1002 users online (110 members and 892 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Okay - I just figured out how to make the pictures at the 3000 reso - duh LOL. I have a question - with all the time that has passed, would we be able to tell what we are looking for? I see a lot of logs in the water and debris jams. But I'm not sure, after all this time, what exactly we might see. Lindsey went missing June 26th - more than 2 months ago. This is hard to write - but would she still be in one piece at this point? Especially if she was in the water? Or are we looking for smaller pieces?

Thanks,

Salem
    Look for colors of her clothes. Yes, she could be intact still if in the water. If she was not weighted down, there is a better chance she would be intact. Decomp varies depending on the conditions.

Also note areas of earth which look recently disturbed in the fields and yards. This will be very small (probably too small to see on these), but if it appears out of place...they can magnify it to sort out the details.

I look overall for things which appear out of place in the photo first. Then I use a grid method starting in one corner and working through the photo a tiny bit at a time. If something catches my eye, I look for similar objects and usually find there is more than one so I can rule it out.

I try to find a reference point to compare size in each photo, too. (This isn't easy from the air.)

Look for 55 gallon drums, containers, or suitcases.
    Last edited by SeriouslySearching; 08-27-2009 at 04:30 AM.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

McCleary is offline Still searching for the elusive grouse...
    Quote Originally Posted by Haddie McFaddies Mom View Post
    Going off some stuff on the Astro thread, and after some research, I'm curious about the Chehalis River area in Montesano. Around the Preachers/Blue Slough area? Does this make sense to someone from who's from around there? It would be about 20 miles away from McCleary.

That would be a W.S.W direction.

Is there an area that is associated with an old Indian Tribe/Reservation somewhere around there? An old church?
    I don't know about a church in the area, but a little further west in Cosmopolis was where a treaty council was held for Chehalis, Salish, Quinalt and other tribes.

Bumping this up for everyone to see hopefully!

WE NEED EYES!

Last edited by SeriouslySearching; 08-27-2009 at 04:31 AM.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Look for colors of her clothes. Yes, she could be intact still if in the water. If she was not weighted down, there is a better chance she would be intact. Decomp varies depending on the conditions.

Also note areas of earth which look recently disturbed in the fields and yards. This will be very small (probably too small to see on these), but if it appears out of place...they can magnify it to sort out the details.

I look overall for things which appear out of place in the photo first. Then I use a grid method starting in one corner and working through the photo a tiny bit at a time. If something catches my eye, I look for similar objects and usually find there is more than one so I can rule it out.

I try to find a reference point to compare size in each photo, too. (This isn't easy from the air.)

Look for 55 gallon drums, containers, or suitcases.
    I keep thinking timer 55. Isn't that what Casey was counting on the time it takes for one to decompose. So if this is the case then she may not be of flesh just bones with clothing on or off. Casey also took the clothing off so it would decompose faster. Sorry just thinking out loud..

I've been on the back roads from McCleary going up to Matlock and the Olympics several times, and there are a ton of places on that route to think about looking. The roads aren't traveled by many.
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

In aeriel pic. 090824-0328 It looks to be the area near the train bridge there is the pond. On left side of pond looks like large pile of rocks, On right side in pond looks like two barrels not to far off the sand part. On the land looks like some sort of brush and there is a road. I am looking at these at 400. Also if you go down from tractor trailer truck in between truck and hay field looks to be another barrel. Not sure if it is but looks like one

In pic 447, in the original size, there's a stack of logs in the river with something more pale to even yellow on top of it like it's caught and stuck there. It could be a dry log on top but just thought I'd point it out.

Now, in the same photo, below the logs in the river is this white strip of land with something weird that appears to be lying on it... it may be some equipment used for irrigation or plowing? Follow that white strip of land to something round and brown at the top sitting on the white strip.
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

In pic 441, in both large and original views, there is a white round object in the water pretty much at the center of the screen nearest the brown field.

In pic 0434, in large view you can barely see above the river in the trees some blue material so in original view I can see blue material and white in a couple of spots with maybe some metal??

Quote Originally Posted by gibby207 View Post
    In pic 447, in the original size, there's a stack of logs in the river with something more pale to even yellow on top of it like it's caught and stuck there. It could be a dry log on top but just thought I'd point it out.

Now, in the same photo, below the logs in the river is this white strip of land with something weird that appears to be lying on it... it may be some equipment used for irrigation or plowing? Follow that white strip of land to something round and brown at the top sitting on the white strip.
    IDK
    Logs MOO

JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    Did Mike mention going out for another flight today? Or maybe there is an air search that wasn't put out into the media.

I have one airplane and one helicopter that I can see that are following the river. They've circled over several times already. They are flying pretty darn low too so I'm assuming they are looking for something.

ETA: Oops.. Mike was posting at the same time as I was. Unless he's flying, taking pictures AND posting on the internet all at the same time (and that seems like it would be unsafe).. it's pretty safe to assume it's not him.

sorry, I need to get some stuff done today to get ready for the meeting tonight. I may have to fly some of the areas again to determine what exactly we are looking at. Keep the posts coming. If, after consideration, we need to look closer, we will.

Keep up the good work.

Mike

JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    Mike, I really admire you for doing this.

Such an amazing thing to take your time and money and put it towards this. I don't think anyone can ever thank you enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    IDK
    Logs MOO
    Thank you! For everything you do!

On pic 425, in the midleft part of the photo on the top part of the river near the gravel road there is a white object that looks like a garbage bag(?) or something in the shoreline. This is in large view. I enlarged to original view and it's really distorted... maybe it's a rock tho..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast