Keeping Haleigh's Story In The Public Eye: Events & Ideas

Tom'sGirl

Former Member
Reaction score
This thread is for positive posts only!​

It seems that both events have gotten Haleigh's name back out there. TJ mentioned them both today on HLN and that is a good thing.

It's hard to get the press interested when the case seems to be at a standstill and LE is so tight lipped.

I know what would really get Haleigh's name out there and that is if Ron and Crystal would put all the drama aside and together go on a press junket. The morning shows and NG and I bet Greta would stop doing politics for a night to have both of them on her show and sit down with the area press in FL.

I found that there were places in my town that didn't have her FDLE posters displayed, I have been driving around town and putting them where ever I can. I also started mailing out my "chain" letter, LOL. Oh my friends will love me, but they will help. We have mailers going to OH, AR, NC, CA, and of all places Norway. I am asking them to put the flyers up where they live. Today I am checking the 2 post offices to make sure they have posters too. As someone here said "Let's get to it!"

We have poster from all over the World that read here, maybe some of you can put up posters in your area :blowkiss: No matter where HaLeigh is, she will appreciate anything you do on her behalf and her family's.

I just want to commend Crystal's family for coming up with such a generous and wonderful idea to honor Haleigh. This supply drive will end up helping hundreds of kids and will affect all those children positively in their learning at school and also in knowing that giving to others is a rewarding experience for all involved. The idea of giving to others in Haleigh's honor shows the caliber of this family's character.

As I went out today to post flyers of HaLeigh at the post office; a woman stopped me in the parking lot. Her t-shirt said "Angel" on it. She came running up to me and said she wanted to help. She said she saw me putting up HaLeigh's poster and read how recent it was. She then proceeded to tell me, her nephew had been kidnapped and was found alive and well in FL. He was taken from up North when he was a baby. They cut and dyed his hair, and were living down here. They found him after 8 months. She is now another person putting out the flyers, emailing to friends, and she has a newspaper-marketing business on the Gulf Coast. She is going to get the word out because she knows how hard it is to do. She also said "Don't give up Hope".

People are good and they do want to help. :blowkiss:

My heart just breaks for them....

As I went out today to post flyers of HaLeigh at the post office; a woman stopped me in the parking lot. Her t-shirt said "Angel" on it. She came running up to me and said she wanted to help. She said she saw me putting up HaLeigh's poster and read how recent it was. She then proceeded to tell me, her nephew had been kidnapped and was found alive and well in FL. He was taken from up North when he was a baby. They cut and dyed his hair, and were living down here. They found him after 8 months. She is now another person putting out the flyers, emailing to friends, and she has a newspaper-marketing business on the Gulf Coast. She is going to get the word out because she knows how hard it is to do. She also said "Don't give up Hope".

Did she tell you who took the child? Was it a family member?tia

wow that's amazing, and great message to not give up hope

Wow, great story Bern and so true..Never give up hope.

The other thing she said, was don't just leave it all up to LE to find your child. They only have so much time, man power and resources to do this tremendous job. She said use your computer to do mass emails, save a photo on a cell phone and you always have it to compare to a child you see and think could be the one you are looking for. NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK....

The other thing she said, was don't just leave it all up to LE to find your child. They only have so much time, man power and resources to do this tremendous job. She said use your computer to do mass emails, save a photo on a cell phone and you always have it to compare to a child you see and think could be the one you are looking for. NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK....

Especially if they are Putnam County LE ;)

Ronald tells Action News he plans on holding a candlelight vigil for Haleigh at his church on Sunday. He also says on the 17th, he and his family will launch balloons in remembrance of her birthday. Cummings says each of those balloons will have a flier with her face and information on it so wherever it pops, someone will see her face.

Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh’s mother, is also doing something special to honor Haleigh’s birthday. Sheffield tells Action News several of her relatives will be at Riverfront Park in Palatka from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. to accept donations of school supplies for Browning Pearce Elementary School, the school Haleigh attended. Only school supplies will be accepted, no cash.
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...-first-time-since/9Ij0J9vMwku_XZLxnDEc1g.cspx

What a wonderful thing this woman is doing. God Bless her!

LOL Well...nothing like the no-nonsense approach by a Higher Power to give you some support is there?! And she had "Angel" on her shirt, too! :eek: Now...come on...how can anyone believe she wasn't put in that spot at that time for a reason?! ;) Wonderful story and I am glad you shared it with us.

Can some one here get the flyer and put it in there home email and put a small and short explanation that we are looking for her and if you get the email, to print out the poster and post it in your area? Send it to ALL in your address book? I need to do it here, and get it out, but lots here don't share emails, but we have people in our address books that would help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back