776 users online (97 members and 679 guests)  

Websleuths News

Iraq - Terrorists kidnap, torture boy to bully Iraqi policeman

Have you seen this story. This is absolutely horrible, that poor little boy.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/...tml#cnnSTCText

Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
    Have you seen this story. This is absolutely horrible, that poor little boy.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/...tml#cnnSTCText

These terrorist are animals. Some are are kidnapping young boys in Pakistan to train as terrorist or to rig them with bombs. How do you fight a group that respects no human life? They fight for the destruction of anyone they dislike.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    omg. I cannot even come close to imagining what this little boy endeared. I can't believe he is still alive.

It is very scary what can happen when a group of people with the same ideaology comes together under a united 'cause.' It is very similar to what the Nazis did during the 30's and 40's, the horrible situation in Darfur, I can think of dozens of examples - the power of 'group think' is something to take very seriously.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    omg. I cannot even come close to imagining what this little boy endeared. I can't believe he is still alive.

It is very scary what can happen when a group of people with the same ideaology comes together under a united 'cause.' It is very similar to what the Nazis did during the 30's and 40's, the horrible situation in Darfur, I can think of dozens of examples - the power of 'group think' is something to take very seriously.
    (bolded by me) I totally agree! That's why my husband and I encourage our children to be individual thinkers...Side note: Did anyone else notice the father's comment about the son being a martyr??? What an awful choice to have to make. I'd like to say that if I were in his place, I'd be just as strong, but I think I'd probably open the jail cells wide and let them all go free if it meant I'd get my baby back. Uggh. That story is just so heartwrenching.