jpg

Okay - I just figured out how to make the pictures at the 3000 reso - duh LOL. I have a question - with all the time that has passed, would we be able to tell what we are looking for? I see a lot of logs in the water and debris jams. But I'm not sure, after all this time, what exactly we might see. Lindsey went missing June 26th - more than 2 months ago. This is hard to write - but would she still be in one piece at this point? Especially if she was in the water? Or are we looking for smaller pieces? :(

Thanks,

Salem
Look for colors of her clothes. Yes, she could be intact still if in the water. If she was not weighted down, there is a better chance she would be intact. Decomp varies depending on the conditions.

Also note areas of earth which look recently disturbed in the fields and yards. This will be very small (probably too small to see on these), but if it appears out of place...they can magnify it to sort out the details.

I look overall for things which appear out of place in the photo first. Then I use a grid method starting in one corner and working through the photo a tiny bit at a time. If something catches my eye, I look for similar objects and usually find there is more than one so I can rule it out.

I try to find a reference point to compare size in each photo, too. (This isn't easy from the air.)

Look for 55 gallon drums, containers, or suitcases.

Going off some stuff on the Astro thread, and after some research, I'm curious about the Chehalis River area in Montesano. Around the Preachers/Blue Slough area? Does this make sense to someone from who's from around there? It would be about 20 miles away from McCleary.

That would be a W.S.W direction.

Is there an area that is associated with an old Indian Tribe/Reservation somewhere around there? An old church?

I don't know about a church in the area, but a little further west in Cosmopolis was where a treaty council was held for Chehalis, Salish, Quinalt and other tribes.

Bumping this up for everyone to see hopefully!

WE NEED EYES!

:eye::eye: :eye::eye: :eye::eye:​

Look for colors of her clothes. Yes, she could be intact still if in the water. If she was not weighted down, there is a better chance she would be intact. Decomp varies depending on the conditions.

Also note areas of earth which look recently disturbed in the fields and yards. This will be very small (probably too small to see on these), but if it appears out of place...they can magnify it to sort out the details.

I look overall for things which appear out of place in the photo first. Then I use a grid method starting in one corner and working through the photo a tiny bit at a time. If something catches my eye, I look for similar objects and usually find there is more than one so I can rule it out.

I try to find a reference point to compare size in each photo, too. (This isn't easy from the air.)

Look for 55 gallon drums, containers, or suitcases.

I keep thinking timer 55. Isn't that what Casey was counting on the time it takes for one to decompose. So if this is the case then she may not be of flesh just bones with clothing on or off. Casey also took the clothing off so it would decompose faster. Sorry just thinking out loud..

I've been on the back roads from McCleary going up to Matlock and the Olympics several times, and there are a ton of places on that route to think about looking. The roads aren't traveled by many.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back