1110 users online (171 members and 939 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    thinking about the sentencing, 1st judge gave her credit for house arrest but that had only been what a few years maybe if that ? This time a totel of 7 years she has been on house arrest? WOndering if the judge can say " No Way Jose" that would knock off half her 20 year sentence. Well, one can wish LOL Hoping he does not allow credit for house arrest and she will then serve around 17 years if Florida has no early release...

Quote Originally Posted by dizzychick View Post
    thinking about the sentencing, 1st judge gave her credit for house arrest but that had only been what a few years maybe if that ? This time a totel of 7 years she has been on house arrest? WOndering if the judge can say " No Way Jose" that would knock off half her 20 year sentence. Well, one can wish LOL Hoping he does not allow credit for house arrest and she will then serve around 17 years if Florida has no early release...
    It still annoys me that she was a convicted felon and she got to relax at home and make babies.

anyone know if the hearing today 7.14 1est will be streamed?

Felon DD is denied a new trial even though her attorney said a juror was sleeping and said he has signatures of 6 people saying the one juror was sleeping. The Judge reviewed videos and said not the juror was not. IMOO defense was rude to the Judge as Rosenfeld kept arguing telling the judge that neither one of them was a sleep expert, and said the judge could not tell if the juror were asleep or not.

“She doesn't have to be sound asleep drooling on herself in the jury box,” he said.
    It was the tone of the defense lawyers voice that got to me.

The defense said in video clip, she is a 'loving mother and is misunderstood' and he will bring in NEW evidence at the sentencing hearing. Her 1 1/2 year old son will be brought up at the sentencing. So what great bombshell new evidence will the defense have...she is pregnant again? who the father is? any one want to guess?

The reporter said the the 7 year house arrest will NOT be used as a credit in her sentence!!!! Yippee on that one.

http://www.wpbf.com/article/judge-de...trial/10308044

Today, Fox 29 reports sentencing is today July 21, 1:30pm east coast/Florida time. Defense lawyers are asking for 1-2 year with 163 day credit for jail time served. Defense wants DD child to be considered.

Sorry cannot link on iPad

I understand children and parents need each other, however, DD did not consider her ex husband had a family and their needs she just hired a hit man. Age should play no factor in sentencing of children in this case. If DD gets angry so easily, to try and arrange a murder, how does she act when her child misbehaves? The child is better off away from her. I hope she gets a longer sentence but I have no idea at all how this Judge will act.

What does anyone else think....short or long sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by MsJosie View Post
    Today, Fox 29 reports sentencing is today July 21, 1:30pm east coast/Florida time. Defense lawyers are asking for 1-2 year with 163 day credit for jail time served. Defense wants DD child to be considered.

Sorry cannot link on iPad

I understand children and parents need each other, however, DD did not consider her ex husband had a family and their needs she just hired a hit man. Age should play no factor in sentencing of children in this case. If DD gets angry so easily, to try and arrange a murder, how does she act when her child misbehaves? The child is better off away from her. I hope she gets a longer sentence but I have no idea at all how this Judge will act.

What does anyone else think....short or long sentence?
    Very good post, MsJosie.
    I'm praying for the max, whatever that is, but reality to me thinks she will get 3 years with 10 years probation.
    Does she deserve such a light sentence considering she was 5000 % sure she wanted her hubby slaughtered? Oh hell no!
    Lock that's bit$! Up and toss the key. She deserves to wallow under the crow bar motel, it suites her.
    She should have thought about her child before she got herself knocked up on purpose, plus she was childless when she conspired to have hubby murdered. She wants her boy to be a bargaining chip, sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-pa...months-in-jail

-the state's recommendation to sentence her to 30 years in prison.

-Dippolito is asking for 24 months in jail, which is half of the lowest permissible sentence.

-Dippolito will be sentenced at 1:30 p.m. Friday.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-pa...months-in-jail

-the state's recommendation to sentence her to 30 years in prison.

-Dippolito is asking for 24 months in jail, which is half of the lowest permissible sentence.

-Dippolito will be sentenced at 1:30 p.m. Friday.
    Thank you, Spellbound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by turaj View Post
    anyone know if the hearing today 7.14 1est will be streamed?
    According to LawNewz.comyou can watch it on their site.

www.abcactionnews.com/live2 for phones and tablets streaming live
    Last edited by Bently; 07-21-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Currently, husband is on the stand and they are replaying all the calls that were taped by her hubby in the aftermath.

2:25 p.m. UPDATE:

Palm Beach State Attorney Dave Aronberg is in the courtroom for the Dalia Dippolito sentencing hearing. He is expected to make a statement afterwards.

After allowing undercover recordings of Dippolito to be used by the state, Judge Kelley disallows recordings of her phone calls from jail.

“Why can’t I present statements that you havent heard before?” Assistant State Attorney Williams asks.

Kelley: “Trust me, I know this case very well.”

The judge goes on to say he doesn’t want to open the case up for a possible appellate fight by listening to recordings of her jail calls.

2:15 p.m. UPDATE:

By replaying the undercover recordings of Dalia Dippolito, prosecutor Craig Williams is sticking to his trial strategy of letting her own words snare her.

When her attorney objected to their use for a second time, the judge responded, “Overruled and admonished. I don’t need new objections for stuff I’ve already ruled on.”

Her attorney, Greg Rosenfeld said the recordings violate wiretap laws, but the judge said this is a sentencing and that he previously ruled them admissible.

2:05 p.m. UPDATE: Palm Beach County prosecutors ask Judge Glenn Kelley to sentence Dippolito to 30 years in prison, while Dippolito’s attorneys ask for two years in prison and eight years of probation.

Besides reading texts, the prosecutor plays clips of her own words from the failed 2009 plot.

Dippolito’s other attorney, Greg Rosenfeld, objected to the number of text messages that the state was reading. Judge allows state to continue.

Meanwhile, her attorney in California, Claypool, has officially checked out of sentencing hearing. He’s in a hospital and had been participating via a telephone.

2 p.m. UPDATE:

Assistant State Attorney Craig Williams wants to read for Circuit Judge Glenn Kelley texts that Dalia Dippolito sent.

“I want us to remember who you’re going to sentence here today,” Williams sayd.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cr...Yp3PnJGXiuBAP/
    Last edited by Bently; 07-21-2017 at 02:39 PM.

I cannot even read here as the ads keep kicking in...bye for awhile

I can see the video here ( http://www.abcactionnews.com/live2 ) but have no audio...?

I found it here that is working: https://livestream.com/accounts/18968940/events/7610078
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

I can't believe her attorney is rambling on and on and had the nerve to say DD showed remorse by surrendering the house back to MD.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast